Page 550 of 1470 FirstFirst ... 504505005405465475485495505515525535545606006501050 ... LastLast
Results 8,236 to 8,250 of 22043
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    I think Gerry Duggan probably has a lot of fun ideas, but the idea of Kid Cable getting a solo book still feels so homophobic*. D:

*Mostly kidding.
    I don't want some teenager walking around near his own daughter of sam age .It's almost as if they are trying something similar to O5 but even worse given Cable is far older
    Last edited by Vishop; 02-13-2020 at 07:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    This hair isn't working, at least not draw by Noto
    It’s awful. I didn’t like it on Brolin, and really don’t like it on this skinny kid who’s now supposed to be Cable.

BANNED

Storm and Emma being friends makes only about as much sense as Jean and Emma being friends, perhaps even less so.

Didn't Emma knowing and intentionally get BOTH of these women raped, one mentally, one physically?

And the affected characters should be buddy-buddy for what, because Emma is one of the main character's girlfriends? Meh.

Also, not every character needs to be buddies with every other character from a narrative, storytelling standpoint, putting asidet he actual negative things they do to each other that make the notion of them "getting drinks" or whatever dumb.

I also want the animosity that should be there between Jean and Magneto. Even if they aren't at each other's throats there should be a certain push and pull between them. I feel like Bunn gave us a little bit of that with the little kid version of Jean for an issue or two.
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 02-13-2020 at 07:06 PM.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    Ugh, mate, don't even get me started on Apocalypse in this week's Excalibur! Honest to god, I don't know whether I want to throttle Rictor for licking Apocalypse's colonising boots or feel bad because I just see the manipulative behaviour the fucker's pulling...I've lived through that exact attitude he's putting up for everyone! "Oh you can trust me, lying is just a waste of time," It's all great 'till ya don't do what they want or stroke their ego's. Watching it play out here, it's like, one half terrifying, one half infuriating.
    That sounds awful. With Marvels current interest in shady and/or vile characters things will continue to not make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    It’s awful. I didn’t like it on Brolin, and really don’t like it on this skinny kid who’s now supposed to be Cable.
    I realy don't like this military haircut. His hair was better on Brisson x-force

Quote Originally Posted by biswaboxz View Post
    I don't want some teenager walking around his own daughter of sam age .It's almost as if they are trying something similar to O5 but even worse given Cable is far older
    Seems even worse that now he is womanizer dating the 5 cuckoos at the same time
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Storm and Emma being friends makes only about as much sense as Jean and Emma being friends, perhaps even less so.

Didn't Emma knowing and intentionally get BOTH of these women raped, one mentally, one physically?

And the affected characters should be buddy-buddy for what, because Emma is one of the main character's girlfriends? Meh.

Also, not every character needs to be buddies with every other character from a narrative, storytelling standpoint, putting asidet he actual negative things they do to each other that make the notion of them "getting drinks" or whatever dumb.

I also want the animosity that should be there between Jean and Magneto. Even if they aren't at each other's throats there should be a certain push and pull between them. I feel like Bunn gave us a little bit of that with the little kid version of Jean for an issue or two.
    Seems more like Emma is a writers favorite, so every character have to be ok with her. Look how Duggan thinks she is a feminist or Leah thiks x-women should ride or die for her

Narrative gains a lot more if not every character is friend with another, it is very believable. A lot more believable than everyone likeng everyone else.

Storm and Jean have plenty of reasons to dislike Emma and it should be respected

Also Emma never do any move to apologize
    Last edited by spirit2011; 02-13-2020 at 07:35 PM.

Mighty Member

The reasons for hating Emma seem so beyond petty for me especially when the posters making them brag about supporting female empowerment.

People are acting like Emma and Storm can either be best friends or hardcore enemies. It seems misogynistic that some many people think women relationships either fall intro best friends or bitter enemies. Xavier can work with Apocalypse, but women working together? Yeah right!!!

Now let's further examine the Emma hate.

Part of it is Jean fans who are bitter that Scott cheated on Jean. And instead of blaming Scott, they blame Emma. They slut shame her and act like she's the wost in a universe where most popular characters have committed genocide at one point or another. If you notice Jean fans that aren't obsessed with Scott, they seem to have zero problem with her, and if they do, it has nothing to do with the affair. They don't pit women against each other while excusing the male.

Then there's Storm fans. This one is kind of worse since unlike Jean&Scott fans, Storm fans brag about being woke and pro-women. They say they hate Emma because multiple decades ago, when Emma was written by clueless straight men as a mustache twirling villain, Emma was part of Storm's rape by Shaw. But that's a BS reason. Instead of hating the male writers that wrote females as jokes in those years (they havent improved much), they focus their hate on a fictional character.

But if they can judge Emma based off bad writing from crappy male writers, then we can do the same to Storm.

According to bad male writers, Storm is nothing more than a joke. She spends all her time napping, can't fight to save her life, and despite being OMEGA, all she can do is throw puny lightning bolts. Storm is so pathetic that she gets bossed around by characters that were teenagers when she was leading the XMEN. Storm has no personality and is nothing more than a token.

See how easy it is to trash female characters based off of bad male writers? I bet I came off as beyond petty. And that's exactly how the Emma hating Storm fans come off. It's not Emma's fault Storm went from rivaling Wonder Woman to being nothing more than a secondary character. They could focus their anger on Marvel who ignore Storm at a time when black and/or female characters are being celebrated. Its so much easier to hate the other woman isn't it?

