Page 959 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 459859909949955956957958959960961962963969100910591459 ... LastLast
Results 14,371 to 14,385 of 22277
    Astonishing Member

https://ew.com/books/x-lives-of-wolv...rcy-interview/

Confirmation most of the xline is ending for more logan spotlight

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post

And written by Percy, ugh...

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post

Deserved spotlight. Wolverine is the X-Men's only superstar and it's about time he's gotten and a major storyline where he's the main focus, though I'm sure they'll find some way to shoehorn the Summers and Grey clan into it somehow. Funny how nobody every complains about them dominating the X-narrative.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    Deserved spotlight. Wolverine is the X-Men's only superstar and it's about time he's gotten and a major storyline where he's the main focus, though I'm sure they'll find some way to shoehorn the Summers and Grey clan into it somehow. Funny how nobody every complains about them dominating the X-narrative.
    Uh...you might have missed the part where he has a solo, and more often than not, more than one, as well as minis dedicated to him, as well as spotlight in the team books he appears (often, more than one), such as in X-force.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Uh...you might have missed the part where he has a solo, and more often than not, more than one, as well as minis dedicated to him, as well as spotlight in the team books he appears (often, more than one), such as in X-force.
    Other X-Men were given solos and they failed. Marvel gave Wolverine a solo and it was a success. That success gave birth minis sure, but those were isolated Wolverine stories. Within the X-books, he's never had an event where he was solely the main player.

I have a feeling, since this tees up the post-Inferno landscape, that this will be a Wolverine centric event much like HoX/PoX was a Moira centric event. Technically true, but it will feature a lot of other mutants besides just him. Just throwing that out there.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I'm hoping it's just a Wolverine story so I can skip it entirely. I do not enjoy Percy's writing.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    I hope it's a story about Sabretooth just straight up wrecking havoc on Krakoa. Meaning killing off those mutants keeping resurrection protocols active, killing off Daken and the rest of Wolverine's family, killing off a hope bunch of fodder mutants who don't matter, and if Mystique is responsible for his escape... kill her off too just because it's something he would do. Before all that tho, he should be the one to expose Xavier and Magneto about keeping Moira prisoner.
    I'm very glad you're not writing X-Men comics lol

Extraordinary Member

I'm not following Wolverine's solo, but has there been any sort of build-up that suggests he should be the focus of an event? Apocalypse had this build-up about his past and family before X of Swords, Mystique has had this for Inferno, but has Wolverine? He's had plenty of appearances, between his solo, the Black, White and Death mini, X-Force, multiple appearances in Cable and Savage Avengers, and plenty of others, but what story relevance does he have to Krakoa right now that makes him the one who should get an event focused on him? Is this a story that really needs to be told or is the only reason because of his popularity?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    I'm not following Wolverine's solo, but has there been any sort of build-up that suggests he should be the focus of an event? Apocalypse had this build-up about his past and family before X of Swords, Mystique has had this for Inferno, but has Wolverine? He's had plenty of appearances, between his solo, the Black, White and Death mini, X-Force, multiple appearances in Cable and Savage Avengers, and plenty of others, but what story relevance does he have to Krakoa right now that makes him the one who should get an event focused on him? Is this a story that really needs to be told or is the only reason because of his popularity?
    Considering this is supposed to set up the new status quo after Inferno I'm assuming something gets revealed about Wolverine in that event.

Let's not forget HoX/PoX didn't have any build up narratively before it launched.

It sounds like Ben Percy had this mega Wolverine story he wanted to tell from the very beginning, and with the fallout of Inferno the X-writers and editors felt that it could be best used to bridge the gap to the next phase. My guess is that required a bit of a change to make it essentially a story that continues HoX/PoX and moves everything into this next phase but told through Logan’s unique viewpoint, as someone who has been distrustful of Krakoa from the beginning, and Percy pretty much confirms that Hickman helped him to do that in this quote from the EW interview…

Hickman is a respectful leader who wants everyone in the X office to bring their unique visions and voices to life. In the case of The X Lives of Wolverine/The X Deaths of Wolverine, he was especially helpful in broadening the scope of my initial idea and recognizing ways for it to act as a kind of continuation of House of X/Powers of X.

Mighty Member

Oh No. For two months, I won't have ten X-books to purchase?! *runs away in tears*

I say this as someone who knows Wolverine is beyond overused.

Still not a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    Oh No. For two months, I won't have ten X-books to purchase?! *runs away in tears*

I say this as someone who knows Wolverine is beyond overused.

Still not a big deal.
    Agreed. I love Wolverine so I’ll be buying the X Lives/Deaths of Wolverine series and the OML Wastelanders one-shot. In that sense, as a fan of his, i don’t see him as overused rather used appropriately as an A-lister no different than Spider-man or Batman. But I am bummed that I’ll have to wait longer for more Cable and Storm in SWORD, or whatever comes after SWORD for Ewing and those characters. Having said that, having to wait a month or two is no big deal. *shrugs*

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Agreed. I love Wolverine so I’ll be buying the X Lives/Deaths of Wolverine series and the OML Wastelanders one-shot. In that sense, as a fan of his, i don’t see him as overused rather used appropriately as an A-lister no different than Spider-man or Batman. But I am bummed that I’ll have to wait longer for more Cable and Storm in SWORD, or whatever comes after SWORD for Ewing and those characters. Having said that, having to wait a month or two is no big deal. *shrugs*
    I see him as the top A-lister who is overused! But I also acknowledge putting a "Wolverine" on a book bumps up sales even if there's no reason for a "Wolverine" to be on that book. So an industry that is struggling trying to bump up sales doesn't bother me. And most people here will complain that is financially a struggle to have to buy multiple books a week. And that when there is multiple books, most are badly written.
    Last edited by RamaBird; 09-16-2021 at 01:16 PM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    I'm hoping it's just a Wolverine story so I can skip it entirely. I do not enjoy Percy's writing.
    This is the main reason why I'm avoiding it.
    The 2nd reason is it's Wolverine centric...I like the canucklehead but not to the point where I feel inclined to read his books. Regardless of how important they may or may not be to the X-Men story going forward.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!