Page 960 of 1453 FirstFirst ... 46086091095095695795895996096196296396497010101060 ... LastLast
Results 14,386 to 14,400 of 21794
    Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

For the record, I'd have no problem with a Wolverine-centric event (if we must have them) written by someone like Duggan or Ewing. But the combination of cancellation of most of the line and Percy really kills my enthusiasm.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Uh...you might have missed the part where he has a solo, and more often than not, more than one, as well as minis dedicated to him, as well as spotlight in the team books he appears (often, more than one), such as in X-force.
    I think it's a troll, and not a particularly subtle one at that.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Uh...you might have missed the part where he has a solo, and more often than not, more than one, as well as minis dedicated to him, as well as spotlight in the team books he appears (often, more than one), such as in X-force.
    Plus Laura, Daken and Scout are in other books, so there is always some Wolverine around.

Honestly, at this stage I’m most excited by the rumor of a second X-men title by Ewing replacing SWORD. But I enjoy Percy’s Wolverine (better than his X-Force) and really like Cassara’s art, so I’m not too bummed by getting X Lives/Deaths of Wolverine as a substitute in January. I just hope it’s only for one month and we don’t end up waiting until March for the rest of the X-books to come back.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Honestly, at this stage I’m most excited by the rumor of a second X-men title by Ewing replacing SWORD. But I enjoy Percy’s Wolverine (better than his X-Force) and really like Cassara’s art, so I’m not too bummed by getting X Lives/Deaths of Wolverine as a substitute in January. I just hope it’s only for one month and we don’t end up waiting until March for the rest of the X-books to come back.
    Man can you imagine if it was Ewing being the one to set up the new status quo I enjoy Percy but Ewings is the type of big idea guy that the franchise needs his SWORD feels like a leauge of it's own.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Man can you imagine if it was Ewing being the one to set up the new status quo I enjoy Percy but Ewings is the type of big idea guy that the franchise needs his SWORD feels like a leauge of it's own.
    I would be doing backflips! As it stands I’ll give Percy a chance though. I’ve liked some of his work, but unfortunately it’s mainly been his solo Logan stuff and not his team book work.

I would be doing backflips! As it stands I’ll give Percy a chance though. I’ve liked some of his work, but unfortunately it’s mainly been his solo Logan stuff and not his team book work.
    Yeah, remember that one issue of Wolverine where he went to the supervillain auction to rescue Maverick and it was a million times more “Mutant CIA” than anything that’s ever happened in the pages of X-Force.

Cable did mutant CIA under Spurrier’s pen far better than Percy has executed the concept in his X-Force. I’ve always wanted to see that run done again with more consistent art, because a lot of it was brilliant IMO.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Agreed I definitely would like a team up between Duggan and Ewing to bring in the next phase
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Agreed I definitely would like a team up between Duggan and Ewing to bring in the next phase
    I think Ewing is better at concepts though. Duggan can be great with the right team (Uncanny Avengers and XMEN) but I don't like his concepts (Marauders).

I see Ewing as closest to Hickman in terms of overall continuity.

I think you are right, Ewing brings high concepts, characterization, continuity and worldbuilding but Duggan impressed me with Planet Size and I love his characterization on Uncanny Avengers, he makes the characters come alive on the page, the only thing I have disliked from him is marauders because of his hyper focus on Emma and Kitty but when he does manage groups and gives each one of them their time, he can be great.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I think you are right, Ewing brings high concepts, characterization, continuity and worldbuilding but Duggan impressed me with Planet Size and I love his characterization on Uncanny Avengers, he makes the characters come alive on the page, the only thing I have disliked from him is marauders because of his hyper focus on Emma and Kitty but when he does manage groups and gives each one of them their time, he can be great.
    Yeah, I only read X-books, and Uncanny Avengers was first time I was reading an Avengers title, lol. I dislike his work in Marauders. I love Emma and I'd still make her the main character cause she's fascinating, but not using Iceman and Bishop is super questionable to me. Now that he's with X-Men, I'm liking it, and getting the same pleasant vibe I got reading Uncanny Avengers.

Astonishing Member

Cable did mutant CIA under Spurrier’s pen far better than Percy has executed the concept in his X-Force. I’ve always wanted to see that run done again with more consistent art, because a lot of it was brilliant IMO.
    Ah yes Spurrier's X-force had the premise of being mutantkinds "dirty tricks department", pro-actively hunting down organizations or individuals who might try to use or blame mutants for acts of terrorism, or downright weaponize them.

