Page 310 of 1454 FirstFirst ... 2102603003063073083093103113123133143203604108101310 ... LastLast
Results 4,636 to 4,650 of 21797

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    I'm really feeling the vibe of this book. I hope it is as good as it looks in concept. The only thing that bothers me a little bit is that I'm not loving Tim Seeley's scripts in the Shatterstar mini (although, I'm not hating it either). I hope he does better in this.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post

Bobby vs IceWizard!Bobby by Nate Stockman (plus Grace's reaction upon receiving the image). From next month's UXM: Winter's End one shot.
    I wish they changed the artist for this one. I can see he is really hardworking, but I still don't like it.
    Last edited by Weather; 01-10-2019 at 04:12 PM.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Since when is running (seemingly) around without clothes is considered "super sexualization"? Storm did it back in the day and it certainly wasn't shown in any way overtly sexual.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    And Hell, Mystique, Emma, and Psylocke are more sexualized. In general, media wants to showcase attractive women.

But there's the case where many think nudity = sexualization are connected. In general, X-Tracts kinda seems like a hippie era. 70's, and I think that was a period where many people streaked & thought nothing of it. lol

Then there's just more earthy people who feel nudity is natural, and there's nothing dirty or sexual about it.

And again, far as sexualization goes, Emma is at the top of that list. lol I'm not seeing it with Unveil right now. A possible earthy girl or flower-child, maybe.
    Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    Remember, being naked is sexual only if you make it sexual.
    The problem with the nudity =/= sexualization idea is that it ignores a long history of the sexualization and objectification of women's bodies, particularly in media. Context-less nudity, which is very much how the character has been designed and presented, is needless sexualization. There is no point here being made about cultural disparities like with Storm back in the day.

Obviously, a real woman should be permitted to dress herself however she wishes, but this is not a real woman capable of making decisions for herself. It is a character that was created and designed by two (presumably straight) men. The psychedelic '60s vibe they are clearly going for could easily be accomplished with clothing. The '60s was the decade of the bikini and mini skirts, there are other options available for the theme they are trying to convey.

In the description says she is half biological half gaseous, so I think clothes wouldn't make a lot of sense. And I really think her design is great. It just pops, mostly because of the colors.

But there is a very good point to be made about you almost never seeing a male character like this. I think it is more a thing to just make male characters be naked, not prohibiting female characters to be naked. Well, the industry is going in baby steps in the right direction (it could be better though), but I don't think it is the case to think the creators were bad for making these choices with this character.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

It ain't art, but we finally know where Sabretooth ends up next.
    https://www.cbr.com/black-widow-writ...#leave-comment

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I love her design. Being from Trinidad myself, I get a "carnival" vibe from her aesthetic/visual. And Barbados is also very well-known for its Crop Over carnival celebrations. I hope she comes over into the real universe once AoX is done.
    Since when is running (seemingly) around without clothes is considered "super sexualization"? Storm did it back in the day and it certainly wasn't shown in any way overtly sexual.
    She's Bajan?! I love this! Can't wait to see Rihanna play her in a movie.

I remember we got misty Vincente in AoA then he very briefly appeared in the 616. I also hope Unveil makes the jump but becomes more permanent. Of course, I hope she'll be a cool character and not just a cool visual and nationality.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

BANNED

It ain't art, but we finally know where Sabretooth ends up next.
    https://www.cbr.com/black-widow-writ...#leave-comment
    I know where you stand, but I personally prefer Creed as an antagonist, and I feel like some time spent away from the X-Books might be good for him anyhow. Also, that sounds like a solid Black Widow book with a great selection of villains (Baron Zemo, Taskmaster & Madam Masque)

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    I know where you stand, but I personally prefer Creed as an antagonist, and I feel like some time spent away from the X-Books might be good for him anyhow. Also, that sounds like a solid Black Widow book with a great selection of villains (Baron Zemo, Taskmaster & Madam Masque)
    Many share that idea. I am still hoping he's not since Jen does interject that he's a good guy now. Maybe they didn't read Pak's Weapon X. In which case, Hallelujah. lol According to them, this is an old idea they pitched a while back, but just now got the green-light to do.

