Page 1469 of 1490 FirstFirst ... 4699691369141914591465146614671468146914701471147214731479 ... LastLast
Results 22,021 to 22,035 of 22341

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I wish Clayton could do art for an entire arc again. He and X-Force are a match made in heaven
    Oh yeah, me too !
    I don't know if they stated a colorist, but Dean White should be X-force's PERMANENT colorist.

Quote Originally Posted by GoingGreen View Post
    I do think if you replaced Quire and Beast with someone, anyone, better... I might like the team more? Beast's story leading up to this has just been so exhausting and convoluted and contrived... and I'm really over Quire.

But the more I think about it... I could see this team cut in half. Make this two titles. Magneto leading those seeking redemption, Cyclops with the others. So, Magneto, Juggernaut, Oya, Beast, and maybe Quire from this lineup, plus a smattering of others who are feeling the guilt, like ShadowKate.

Cyclops, Psylocke, and Magik with a bunch of space to fill in another title.
    Beast is going to need EXTENSIVE exposure to rehabilitate his image, and I'm not even sure it can be done. This isn't even the real Beast, just that clone with his memories up to the Defenders. I've already heard complaints of Beast being in this book. I was happy at first with this announcement, but now I feel I should quit comics again.
    placeholder signature until I can think of something.

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    Beast is going to need EXTENSIVE exposure to rehabilitate his image, and I'm not even sure it can be done. This isn't even the real Beast, just that clone with his memories up to the Defenders. I've already heard complaints of Beast being in this book. I was happy at first with this announcement, but now I feel I should quit comics again.
    Fortunately good old beast has a rather iconic personality and since we are used to that it should be rather easy for both him and us readers to slip right back into the groove. Just having him talking like his usual self, hanging out with friends and doing good will do wonders with him. Hank is one of those characters that never was broken in the first place. It’s just marvel, that for some reason, wanted to try new things with him.
    Last edited by Malachi; 04-15-2024 at 11:45 AM.

Rachel's costume looks cool and fits her. Not really sold on any of the others.
    They look kind of generic. Especially Betsy's.

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    There are always gonna be haters dude. There are still people that complain when Emma shows up in a comic even though she's been portrayed heroically since the 90s. Or the one person who brings up Bishop's horrible character assassination from the 2000s. There's gonna be a minority of fans that are wary of the character because of his negative portrayals, but your enjoyment doesn't have be based on what faceless strangers on the internet think. Percy's Beast is gone and Hank has a spot on the FIRST relaunch title under a writer who seems to like him. These are all good things. Between '97, McKay's stuff, and Grammer's Beast showing up in the MCU, I think we're in for a Beast renaissance.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    There are always gonna be haters dude. There are still people that complain when Emma shows up in a comic even though she's been portrayed heroically since the 90s. Or the one person who brings up Bishop's horrible character assassination from the 2000s. There's gonna be a minority of fans that are wary of the character because of his negative portrayals, but your enjoyment doesn't have be based on what faceless strangers on the internet think. Percy's Beast is gone and Hank has a spot on the FIRST relaunch title under a writer who seems to like him. These are all good things. Between '97, McKay's stuff, and Grammer's Beast showing up in the MCU, I think we're in for a Beast renaissance.
    Yeah, best you can do is treat Evil! Hank as a bad dream and see if the comics have managed to finally wake up. Hank isn't my absolute favorite, but Quippy, Brainy Hank was always a character I enjoyed seeing on a team, and I hope he's back too. He played better off Scott when Cyke was his straight man than when Cyke was his straw man.

I still love the banter at Scott's wedding.

"Oh, no! Have the X-Men been defeated? A foe more powerful than Magneto! More devious than Mister Sinister! More relentless than...."

"Just shut up and tie the tie, Hank!"
    Dark does not mean deep.

This quote is interesting from that Marvel.com article...

The title will frequently feature A-List guest stars that Forge recruits for specific missions, starting with regenerating degenerate, Deadpool! See him steal the spotlight in an outstanding piece by best-selling cover artist David Nakayama.
    I already asked the writer (in the X-Force thread) whether or not Cable might show up to interact with his sister, Rachel. Not that Cable is A-list, but I asked. He responded that there are no plans for Cable in the book at this time. Buuut... I'd be willing to bet that Wolverine will show up after Deadpool at some point, going by the above quote.

Seems smart as that will probably help with sales considering the cast.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

I can definitely see them throwing in Cable and Wolverine.

And when they do I'll definitely be buying those issues. My guess is Logan might appear in XF first, since the writer said no plans for Cable for the foreseeable future in this book...

... which makes me wonder what the Askani'son will be up to when the new era starts? If he's not in X-Factor, it's probably off to the sidelines for a bit... maybe he's just going to chill in the future for awhile or something.

People also have to remember that for spoiler reasons, writers cant always reveal who will pop up when fans casually ask them these things

Nice to have better looks at the X-force new costumes. Rachel and Sage's are the best in my opinion (nice to see that Sage has ditched the yellow jacket she stole from Jubilee's closet lmao). My least favourite is Betsy's, I found it kinda weak compared to her last look as Captain Britain and the rest of the team's costumes.

I’ve just realized that one of X-force’s covers is by Tony Daniel. I don’t think he’s been doing much work for Marvel these days.
    Maybe his involvement hints that he’s joining the X-line? Wolverine’s solo?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    People also have to remember that for spoiler reasons, writers cant always reveal who will pop up when fans casually ask them these things
    True, but he could've just said "I can't reveal spoilers" and instead he said, "Sorry, no plans for Cable anytime soon." Or something like that. Seemed pretty definitive and not like he was being evasive at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Kingdom X has got it. I've got favorite characters who still get hate over single, out-of-context pages from before some of the folks complaining were even born. You can't let the opinions of folks who are determined to hold a grudge against ink and paper ruin your fun.