Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    I give you the affair, but the rape of Storm (when this story was written that didn't even count as rape. Back then, rape was treated as a total joke. It still is 2 decades later) and teen Scott doesn't count for me because she was written badly by bad male writers who view women as saints or whores, nothing in between. That would be like me saying Jean is a pathetic weak character because so many writers have written her as weak. But I don't count the bad writing of Jean when I consider her value. If I did count the bad writing, I'd think Jean would be a pathetic character who is always fainting and needs a man to rescue her princess butt.

The rape of Storm has never even been followed up or mentioned. Not because Storm doesn't care but because the male writers didn't care nor did they see that as actual rape. A lot of bad stories never get any follow up cause writers realize AFTER what horrible writing that was.
    They can write between that space a lot. For me it was a upgrade of what she did with adult Scott, that she took her position of power to mislead him into affair. It's very clear that Emma pays dirty to get what she wants

let's also remember that Emma objective was end the marriage or at least cause a strain. She falling in love with Scott was a accident;

Writers referencing it or not, it still in continuity and readers can not like it. She also exchanged bodies with iceman and almost got him killed
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Far as things go, cheating is closer to home for most people than genocide. So a character who cheats on another is easier to hate because many have been in that situation or have loved ones who have been & that type of pain & betrayal is closer to register than things like genocide & serial killing.

Far as the affair, I have found both Scott & Emma get hate for it. Emma is just easier to hate more given her braggart & entitled attitude about it. lol MAYBE Scott does feel remorse. I doubt it, but easier for many to see him as being remorseful compared to Emma. So again, easier to hate someone who does lowdown stuff, feels entitled to having done it, and does not feel the least upset about it. I personally dislike them both for the affair. So I got no dog in the fight.

Triangles tend to do this. Everyone knows about Brad x Jennifer x Angelina. But an even worse one before them we WWE's Triple H x Chyna x Stephanie which started 5 years before the same way.

After Chyna's death, they tweeted condolences and they were ripped to shreds in the comments.
    https://twitter.com/StephMcMahon/sta...19592570929152
    https://twitter.com/TripleH/status/723129417367732225
    Like Emma, Stephanie has shown to be proud of the affair. She says she saw the man she wanted & took him, then said it was Chyna's fault for not being able to keep him. Later she says the situation was bad but she doesn't feel bad because of what she got out of it. Chyna's nightmare was her love story. So when former mistresses say that kind of stuff, it can pile hate on faster than ever. Again, like Scemma, I dislike them both for that -among other things. lol So I got no dog with choosing one side or the other. They both seem like bad people.

Any triangle is messy, especially when two of the parties started as an affair. But in all the ones I know of, both parties of the affair got fair share of hatred on all sides.
    Scott actually apologized to Jean, but it still felt flat.

I don't think Logan/Jean/Scott was messy at all. The reason is that Jean was never allowed to feel more than a phisical attraction for Logan. Now Scott and Emma went all the way in, that really messed up everything.

This Triple H and stephanie is so like Jean/scott/emma. Stephanie is the rich mean girl that destroy a marriage and is proud to do that. Even screw up Chyna on WWE
    Triple H cheated on Chyna and left her for Stephanie. Even if Jean wasn't killed Scott would Choose Emma.
    At least WWE fans seems to side with Chyna, because x-men fans just switched like nothing bad happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Supposedly she's one of his top 5 mutants, but the only 1 of that 5 he has done little to noting with. Also just my luck she was another char. I liked.

Why I am hardly ever here anymore because the X-books so far haven't given me a bone to enjoy.
    My guess? She is on x-corp or some of the books that are being produced but not announced
    Last edited by spirit2011; 02-13-2020 at 09:37 PM.