Page 1 of 61 123451151 ... LastLast

Default Mr. & Mrs. X: The Gambit and Rogue Appreciation 2024

Welcome to the Rogue and Gambit Appreciation Thread for 2024!

If you're a fan of BOTH of these characters, you've landed in the right place! Join us here to show your love for them, both as individuals and as a pairing, and to discuss this popular X-Couple.

Please respect that this is an APPRECIATION thread and follow the site rules.

In this thread we love both Gambit and Rogue - faults, flaws and all! And we enjoy and want them as a couple together. Character attacks on either of them or on the pairing are not welcome here and will be reported.

Recent History:
    Rogue (Anna Marie) and Gambit (Remy LeBeau) married in X-Men: Gold #30 in 2018 when Gambit proposed to Rogue on-the-spot at the reception of Kitty and Colossus's failed wedding, effectively stealing a wedding in a surprise twist that made actual news headlines. This came on the heels of their highly praised miniseries Rogue and Gambit (vol. 1, 2018), where the couple reunited after several years apart. Their adventures as a married couple were then explored in the exceptional series that followed, Mr. and Mrs. X in 2018-2019.

During the Krakoan era, Gambit and Rogue spent a few years on the Excalibur team book. Rogue eventually moved to the relaunched X-Men title team in 2021-2022 for a year stint with a few bigger moments while Gambit remained on the relaunched Excalibur mini, Knights of X. They both had an integral role and great appearances in the Revenge of the Brood arc of Captain Marvel (#43-49). There were also some retrospective adventures with X-Treme X-Men vol 2 and a Gambit solo, both by Claremont. A new Rogue and Gambit mini (vol 2) debuted in 2023, sadly to mixed reception. However the Love Unlimited: Rogue and Gambit run #61-66 (2023) web comic was a much needed hidden gem you shouldn't miss. As we wound this era down in the Fall of X, Gambit had a great showing in Dark X-Men (2023) and Rogue had some excellent cameos. Meanwhile, Rogue reprised her role on the reformed Uncanny Avengers team book (2023) and had at least one big hero moment.

As we start 2024, our couple find themselves back on the same team in Fall of the House of X. They're also set to appear in the X-Men'97 prequel comic in March 2024. And who knows where they will emerge in the next X-Men era, From the Ashes, in July 2024?

Join us here to discuss as it all unfolds!

EFq4k9cU4AAN-OT.jpg
    Last edited by AppleJ; 02-29-2024 at 07:27 PM.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Happy New Year! Hoping for some big things for our favorite couple this year!

Make Good Art

Happy New Year Romy fans!!

680629e635fd567d7fac55cdbecfd97a.jpg

Happy New Year Romy fans !

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

It would be great of they end up on the same team this year an co-lead it. Would that not be marvelous?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Spectacular Member CamilleMoineau's Avatar

Bonne année y'all. I am cautiously optimistic for this year.
    Let's hope there's some good Romy moments in X-Men '97 and that our man keeps his third-person nonsense to a minimum--I'd like it to be at zero but we all know that won't happen.
    “Sometimes I feel like you’re the only one who gets me, 1400-pound block of cheese.”—Gareth Reynolds

Hoping 2024 will be Awesome for Mr. & Mrs. X

"Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    It would be great of they end up on the same team this year an co-lead it. Would that not be marvelous?
    That would be amazing! I think their dynamic as co-leaders would be a lot of fun
    Make Good Art

Here's to a better year for Mr. and Mrs. X! I didn't like seeing them fighty. Hopefully they'll get along better in 2024.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

As a fun New Year's exercise, what would you most like to see happen this year for Rogue and Gambit?

My wish list is for them to be on the same book or overlapping titles with a writer that gets them and each leading a team, ideally with a young character or characters to mentor. I'd also like to see a family miniseries with them, Mystique, Destiny and Kurt to really dredge into those relationships better and maybe explore Rogue and Gambit's pasts and biological parents more in depth.

For X-Men'97 I just want to see them actually get together officially instead of being an unspoken thing.

Mighty Member

I think i'd like them in space. I miss those old comic space suits. I'd like to see them fight some more cosmic threats kinda like the Brood but more Remy and Rogue focused. And, of course, with no strapping an alien to a space kitchen stove in order to run away.

I'm also kinda hoping to see Lila Cheney get in the mix with them. I really loved that bit in Gambit and Ro #4 where it showed Lila and Remy's friendship. I think it would be a perfect way to show a positive trust of Rogue and Remy. We don't always see it. But with how flirty Lila was I really feel like that could be something that adds some flavor to their relationship. Maybe having Lila stay with them a bit. And it just shows that Rogue trusts Remy and Remy is worthy of trust that it's just a friendship between them.
    Last edited by Gripstir; 01-02-2024 at 10:39 PM.

I would love to see Romy lead a group of mutants who have done questionable things or have trouble controlling their powers. And people who are not used to working in teams.

Something like this:

Rogue
    Gambit
    Greycrow
    Manifold
    Cecilia Reyes
    Nature Girl
    Faint/Gimmik
    Chamber

For X-men 97, I'd like to see the 90's tan "I reject you because I like you," disappear.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilargi View Post
    I would love to see Romy lead a group of mutants who have done questionable things or have trouble controlling their powers. And people who are not used to working in teams.

Something like this:

Rogue
    Gambit
    Greycrow
    Manifold
    Cecilia Reyes
    Nature Girl
    Faint/Gimmik
    Chamber

For X-men 97, I'd like to see the 90's tan "I reject you because I like you," disappear.
    Dang, I love this idea for a team.

If we are doing teams, I want to play too, but I need to think of one.

As far as what I want to see this year, I know it won't happen but I'm forever crossing my fingers for a Darkholme Family book featuring Rogue, Gambit, Destiny, Mystique, Nightcrawler, and whoever else.

I think more than anything, though, I would just like to see them have some peace. During the Krakoa era, we've seen Rogue say she doesn't want kids (something that sounded like a future plot point but was just dropped), Remy be mopey that Rogue wasn't on the Excalibur team anymore. Then he died and was brought back. Then we had the crappy miniseries where there was a bunch of manufactured relationship drama. And recently we had the whole "What do you see in Gambit?" comment from Dugganpool. It would be nice to see them actually be happily married and have the conflict be from supervillains or something normal for once.
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Ilargi View Post

Something like this:

Rogue
    Gambit
    Greycrow
    Manifold
    Cecilia Reyes
    Nature Girl
    Faint/Gimmik
    Chamber
    Damn. I'd buy that book!
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Dang, I love this idea for a team.

If we are doing teams, I want to play too, but I need to think of one.

As far as what I want to see this year, I know it won't happen but I'm forever crossing my fingers for a Darkholme Family book featuring Rogue, Gambit, Destiny, Mystique, Nightcrawler, and whoever else.

I think more than anything, though, I would just like to see them have some peace. During the Krakoa era, we've seen Rogue say she doesn't want kids (something that sounded like a future plot point but was just dropped), Remy be mopey that Rogue wasn't on the Excalibur team anymore. Then he died and was brought back. Then we had the crappy miniseries where there was a bunch of manufactured relationship drama. And recently we had the whole "What do you see in Gambit?" comment from Dugganpool. It would be nice to see them actually be happily married and have the conflict be from supervillains or something normal for once.
    I asked KT about potential kids and she made her views pretty clear on the subject: No. So It seems kids never were a plot point.