Page 443 of 1454 FirstFirst ... 3433934334394404414424434444454464474534935439431443 ... LastLast
Results 6,631 to 6,645 of 21799
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Because CHARACTERS SHOULD BE WRITTEN CONSISTENTLY ACROSS WRITERS. Why is it so hard to comprehend that?

If a character has to be written OUT of character to make the plot work, the problem is not the character. Writers should not be just ignoring a character's established personality or behavior just because they want to do something with them that the character ordinarily wouldn't do.
    This is where the editors should come in. They should be riding herd over the writers to make sure they don't pull stuff like that.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    It does make you wonder why Xavier never just used Cerebro to reach into the minds of every bigot on Earth and changed them. He doesn't seem to mind playing God to the best of his ability in this story.
    At least with this, it seems that he may just playing by mutant rules. Maybe he views mutants and their “rebirths” and possible immortality as just part of the natural order of things according to evolution.

BANNED

It does make you wonder why Xavier never just used Cerebro to reach into the minds of every bigot on Earth and changed them. He doesn't seem to mind playing God to the best of his ability in this story.
    Just one of several reasons why making Xavier an unethical character is a dumb idea. The only reason the X-Men don't win forever is a belief in not forcing their ideals. If Xavier is a dick, it makes no sense that he hasn't just altered the minds of all the world leaders.

BANNED

If their minds can be altered for good, they can be altered for bad just as easily. And there's the problem of enforcing a way of thinking. One incident with a bad mutant and you have a cascading effect where things go back to zero. Or worse than that in case people find out what he did the first time.

Xavier was already playing God the moment he decided to turn five teenagers into child soldiers because his dream was worth fighting for, so it's not like it's anything new. It's just on a different scale.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Wonder why they’re using the X-Force suit.

Also, just a tad exploitative with the gratuitous ass shot.

It is new Fallen Angels cover or X-Men #3?

Incredible Member bladeofdarkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Wonder why they’re using the X-Force suit.

Also, just a tad exploitative with the gratuitous ass shot.
    Nonsense, All ass shots are essential.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    It is new Fallen Angels cover or X-Men #3?
    It's another xmen #1 variant

Spectacular Member

Didn't Emma Frost do this in the last Uncanny book? I didn't read it so I'm not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    It's another xmen #1 variant
    Oh, thanks.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I don't get the "exploitative" critique. It's just a pose taken from the back which is completely different from an "ass-shot". Her back isn't arched suggestively, her butt isn't emphasised "gratuitously"...her claws are out and she seems ready for "cutting a bitch"...if it seems sexualized in any way that's on the viewer.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I don't get the "exploitative" critique. It's just a pose taken from the back which is completely different from an "ass-shot". Her back isn't arched suggestively, her butt isn't emphasised "gratuitously"...her claws are out and she seems ready for "cutting a bitch"...if it seems sexualized in any way that's on the viewer.
    It's from an upward angle, that emphasizes the ass. It might not be deliberate, and just the way the artist has become accustomed to doing this kind of picture, but it's a few degrees off from not being an ass shot.
    Last edited by Nazrel; 09-15-2019 at 10:44 AM.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

gimme magneto booty, just cut a hole in the cape
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    JeeHyung Lee is a fantastic artist. I'm glad he's still getting work, even for variants from his older works, since he's no longer doing the art for Marvel Future Fight. I hope he gets some more X-Men work. I love how I'm seeing more and more international artists/Korean artists on American comics.