Something the current X-force seems highly imcompetent at (in part because of it's leadership and bad team composition...)

Though in story this was mostly focused towards hunting down the illegal arms dealer Volga, who had forced a dimension hopping mutant to bring him the necessary technology to produce "mail order" super soldiers (flesh printer, unstable super power serum, etc.).
    That being said, the guy would feel right at home in the current era too and would arguably be much more interesting enemy than the many "plant problems" (at least if written right).

Actualy one could even argue that for a hawaii shirt wearing illegal arms dealer who was only gunning against mutants for profit, he was much more successfull than Xeno and the Peacock Symbol Guy at both harming and slandering them.
    Considering he managed to blame a massive explosion at a secruity conference in Alexandria on mutants, ruined the reputation of a peace activist and then successfully used the whole thing as a sales pitch. All while nearly getting away with it, if not for Cable being there, surviving the explosion and then seeking vengance for Hope nearly getting killed (also leaving one of his more robust "test subjects" to die in the explosion only for her to survive unharmed and having enough informations on him to put Cable on the right track).

What's fascinating is that the title actualy showcases a "prototype" of the ressurection protocol 4 years earlier, by having a cryogenical frozen Cable (who is a day away from dying via an unstable super power serum) get clonned every day and then having the memories of his previous clone downloaded into the new one to essentialy continue where he had to leave off before dying.

Also yes, Rock He-Kim's art and coloring did the title no favors. It's telling that the most art one will see posted from the series comes from the 3 issues in which Jorge Molina stepped in as fill in artist.
    Last edited by Grunty; 09-16-2021 at 05:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    Yeah, I only read X-books, and Uncanny Avengers was first time I was reading an Avengers title, lol. I dislike his work in Marauders. I love Emma and I'd still make her the main character cause she's fascinating, but not using Iceman and Bishop is super questionable to me. Now that he's with X-Men, I'm liking it, and getting the same pleasant vibe I got reading Uncanny Avengers.
    Agreed completely I like Emma too and I think it makes sense her protagonism given her position but no to the point the other characters like Iceman, Pyro, Bishop, Shinobi, even Storm when she was there, become almost pure cameos. I wish he focused on them more. I am personally hoping for more Bishop stories with him investigating around, I am curious what Hickman will do with him on inferno.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Ah yes Spurrier's X-force had the premise of being mutantkinds "dirty tricks department", pro-actively hunting down organizations or individuals who might try to use or blame mutants for acts of terrorism, or downright weaponize them.

Something the current X-force seems highly imcompetent at (in part because of it's leadership and bad team composition...)

Though in story this was mostly focused towards hunting down the illegal arms dealer Volga, who had forced a dimension hopping mutant to bring him the necessary technology to produce "mail order" super soldiers (flesh printer, unstable super power serum, etc.).
    That being said, the guy would feel right at home in the current era too and would arguably be much more interesting enemy than the many "plant problems" (at least if written right).

Actualy one could even argue that for a hawaii shirt wearing illegal arms dealer who was only gunning against mutants for profit, he was much more successfull than Xeno and the Peacock Symbol Guy at both harming and slandering them.
    Considering he managed to blame a massive explosion at a secruity conference in Alexandria on mutants, ruined the reputation of a peace activist and then successfully used the whole thing as a sales pitch. All while nearly getting away with it, if not for Cable being there, surviving the explosion and then seeking vengance for Hope nearly getting killed (also leaving one of his more robust "test subjects" to die in the explosion only for her to survive unharmed and having enough informations on him to put Cable on the right track).

What's fascinating is that the title actualy showcases a "prototype" of the ressurection protocol 4 years earlier, by having a cryogenical frozen Cable (who is a day away from dying via an unstable super power serum) get clonned every day and then having the memories of his previous clone downloaded into the new one to essentialy continue where he had to leave off before dying.

Also yes, Rock He-Kim's art and coloring did the title no favors. It's telling that the most art one will see posted from the series comes from the 3 issues in which Jorge Molina stepped in as fill in artist.
    Well said. All of this. I wonder what it would cost to have that entire Spurrier X-Force run re-drawn by Jerome Opena. It would’ve been a masterpiece! Or at least just the first arc. I found it as compelling as The Apocalypse Solution (first arc of Uncanny X-Force).