Page 980 of 1490 FirstFirst ... 480880930970976977978979980981982983984990103010801480 ... LastLast
Results 14,686 to 14,700 of 22342
    Ultimate Member

Once again Betsy and Kwannon did NOT just switch bodies, the two bodies were melded together to the point where both bodies were supposed to be totally identical, so much so that none of the X-men's telepath's noticed when Revanche attacked and Logan didn't react as Revanche smelled exactly the same as Psylocke...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Once again Betsy and Kwannon did NOT just switch bodies, the two bodies were melded together to the point where both bodies were supposed to be totally identical, so much so that none of the X-men's telepath's noticed when Revanche attacked and Logan didn't react as Revanche smelled exactly the same as Psylocke...
    But didn't Kwannon show up still looking like a white british Betsy?... It was somewhat deeper than a body switch but I don't think they were identical.

Incredible Member Infernal-Ginger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    But that only when it was retconned much later when Revanche showes up by Fabien

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    I didn't necessarily know that for absolute sure, no.

Still, X-Womyn Supremacy!
    Meh, Bene Gesserit actually fears Paul becoming Kwasitz. Only Jessica and her daughter trust him. The film had this wrong.
    Moira isn't really too much connected to Storm or Jean either.

Ultimate Member

Different artists and writers have muddied the water around it over the years terribly, but it wasn't just a straight up body swap, otherwise any of the telepaths would have noticed that Revanche was there and stopped her from attacking Psylocke, and Logan would have smelled her as being different...as for Kwannon, technically she was basically dead and a non entity , it wasn't like Betsy and Kwannon were constantly fighting over the more Asian looking body for years...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by alanyoung909 View Post
    Aren't they the same artist though? I'm pretty sure that Adam Kubert drew both of those covers.
    Nah that's Nakayama
    Last edited by Vishop; 10-28-2021 at 09:48 PM.

To muddy things more on the Kwannon thing, it’s physically shown ON PANEL her being transformed.. so Fabian wasn’t doing his homework. Or the editors. So it’s a mess from the get go.
    Last edited by Thundershot; 10-29-2021 at 04:39 AM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

If I remember correctly, this issue took place in Psylocke's head as a sort of induced dream/nightmare to further condition and tie her to the Hand as Lady Mandarin.

So I always read it as more an allegorical representation of the many transformations she had undergone throughout her life to ultimately becoming Asian Kwannon/Betsy Psylocke under Spiral's spells. I never thought it actually meant that Mojo and Spiral pored "gloop" over her, waited ten minutes and voila...Asian Betsy. I don't think it was meant to be that literal.

In retrospect...Betsy's overall story was even worse than the Jean/Phoenix transformation, in comparison.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

This will burn some folks’ eyes, particularly those who just hate Rob Liefeld, but I actually think it’s some of his better work…

https://www.gamesradar.com/x-force-k...able-deadpool/

I also found this Joshua Cassara print of Wolverine online (a friend saw it on Instagram and sent to me). Not sure if it will be a XLoW/XDoW cover or just a print…

42A32270-221E-444A-A8AC-8EC7F44E3ADC.jpg

It’s pretty awesome IMO.

Sorry the image is a little blurry, but I had to save it and upload it versus link to it which makes the images a bit blurry. In higher resolution it’s quite stunning in its details.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I'll say this much...he really improved on his feet. They certainly look more feet-like.

That said...that third image of Wolverine launching in front of Cable...that composition while popular, is always so very suggestive.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 10-29-2021 at 09:10 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I also love that the Thing is there too. Liefeld seems to love drawing him and Wolverine and throwing them randomly into his mini-series and one-shots.

Incredible Member

I know the standard thing is to mock Liefeld's lack of feet, but what always stands out to me is the really awkward way his characters hold their weapons. The image above where Cable is... hopping sideways (?) in the air, the way his right hand is angled, the grip has to be awkwardly angled inward. And you should be able to see the tips of his fingers from his left hand under the... what is that thing, anyway? "I'm going to shoot you with this giant straw!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I also found this Joshua Cassara print of Wolverine online (a friend saw it on Instagram and sent to me). Not sure if it will be a XLoW/XDoW cover or just a print…

42A32270-221E-444A-A8AC-8EC7F44E3ADC.jpg

It’s pretty awesome IMO.

Sorry the image is a little blurry, but I had to save it and upload it versus link to it which makes the images a bit blurry. In higher resolution it’s quite stunning in its details.
    OutKast vibes
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Omega Level Member WhitePhoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    If I remember correctly, this issue took place in Psylocke's head as a sort of induced dream/nightmare to further condition and tie her to the Hand as Lady Mandarin.

So I always read it as more an allegorical representation of the many transformations she had undergone throughout her life to ultimately becoming Asian Kwannon/Betsy Psylocke under Spiral's spells. I never thought it actually meant that Mojo and Spiral pored "gloop" over her, waited ten minutes and voila...Asian Betsy. I don't think it was meant to be that literal.

In retrospect...Betsy's overall story was even worse than the Jean/Phoenix transformation, in comparison.
    It’s messy all around to put/change a Caucasian woman into an Asian woman/‘s body. Jim Lee should have really just created a new character, since he wanted a sexy Asian ninja female character.