Either way, I sworn off reading anything with him until I know he's not crapped on, then smeared in a toilet. That may keep me inactive on him for a while. lol
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 01-10-2019 at 09:20 PM.

BANNED

Many share that idea. I am still hoping he's not since Jen does interject that he's a good guy now. Maybe they didn't read Pak's Weapon X. In which case, Hallelujah. lol According to them, this is an old idea they pitched a while back, but just now got the green-light to do.

Either way, I sworn off reading anything with him until I know he's not crapped on, then smeared in a toilet. That may keep me inactive on him for a while. lol
    Not to derail the thread too much here, but I'm not sure there's room for a heroic Creed right now. Especially since every other Wolverine derivative and adjacent character are still in action.

I guess we'll see what happens with this Black Widow series and whether or not they can do him justice

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    The problem with the nudity =/= sexualization idea is that it ignores a long history of the sexualization and objectification of women's bodies, particularly in media. Context-less nudity, which is very much how the character has been designed and presented, is needless sexualization. There is no point here being made about cultural disparities like with Storm back in the day.

Obviously, a real woman should be permitted to dress herself however she wishes, but this is not a real woman capable of making decisions for herself. It is a character that was created and designed by two (presumably straight) men. The psychedelic '60s vibe they are clearly going for could easily be accomplished with clothing. The '60s was the decade of the bikini and mini skirts, there are other options available for the theme they are trying to convey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Weather View Post
    In the description says she is half biological half gaseous, so I think clothes wouldn't make a lot of sense. And I really think her design is great. It just pops, mostly because of the colors.

But there is a very good point to be made about you almost never seeing a male character like this. I think it is more a thing to just make male characters be naked, not prohibiting female characters to be naked. Well, the industry is going in baby steps in the right direction (it could be better though), but I don't think it is the case to think the creators were bad for making these choices with this character.
    DC got into trouble because they gave batman a penis, so it'll be awhile before we see male flesh....there's a HUGE double standard with male and female nudity in comics. Mostly because men are still the ones in charge in these companies. You can fill the ranks of artists/writers with women all you want, but if men are still 97% of these companies you're not seeing the correct change in the industry.

I understand why people are a little bit upset with this cover, but that is one beautiful piece of art in my opinion. And I do think that the character design does fit Unveil's power and personality description. Just my opinion. And we still need to see how the character will be written.
    Last edited by Thievery; 01-11-2019 at 07:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    Not to derail the thread too much here, but I'm not sure there's room for a heroic Creed right now. Especially since every other Wolverine derivative and adjacent character are still in action.
    It's not derailing too much. lol I agree fans would have to wait & see. I am not familiar with the sisters doing the series, so I don't know their writing style. MAYBE they'll be like Jolley, Tierri, Bunn or Brisson and write an actual good Sabretooth. Then again, they may be another Pak, Bendis, Austen.Loeb, or Rucka, and write the stupid, jobbing, incompetent one.

Far the last decade, the record has been in favorite of jobbing moronic Creed, so naturally, Creed fans have to be cautious when he's in anything, because usually he's a comedy villain.

I dont find it sexist. But if Land drawned the cover...

https://www.newsarama.com/43427-unca...vengers-artist

Ramirez is the third artist on UXM #11, probably to add more pages of Cyclops and Wolverine eating at Arby's and to further punish the fans by distracting him from drawing the destined Boom-Boom solo that we all need and would definitely buy.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Would Cyclops have recruited Boom Boom if she wasn’t sleeping through her X-Force assignments?

BANNED

https://www.newsarama.com/43427-unca...vengers-artist

Ramirez is the third artist on UXM #11, probably to add more pages of Cyclops and Wolverine eating at Arby's and to further punish the fans by distracting him from drawing the destined Boom-Boom solo that we all need and would definitely buy.
    He should be the main artist. I feel robbed for not having him or Coello on Uncanny instead of Larroca.