Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Rachel Summers / Askani / Bright Lady 2024 Appreciation

Happy New Year to Rachel and her fans !

Hoping 2024 will be Awesome for The StarChild

"Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Happy New Year 2024 to Rachel and her fans.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I can't wait to see Rachel again in Dead X-Men!

Rachel is one of my all time faves! Here's to her and her fans getting a tremendous 2024!
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

New podcast episode with Steve Foxe as a guest dropped and he offered some good nuggets about Rachel.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    Thankfully, he just did a podcast interview.
    https://www.comicbookyeti.com/podcas...lks-dead-x-men

Steve Foxe about Dead X-Men: As you’ll see in Rise of Powers of X, Xavier actually recruits a small team himself and that includes Rachel Summers and Rachel’s in charge of this aspect of the mission. So, it’s Rachel who decides these five mutants are the ones who should be doing. So, she’s kind of the sixth dead X-Men even though there’s no dying involved at her path.

This [Dead X-Men] is pretty tightly interwoven with Rise of the Powers of X to the point where you will see exact scenes reflected in both, working so closely with Kieran throughout this has been really amazing. He’s a creator I look up to so much. So, it’s been very surreal these last couple months to be working so closely with him to determine how this is going to fit into Rise of the Powers of X. And he’s been so generous in reflecting plotlines and building things back and forth. I mean, even Rachel’s role in his book ended up changing when I had strong feelings about how I wanted to deploy her here. And as much as every other time I say, you don’t have to read the larger event, you can just read this. You should probably be reading both. These are some big concepts. What I can promise is that you’re going to get very character-focused work in Dead X Man. It’s really about celebrating these five and Rachel. Rachel to a lesser extent because she didn’t get squished by Nimrod. It’s about celebrating these five. It’s about celebrating the Krakoan era and looking back on it.
    I love that he revealed that Rachel is part of a group recruited by Xavier and that SHE decides the "Dead X-Men" should be the ones to handle the mission. I also like that Rachel's role in Rise of the Powers of X ended up changing due to Steve's strong feelings about how he wanted to deploy her.

I have a feeling that panel of Xavier in Fall of the House of X where it appears he has fire around him is related to Rachel somehow. Can't wait for next week's Rise!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Rachel "distracting" Psylocke quite effectively

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    New podcast episode with Steve Foxe as a guest dropped and he offered some good nuggets about Rachel.

I love that he revealed that Rachel is part of a group recruited by Xavier and that SHE decides the "Dead X-Men" should be the ones to handle the mission. I also like that Rachel's role in Rise of the Powers of X ended up changing due to Steve's strong feelings about how he wanted to deploy her.

I have a feeling that panel of Xavier in Fall of the House of X where it appears he has fire around him is related to Rachel somehow. Can't wait for next week's Rise!
    This is HUGE news. Like I had a feeling that Rachel might have a role in Rise, but this is epic. Honestly, this will be the first time in like 20 years that Rachel has an actual real role in an X-Event since Battle of the Atom. Yes, BotA.
    - Did not appear in House of M.
    - Appeared in Deadly Genesis as a captured hero and at the very end revealed Darwin
    - Did not appear in Messiah Complex, Messiah War, Second Coming
    - Appeared in War of Kings as a background character with a limited role of crying
    - Appeared in Age of X as Revenant, which was primarily 'Jean Grey' until the list issue where she says she's not in the right body and revealed post event it was her.
    - appeared in Schism but only a panel
    - Appeared in AvX in a limited fashion because they didn't like that her character exposed how the Phoenix wasn't always destructive
    - Had a SLIGHTLY elevated role in Battle of the Atom where she took her parents on the run, trained Jean(first time they interacted on panel) and battled Xavier Jr
    - Appeared briefly as a hound in AXIS
    - No role in Death of X or IvX
    - Even though she was billed as a major player in Extermination, she appeared mainly as a hound and a reminder no one cares when she's captured
    - Did not appear in Disassembled or Age of X-Man
    - Did not appear in House of X or Powers of X
    - Appeared briefly in X of Swords in the Healing Gardens
    - Did not appear in Inferno
    - Did not really appear in Judgement Day
    - Did not appear in Fall of X

Truly hope to see Rachel get a bigger role in these things happening and not a negative one.

Ultimately want to see her and Kitty reunited. Since her resurrection, Kitty's only seen Rachel for a few seconds.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    Truly hope to see Rachel get a bigger role in these things happening and not a negative one.

Ultimately want to see her and Kitty reunited. Since her resurrection, Kitty's only seen Rachel for a few seconds.
    I don't think it will be negative. The way Foxe has been taking, it sounds like he pushed Duggan to reconsider Rachel's role in Rise and he subsequently gave her more. Which is huge. I think the thing that concerns me most is what happens next after this Krakoan Era ends. Will they pick up on her current trajectory? Will she go back to being written as the punching bag she was up until Hickman took over?

As for Kitty, I would love to see them back as bestie, but no romance. That ship has sailed for me, with Gold and then Extermination being the final nails in the coffin.

At last!! The next update of the Marvel Future Fight game brings a new skin for Rachel, one of her uniforms that I like the most. You will have to reinstall it and play...

Screenshot_20240111_081422_X.jpg Screenshot_20240111_081414_X.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by askani_son View Post
    At last!! The next update of the Marvel Future Fight game brings a new skin for Rachel, one of her uniforms that I like the most. You will have to reinstall it and play...

Screenshot_20240111_081422_X.jpg Screenshot_20240111_081414_X.jpg