Page 1 of 31 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Polaris: Queen of Mutants/Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2024

In the past year and a half Lorna has had her life turned upside down. She has lost her father and her oldest friend. She has witnessed another mutant genocide. Mutants stand on the brink of extinction once again.

To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:

2 A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;

3 A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;

4 A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;

5 A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;

6 A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;

7 A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;

8 A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8
    Lorna was last seen being comforted by Jean in the Tree House. She disappeared after the mutant massacre and must decide soon what season is it for her.

Previous threads:

Last edited by jmc247; 12-31-2023 at 09:40 PM.

I hope she gets an awesome showing in these next couple of weeks.

Lorna is a woman of variety and contrasts, and part of the appeal in watching where she goes with her future lies in considering where she began.

From a woman with no awareness of her mutant genetics and lineage, to a full awareness of her connection to each and their importance.

Lorna Dane, the woman who once flung Krakoa into space, showing up at the closing of Krakoa's time with Knowhere in tow. From flinging a great mass into space, to bringing a great mass from space right to Earth.

Parallels on parallels. And unlike past occasions, where good things for Lorna appeared to be all cover for future bad treatment, this is a case where I think her moment is genuinely well-intended and will bring great things for her with it that are not rapidly cast aside.

And as we ring in the new year for Lorna, I made a playlist of what I think this year holds for Lorna. Only time will tell how accurate or off the mark it turns out to be. Starting with this song.

Last edited by salarta; 12-31-2023 at 09:54 PM.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Happy New Year 2024 to Lorna Dane Polaris and all her fans!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

HNY to our Emerald Empress - Dr Polaris - Queen of Magnetism.

Queen of Mutants, Mistress of Magnetism, Pestilence of the Horsemen of Apocalypse, Doctor Lorna Dane of the House of M, Polaris of the X-Men, long may she thrive!

I adore a mouthful title.

Happy New Year, fam. Thanks for starting the new thread, JMC.
    Queen of Mutants, Mistress of Magnetism, Magnetrix and the MII, Pestilence of the Horsemen of Apocalypse, the Krakoan Oracle and creator of the Sanctus Sacrum Tournament Key, the Threshold Seed Shaper, Brood Queen of the Fall of the House of X, Lorna Sally Dane, Ph.D., of the House of M, Polaris of the X-Men

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Happy New Year you guys!

I think we have some great stuff in store for Lorna. Very excited to see what Polaris is up to in the coming weeks.

Happy New Year to the Mistress of Magnetism and her fans .

Happy New Year to Polaris and her fans! I hope we see a lot more of her in 2024!
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

She’s got two really cool new uniforms in 2024.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

read the Fall of House of X, Polaris fans will be eating good on this one

Polaris is glorious in Fall of the House of X 1.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Polaris is glorious in Fall of the House of X 1.
    Indeed she was.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I love her new outfit so much !

I hope she keeps it for a while

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I don't care for the new costume. Hate the yellow bits, the cape attachment is weird, the helmet is clunky and odd (is there a hole in the top for her hair? what is even going on there), and the bodysuit itself is plain with some random feeling color blocking. I also don't love the idea of Lorna wearing Magneto's hand me downs, but the costume on the Larraz cover is much better than the Werneck costume in today's issue, just lose the helmet.