Page 707 of 739 FirstFirst ... 207607657697703704705706707708709710711717 ... LastLast
Results 10,591 to 10,605 of 11074
  1. #10591
    Peter Scott SpiderClops's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    7,394

    Default

    Jason Aaron should be banned from writing Phoenix... and Wolverine... and Cyclops... and maybe Thor... and possibly Captain America, too.

  2. #10592
    Astonishing Member Omega Alpha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,881

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Jason Aaron should be banned from writing
    Fixed for ya. He was one of the most exciting writers in the end of the last decade and beginning of this one, but, like happens with so many comic writers (Bendis, Millar and Claremont are good examples) he let his flaws get the better of him.

  3. #10593
    Incredible Member Dipter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    560

    Default

    The avengers being cursed with those ugly costumes is karma if you ask me. I’m just sad that Logan is being dragged into this.
    Last edited by Dipter; 09-16-2020 at 08:52 PM.

  4. #10594

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    I don't think this conversation is going to go anywhere.

    That said, those Phoenix designs look terrible. I also wonder what the fallout will be. Probably nothing.
    Right now everything is plot induced stupidity around Phoenix Force. Emma, Cyke, Namor, Wolverine are not known omega mutants canonically. Jean and Rachel are.Thats it. People sure have some typical irrational way to say around with this stuff via psychic connection etc.
    Keep Your Society. Take It With You To The Grave.

  5. #10595
    Smart & Swift & Violent Kitty&Piotr<3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    1,176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Right now everything is plot induced stupidity around Phoenix Force. Emma, Cyke, Namor, Wolverine are not known omega mutants canonically. Jean and Rachel are.Thats it. People sure have some typical irrational way to say around with this stuff via psychic connection etc.
    Emma was said to be an "Omega-level telepath" by Matt Fraction.
    "Cyclops loves wilted roses because they remind him of dead redheads."
    -Gail

  6. #10596
    Beware! Daedra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    833

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Emma was said to be an "Omega-level telepath" by Matt Fraction.
    according to Hickman revised list that's not a case anymore
    "I'm looking forward to the court appearances without spray tan, hair dye and a professional comb-over."

  7. #10597
    Smart & Swift & Violent Kitty&Piotr<3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    1,176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    according to Hickman revised list that's not a case anymore
    True, but I kinda thought that post was referring to the past. Rachel isn't omega either by today's canon.
    "Cyclops loves wilted roses because they remind him of dead redheads."
    -Gail

  8. #10598
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    358

    Default

    The Phoenix never chose Emma, Cyke and Namor though...

    And Rachel is not omega either.

    I'm guessing this storyline will be a complete joke, just like any time he writes something.

  9. #10599
    Amazing Member otipep_90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    76

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Right now everything is plot induced stupidity around Phoenix Force. Emma, Cyke, Namor, Wolverine are not known omega mutants canonically. Jean and Rachel are.Thats it. People sure have some typical irrational way to say around with this stuff via psychic connection etc.
    Yes, I’ll a lot of people are glossing over the fact that being a true Phoenix Avatar is determined by genetics. It is not like the Black Vortex where anyone can become cosmically empowered.

  10. #10600
    Astonishing Member Spinster Sinister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,099

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Jason Aaron should be banned from writing Phoenix... and Wolverine... and Cyclops... and maybe Thor... and possibly Captain America, too.
    Jason Aaron was great on Thor IMO.

  11. #10601
    Smart & Swift & Violent Kitty&Piotr<3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    1,176

    Default

    The guy is a good writer. He just likes giving his favorite characters the Phoenix, just like Hickman does.

    This will probably be a fun story.
    "Cyclops loves wilted roses because they remind him of dead redheads."
    -Gail

  12. #10602
    Incredible Member DarkMagnus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Chile
    Posts
    707

    Default

    So this storyline will be like

    Marvel next Phoenix?

    Oh dear i do really hope is not the Panther, Wolverine or Thor

    Hope Black Widow for readheady or Jean cause. come on man.

    Jean: Phoenix period.

    Maybe a Redux of the Phoenix Five but more sexier can i tolerate.

  13. #10603
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    335

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    The guy is a good writer. He just likes giving his favorite characters the Phoenix, just like Hickman does.

    This will probably be a fun story.
    Hickman doesn't treat the Phoenix like a power up but rather like a Cosmic Being, the Abstract it is.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    True, but I kinda thought that post was referring to the past. Rachel isn't omega either by today's canon.
    Being an Omega Level telepath doesn't mean that you are an Omega Level Mutant though...

  14. #10604
    Ultimate Member Wiccan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    11,579

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePhoenix View Post
    Being an Omega Level telepath doesn't mean that you are an Omega Level Mutant though...
    That doesn't make any sense. I'm pretty sure there was a time where writers would just call everyone Omega Level and it was mostly telepaths, so fans and things like Marvel Wiki started rationalizing it as "Omega Level telepath is a different thing from Omega level mutant". Or maybe it's actually said in a book somewhere. But with the way things are currently written, there's only 14 Omega Level mutants and the only Omega telepaths are Jean and Quentin.

  15. #10605
    Smart & Swift & Violent Kitty&Piotr<3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    1,176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePhoenix View Post
    Hickman doesn't treat the Phoenix like a power up but rather like a Cosmic Being, the Abstract it is.
    This isn't true. He was part of AvX and he wrote Secret Wars.

    Being an Omega Level telepath doesn't mean that you are an Omega Level Mutant though...
    It had never been said in the comics that Omega Level Telepaths aren't omega level mutants.
    "Cyclops loves wilted roses because they remind him of dead redheads."
    -Gail

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •