Page 854 of 1480 FirstFirst ... 3547548048448508518528538548558568578588649049541354 ... LastLast
Results 12,796 to 12,810 of 22196
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    If there is a trial against Wanda, it should be only about that zombie thing during Empyre.

If all crimes commited by mutants pre-Krakoa are forgiven, then it's only justice for all pre-Krakoa crimes against mutants to be forgiven too.
    I want you to just think about the Optics of telling an oppressed minority group is that the genocide alas committed against their people that resulted in their family and friends dying needs to be forgiven.

Like the only reason the villainess mutants were pardoned or because they share the x-gene and Xavier/Magneto/ Moira believe that all of mutantdom must be United in order to stave off another extinction level event

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    Honestly that's how I feel just keep her away from X books completely we don't need or miss her
    That would be rather difficult seeing how the current x-books regularly remind us of her presence as a pall hanging over everything

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cam18 View Post
    eh the less wanda in the X books the better as far as I'm concerned she can go back to avenging or irrelevancy for all I care....
    Yes, I find the obsession with the character in the books and the fandom annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I want you to just think about the Optics of telling an oppressed minority group is that the genocide alas committed against their people that resulted in their family and friends dying needs to be forgiven.

Like the only reason the villainess mutants were pardoned or because they share the x-gene and Xavier/Magneto/ Moira believe that all of mutantdom must be United in order to stave off another extinction level event
    I want to agree with you, but so many x-villain are equally guilty of genocide and/or mass murder. This logic does not hold up in the current status quo. What about Mr. Sinister's involvement in the holocaust? Prof. X and Moira do not seem to think much what Iceman or Kitty feel about him sitting at the Quiet Council. What about bringing intersectionality to the X-books now? You can be mutant and jewish. You can be mutant and Black, etc. etc. Magneto also seem to have forgotten that he is a Holocaust survivor and sitting next to Sinister now...This feels so wrong.

At least mutants can be brought back to life now but what about all those human death caused by disgusting mutants like Mystique, Apocalypse, Mr. Sinister, Selene, etc. etc.? What makes Scarlet Witch really worse than Selene or a Nazi like Mr. Sinister or Apocalypse?

I think the idea is super intriguing to have trial for her.
    Last edited by Exodus; 04-18-2021 at 01:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I want to agree with you, but so many x-villain are equally guilty of genocide and/or mass murder. This logic does not hold up in the current status quo. What about Mr. Sinister's involvement in the holocaust? Prof. X and Moira do not seem to think much what Iceman or Kitty feel about him sitting at the Quiet Council. What about bringing intersectionality to the X-books now? You can be mutant and jewish. You can be mutant and Black, etc. etc. Magneto also seem to have forgotten that he is a Holocaust survivor and sitting next to Sinister now...This feels so wrong.

At least mutants can be brought back to life now but what about all those human death caused by disgusting mutants like Mystique, Apocalypse, Mr. Sinister, Selene, etc. etc.? What makes Scarlet Witch really worse than Selene or Mr. Sinister?

I think the idea is super intriguing to have trial for her.
    omg this non sense about forgiving the Pretender has just got to stop. She pulled off the biggest crime vs mutants in the history of the MU. She took away their powers on a multi dimensional level. The very thing that made them who they are. Causing mass genocide and death as well.

It has been stated many times over the years that taking away a mutants powers by force is the most offensive thing you can do to a mutant. In many eyes even above dying. There is no reason at all why mutants should ever forgive her just because they choose to forgive other people / mutants. ( even though it was never stated that the normal mutants forgave any of those people. They just get a clean slate from the government of Krakoa. ex the Morlocks with Greycrow)
    Last edited by Outburstz; 04-18-2021 at 01:29 AM.

omg this non sense about forgiving the Pretender has just got to stop. She pulled off the biggest crime vs mutants in the history of the MU. She took away their powers on a multi dimensional level. The very thing that made them who they are. Causing mass genocide and death as well.

It has been stated many times over the years that taking away a mutants powers by force is the most offensive thing you can do to a mutant. In many eyes even above dying. There is no reason at all why mutants should ever forgive her just because they choose to forgive other people / mutants.
    A trial can also lead to a sentence for the Scarlet Witch...

But there is NO logical reason for me why Apocalypse or Mr. Sinister or Selene are forgiven. Sorry. They are absolutely disgusting monsters similarly to the Scarlet Witch. But at least the Scarlet Witch was manipulated and mentally unstable while she committed her crimes....The former three are just evil and also complicit in genocide.

And what about Jean Grey? She (or at least an absolute copy of herself) destroyed a planet.
    Last edited by Exodus; 04-18-2021 at 01:34 AM.

