Page 706 of 1475 FirstFirst ... 2066066566967027037047057067077087097107167568061206 ... LastLast
Results 10,576 to 10,590 of 22115
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    Finally some respect for Claremont.

Larocca's art has really devolved bc I thought that was Greg Land at first

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Phoenix should only be a Jean thing, imo.

We had Emma Phoenixes and Cuckoo Phoenixes and Cyclops Phoenixes. To me, this is the same kind of junk. No worse.
    I agree...never liked the concept of the Phoenix 5.... I think only Jean and Rachel should be hosts....but if they want to stretch, only TK mutants..... Cyclops as a host was nonsense.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post

I... Phoenix Capt America just set us back 500 years
    My eyes! My eyes they burn!

Really after AvX both Captain American and Wolverine are going to be Phoenix hosts...no avatars! What total nonsense! How will Steve and Logan justify this. Only they can handle the force? Wolverine isn’t even a regular cast member. If Jean doesn’t appear in this arc and snatch the PF back from these fools...
    Last edited by otipep_90; 09-16-2020 at 02:32 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    I agree...never liked the concept of the Phoenix 5.... I think only Jean and Rachel should be hosts....but if they want to stretch, only TK mutants..... Cyclops as a host was nonsense.
    I really don't like the idea of Rachel either tbh, but yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by otipep_90 View Post
    If Jean doesn’t appear in this arc and snatch the PF back from these fools...
    I bet this is what people said about AvX at the time.

Why did the PF make T’Challa’s black crack?

Let the Avengers have the Phoenix, the X-books don't need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Is it the same colorist? Because I could not tell it wasn't Land for the longest time

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    That is not a teenage Storm lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    I mean, if just knowing of Jean Grey gives you the power to host the Phoenix, she met Namor once as a child and then became his team captain as an adult. Fought in a 2-on-many brawl with Thor. Thane has probably heard of Dark Phoenix Jean at least. It all makes sense they should have the Phoenix.

Cap helped out in X-Men Red. He's the obvious rightful heir.

Edit: Actually it should be Black Panther. He and Jean became friends in X-Men Red as well and he's close to Storm, who is friends with Jean.

Phoenix Cyclops to the rescue. There is no God Doom to stop him this time.
    Yes, of course having a psychic rapport with the Phoenix or being her daughter is exactly the same as the examples you are using.

Yeah, sorry K&P, I'm not exactly in favor of Phoenix Scott, but it's quite obvious how those are not the same thing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Yeah, sorry K&P, I'm not exactly in favor of Phoenix Scott, but it's quite obvious how those are not the same thing.
    Lol It's exactly the same thing. The author wants his character to be Phoenix so they are. Does it make sense that having marrying a Phoenix host makes you a Phoenix host? Of course not, but that same non-logic can be applied to anything else really. Anyone can be Phoenix, as established by Emma, Cyclops, etc. There is nothing wrong with this Avengers story as the Phoenix has been interpreted in Warsong, AvX, etc. It's the same take on the concept.

It's not just marriage, Scott and the Phoenix shared a unique psychic connection, just like Rachel and Phoenix.

The Phoenix by taking the form of Jean acquired human emotions and desires and those emotions and desires formed unique connections with Scott and Rachel.

I can understand that someone may not like that Rachel and Scott were the Phoenix but it is clear that they make more sense than other characters. It is as Scott says in Secret Wars # 1 when the egg is opened, the feeling they remember is love. Phoenix loved Scott and Rachel thanks to Jean.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    It's not just marriage, Scott and the Phoenix shared a unique psychic connection, just like Rachel and Phoenix.

The Phoenix by taking the form of Jean acquired human emotions and desires and those emotions and desires formed unique connections with Scott and Rachel.

I can understand that someone may not like that Rachel and Scott were the Phoenix but it is clear that they make more sense than other characters. It is as Scott says in Secret Wars # 1 when the egg is opened, the feeling they remember is love. Phoenix loved Scott and Rachel thanks to Jean.
    It also has a special connection with Namor, Thor's dad (and therefore Thor), Iron Fist, and anything else the author wants. The same way the "special connection" to Cyclops was formed.

There is no difference.

Let Black Panther get his "cosmic bringer of life and death" or whatever on.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post

I don't think this conversation is going to go anywhere.

That said, those Phoenix designs look terrible. I also wonder what the fallout will be. Probably nothing.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia