Page 1450 of 1489 FirstFirst ... 4509501350140014401446144714481449145014511452145314541460 ... LastLast
Results 21,736 to 21,750 of 22327

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    Magik was always going back to the black outfit because It's by far her most popular outfit and because her new one was just the Black... BUT MAKE IT YELLOW

It wasn't visually distinct enough from the previous outfit and just was considered an inferior variation.

Basically Don't give Jean the phoenix outfit in White and then be surprised that people go back to the classic green
    Um no it wasnt

Outside of maybe that head piece, I dont see it. Really, the actual costumes look nothing alike and must be trolling if you really think this is a color swap variant like the white and green Phoenix costumes

The golden soul armor was gaudy and I did not like the sword. It had an ugly hilt/cross guard and looked like Finn’s first sword in Adventure Time. I’m glad she’s back in black *cue the AC/DC song*
    Last edited by Dipter; 03-25-2024 at 10:55 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Um no it wasnt

Outside of maybe that head piece, I dont see it. Really, the actual costumes look nothing alike and must be trolling if you really think this is a color swap variant like the white and green Phoenix costumes
    head piece

crop top with boob window

giant belt at her midriff

armored left arm

change the colors and you'll be quite surprised.

Josh Cassara:
    https://twitter.com/joshuacassara/st...03282364457430

"Storm in the forecast for today."

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    head piece

crop top with boob window

giant belt at her midriff

armored left arm

change the colors and you'll be quite surprised.
    That does not mak it a color swap ala the Phoenix costumes. The boob window which is different here is the only element the costume really takes. The rest seem more inspired by her classic New Mutants look

Its more of a modernized take on this look than the Bachalo costume

The armor placements are exactly the same on her left arm and boob and right leg.
    The high collar
    Black/yellow color scheme
    Return of the gloves
    The left boot
    X Belt
    Slimmer soulsword
    The kneepads are ripped directly from the Krakoa NM design which this was meant to make her more in line with along with the angular shapes

Last edited by Havok83; 03-25-2024 at 01:48 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    The golden soul armor was gaudy and I did not like the sword. It had an ugly hilt/cross guard and looked like Finn’s first sword in Adventure Time. I’m glad she’s back in black *cue the AC/DC song*
    The nonsensical chipped blade doesn't help either.

It's certainly not a very inspired sword design, even by the standard of fantasy media, while not having the quality of feeling like a "classic" design (see the Oakshott typology for a handy reference) either.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

For Illyana, I think an easy forward update would have been just to put the golden armour over her all-black Bachalo suit (with long pants instead of booty shorts) rather than go right back to the Bachalo look entirely.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I think she'd look good in a one-piece spandex outfit with an X on the chest. Red and black suit everyone.

Something like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    I think she'd look good in a one-piece spandex outfit with an X on the chest. Red and black suit everyone.

Something like this.
    I want those hands attached and up to mid forearm like my Clay Mann commission

I actually liked her red graduation outfit from back in the day. It was the best of the lot. If there wasn't already another mutant sorceress wearing red I would say yes.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    For Illyana, I think an easy forward update would have been just to put the golden armour over her all-black Bachalo suit (with long pants instead of booty shorts) rather than go right back to the Bachalo look entirely.
    Thats actually not a terrible idea

I actually liked her red graduation outfit from back in the day. It was the best of the lot. If there wasn't already another mutant sorceress wearing red I would say yes.
    whom would that be? Are you talking about retcon Wanda?

I liked the "witch" vibe. I think since Bachalo she's way more "warrior" than withc and that's a bit sad.

Same. I wish we had gotten more Witch Magik instead of Teleporting Magik. Selene made a very good point at the QC meeting...The X-Men need to have/should always have a sorceress in house and in field.

I loved Claremont's Magik back in the day, but modern Magik just doesn't do it for me. When she reverted to innocent child in Inferno, that was a wrap for me. Lobdell's send off issue with her dying of the Legacy Virus was one of his best issues, and that firmly closed the door for me with that character. This revived version might at well not exist as far as I am concerned. And I despise the giant anime sword and booty shorts. The X-Men do need a mage on deck, but I would just get Storm to firmly claim her weather witch/high priestess/goddess aspect and take over that part too.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Extraordinary Member

The best costume for Magik remains the original white and black graduation costume with the hood and cloak.

The Bachalo costume was always a stupid design that never made any sense. Its biggest crime was how it changed her armor from an elegant silver design into black spikes for no reason, but it also made her sword a surfboard for no reason and eliminated any chance to use it like a sword or with any finesse, and it served no function other than blatant sex appeal. The only possible explanation for its existence in-universe is that Emma was the one who actually designed it and Illyana doesn't care enough about her appearance to say no, because there is no way Illyana would ever purposely design something so impractical.

The gold costume is a vast improvement for making her look more like a mage-knight instead of a stripper and for making the armor meal and ornate and elegant again like it's supposed to be instead of having random spikes for no reason. But more importantly, its existence is supposed to represent major character development for her, since it was the result of a literal magical girl transformation she underwent while overcoming an aspect of the trauma from her childhood. Going back to the black look is like Sailor Moon regressing to her original transformation and losing her super and eternal transformations for no reason.