But there is NO logical reason for me why Apocalypse or Mr. Sinister or Selene are forgiven. Sorry. They are absolutely disgusting monsters similarly to the Scarlet Witch. But at least the Scarlet Witch was manipulated and mentally unstable while she committed her crimes....The former three are just evil and also complicit in genocide.

And what about Jean Grey? She (or at least an absolute copy of herself) destroyed a planet.
    I'm not going to derail this thread even more by wasting time talking about the Pretender anymore. I will just leave it at this. Krakoa has 0 obligation to forgive her for what she has done and if individual mutants don't want to forgive certain mutants for stuff they have done in the past that is their right.

Wolverine hasn't forgiven Omega Red, Morlocks with Greycrow, No name mutants with the Fennis Twins, etc. Krakoa is a place for all mutants to have a safe place to live in peace that they can be protected. No matter how much you want to dislike it or want it changed say it with me SHE IS NOT A MUTANT

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Um... I see Jean more as being possessed by a force and it was Jean that sacrificed herself to prevent more destruction when she came back to herself. It was even explained that Jeans humanity is what gave Phoenix humanity.

Its Selene who I really can't handle getting any forgiveness as she was straight up... gross. Bringing two teenage girls in gold chains to Shaw as "gifts" and sucking the life out of that guy that took in Rachel and last but not least all those blood rituals she had in Amaras world where she herself came from.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 04-18-2021 at 02:37 AM.

It has been stated many times over the years that taking away a mutants powers by force is the most offensive thing you can do to a mutant. In many eyes even above dying. There is no reason at all why mutants should ever forgive her just because they choose to forgive other people / mutants. ( even though it was never stated that the normal mutants forgave any of those people. They just get a clean slate from the government of Krakoa. ex the Morlocks with Greycrow)
    A clean state works both way. Innocent people were murdered, raped, cripled by mutants. Some of them will never have justice because Xavier declared a clean state. Well, that works both way. Otherwise, it's just supremacist nonsense.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Sinister worked along the H.E. and took away mutant powers across all planet, it was a 100% deal, Magneto crushed thousands of Airplanes when he unleashed his em pulse in Fatal Attractions, at any time in the air there are far more than a million human beings being carried by planes......... but all is forgiven....ok.
    Last edited by Daedra; 04-18-2021 at 03:33 AM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    A clean state works both way. Innocent people were murdered, raped, cripled by mutants. Some of them will never have justice because Xavier declared a clean state. Well, that works both way. Otherwise, it's just supremacist nonsense.
    Wrong the reason why they will not get their justice is because their governments agreed to the creation of Krakoa by accepting the drugs that Krakoa makes. That payment was not only for Krakoa to be recognized as a nation but also allowed it to govern its self how it sees fit. One such rule is that all mutants are born with Krakoa citizenship and all crimes before Krakoa creation are forgiven by the Krakoa state. ( again if an individual doesn't want to forgive someone that is their business)
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Sinister worked along the H.E. and took away mutant powers across all planet, it was a 100% deal, Magneto crushed thousands of Airplanes when he unleashed his em pulse in Fatal Attractions, at any time in the air there are far more than a million human beings being carried by planes......... but all is forgiven....ok.

So if they want to be mad at someone it is their own governments who took the payment. Now if a government wants to get bold and declare war on Krakoa because they hold such dangerous criminals they can try, but it won't be a good look because how most of those governments treats their own mutant population, while also over looking and even agreeing to very clear anti mutant laws, weapons and anti mutant groups over the many years.

Krakoa is a nation made to keep mutants safe it is not a super hero team.

Astonishing Member

Two things 1 sinister helped to run auschwitz, and magneto is seemingly ok with him being on the council

2. Wanda's break down is due to the avengers lying and manipulating her for years, only for quick sliver to take advantage of her mental state because the avengers were really gun ho on killing the mental ill women because its easer them therapy and acknowledging they made a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post

2. Wanda's break down is due to the avengers lying and manipulating her for years, only for quick sliver to take advantage of her mental state because the avengers were really gun ho on killing the mental ill women because its easer them therapy and acknowledging they made a mistake.
    In the original story, but in the retcon Wanda sought out Dr Doom to summon the Life Force despite knowing it was forbidden/dark magic and that drove her crazy.

Doom then said he was involved and they all looked at him skeptically considering he was living his nightmare in HoM being an errand boy.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

The reason mutants (and fans) can't let Wanda go is because she got scot-free and not only that, anyone that tried to have her punished was portrayed as the bad guy, while the X-men were punished, sent to jail, persecuted by the government, ostracized by other heroes, etc, for much less. Hard to see Cyclops, Emma, Magik and Colossus having to become fugitives and other heroes looking at them with contempt while Wanda is in a government sponsored team designed for mutant unity and the Avengers protect her.

The Shiar empire judged her several times, even judged Jean from the past. Rachel was tried and had her entire family killed. Even Death judged.

Wanda: nothing