Page 437 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 3373874274334344354364374384394404414474875379371437 ... LastLast
Results 6,541 to 6,555 of 22277
    Astonishing Member

Mesmero has definitely surpassed Unus and the Vanisher (Vanisher has even been a hero in a quite popular run, even if they had to blackmail him with a brain tumor)

I'm obvious pissed at that image.

Emma as a villain: 1981-1989, 2017-Present
    Emma as a hero: 1991-2016

Now my math isn't great, but the second year set is FIFTEEN YEARS LARGER.

Emma is depicted in that pic with her oldschool White Queen outfit aka from when she was a villain.

BANNED

Magneto and Callisto are on it too.

White Queen Emma makes sense. if she had her Astonishing or even Black King costume I would have been mad, but this just takes into account that the HF and the White Queen are still iconic X-Villains.

Black Tom is my hero.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Emma is depicted in that pic with her oldschool White Queen outfit aka from when she was a villain.
    So where are Gambit, Rogue, or any of the other villains turned hero?

It's the general implication that Emma's time as a hero was a brief two year distraction between her times raping people and exploding ponies.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Magneto and Callisto are on it too.
    Callisto fans should be ticked too honestly. Magneto swaps back and forth once every two years, so it's more reasonable for him. Fairly sure his villain time (more or less since the inception of the series) is more iconic.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Callisto fans should be ticked too honestly. Magneto swaps back and forth once every two years, so it's more reasonable for him. Fairly sure his villain time (more or less since the inception of the series) is more iconic.
    Emma's time was brief but iconic. Not saying she's not a hero, but she's been quite the villain during her time, at least visually.

EDIT: what I mean is, I wouldn't take away Emma's time as a villain from the character.

Incredible Member hedgehogvampire's Avatar

It's the general implication that Emma's time as a hero was a brief two year distraction between her times raping people and exploding ponies.
    Jean Grey is also on the cover too though. Also maybe Gambit and Rogue aren't on the cover because they weren't bad guys for that long.
    My pull list: Sonic the Hedgehog, TMNT, Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, Marauders, X-men, Excalibur

Rogue was barely an X-Men villain. And she had her redemption sooner than Emma as she was always meant to become a hero.

i mean rogue's greatest accomplishment as a villain was ruining an avenger's life so maybe to x-fans she was always a hero
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Actually Magneto hasn't been a villain since 2001 after Logan crippled him and Xorneto was retconed, barring that moment of insanity in Blue he has been helping the X-Men more often than not (hard to believe i know but is what it is)
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Emma's time was brief but iconic. Not saying she's not a hero, but she's been quite the villain during her time, at least visually.

EDIT: what I mean is, I wouldn't take away Emma's time as a villain from the character.
    She got that status by being the third string antagonist of one of, if not the most iconic X-Men series of all-time (PS/DPS), and then by being the main bad guy of Kitty's comic debut. During that whole time, she was (like most comic bad guys of the time) cartoonishly evil. Torturing people for giggles, exploding horses, releasing rapid dogs against kidnapping victims. She was one step away from snickering as Shaw tied helpless virgins to railroad tracks (which given the HFC's fondness for bondage may have happened at some point).

I take away Emma's time as a villain with the HFC because she was never less interesting. She was another cut and paste stupidly evil villain with no more motivation than "hurt people for giggles". She was just another pin from the X-Men bowling ball to knock over, fully interchangeable with Shaw, Leland, Pierce, or Selene.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Actually Magneto hasn't been a villain since 2001 after Logan crippled him and Xorneto was retconed, barring that moment of insanity in Blue he has been helping the X-Men more often than not (hard to believe i know but is what it is)
    Was that really 2001? Damn time flies.