So weird how this board is supposed to be liberal yet female characters are constantly compared to each other. You never see this amount of bashing against Xavier or Magneto.

BANNED

For the record, I bashed current Xavier just yesterday. And don't get me started on characters like Cyclops. People want Emma and Jean literally banging just because their his girlfriends.

I honestly don't think Emma being female has anything to do with it. No one thinks Jean and Rogue or Storm and Rogue shouldn't be good friends. It seems to be related to who the characters are more than anything, when we are all being honest.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    For the record, I bashed current Xavier just yesterday. And don't get me started on characters like Cyclops. People want Emma and Jean literally banging just because their his girlfriends.

I honestly don't think Emma being female has anything to do with it. No one thinks Jean and Rogue or Storm and Rogue shouldn't be good friends. It seems to be related to who the characters are more than anything, when we are all being honest.
    Well, the Storm fans who hate Emma, also seem to hate Jean. Did you forget how much hate Jean got when she became the lead of RED? It was from Storm fans who think Storm gets screwed over when Jean is around. It's kinda true, but once again, instead of blaming bad male writers, they blamed Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa_Against_Bigots View Post
    I hope Emma manages to trash Storm in the next issue of Marauders. Not that i have anything against Storm (aside from the fact she hasn't been an interesting character in about 30 years give or take) but it would be super satisfying and i think we all know why.
    So Storm deserves to get hurt by Emma again just because she isn't interesting enough? Wow. And I don't believe you don't have anything against her.

*Is also questioning your username*

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    Well, the Storm fans who hate Emma, also seem to hate Jean. Did you forget how much hate Jean got when she became the lead of RED? It was from Storm fans who think Storm gets screwed over when Jean is around. It's kinda true, but once again, instead of blaming bad male writers, they blamed Jean.
    Jean wasn't around from 2004 to 2018, Storm writing was bad without Jean. Jean wasn't on Gold

Well they are definitely wrong there. Storm is crap cause no writer or X architects are passionate about the character and it is painfully obvious. She's been a creatively dead for nearly 15 years. Jean or Emma have nothing to do with that. I still don't think these characters should be friendly though. Professional, sure, but friendly? Doesn't make a lick of sense. Have Emma be friendly with other X women like Rogue, Dazzler, Polaris etc. People she hasn't screwed over with little remorse.

You know I think all the fighting among women is because the writers who are male love cat fights. I don't mean to down play these uh, complicated relationships this way but there you have it.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    Well they are definitely wrong there. Storm is crap cause no writer or X architects are passionate about the character and it is painfully obvious. She's been a creatively dead for nearly 15 years. Jean or Emma have nothing to do with that. I still don't think these characters should be friendly though. Professional, sure, but friendly? Doesn't make a lick of sense. Have Emma be friendly with other X women like Rogue, Dazzler, Polaris etc. People she hasn't screwed over with little remorse.
    But being friendly with someone doesn't mean they're BFFs. I'm friendly with a ton of my coworkers. That doesn't mean we are friends. Why do female relationships have to be BFFS or bitter enemies? You don't see long threads about how Xavier should be petty against Apocalypse because Apocalypse is such a privileged hoe.

You know I think all the fighting among women is because the writers who are male love cat fights. I don't mean to down play these uh, complicated relationships this way but there you have it.
    But the posters here brag about being super liberal and queer and so called feminists. Yet, they instantly buy into these petty catfights started by straight male writers where one female character needs to get trashed so their fave can come off better.
    Last edited by RamaBird; 02-13-2020 at 07:51 PM.

BANNED

But being friendly with someone doesn't mean their BFFs. I'm friendly with a ton of my coworkers. That doesn't mean we are friends. Why do female relationships have to be BFFS or bitter enemies? You don't see long threads about how Xavier should be petty against Apocalypse because Apocalypse is such a privileged hoe.
    I mean, I think Xavier should knock Apocalypse down a peg or two. But then, Xavier thinks he's higher on the rungs right now, so fat chance there. (Someone should knock Apocalypse down a peg or two though.)

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Part of it is Jean fans who are bitter that Scott cheated on Jean. And instead of blaming Scott, they blame Emma. They slut shame her and act like she's the worst in a universe where most popular characters have committed genocide at one point or another. If you notice Jean fans that aren't obsessed with Scott, they seem to have zero problem with her, and if they do, it has nothing to do with the affair. They don't pit women against each other while excusing the male.

So weird how this board is supposed to be liberal yet female characters are constantly compared to each other. You never see this amount of bashing against Xavier or Magneto.
    Far as things go, cheating is closer to home for most people than genocide. So a character who cheats on another is easier to hate because many have been in that situation or have loved ones who have been & that type of pain & betrayal is closer to register than things like genocide & serial killing.

Far as the affair, I have found both Scott & Emma get hate for it. Emma is just easier to hate more given her braggart & entitled attitude about it. lol MAYBE Scott does feel remorse. I doubt it, but easier for many to see him as being remorseful compared to Emma. So again, easier to hate someone who does lowdown stuff, feels entitled to having done it, and does not feel the least upset about it. I personally dislike them both for the affair. So I got no dog in the fight.

Triangles tend to do this. Everyone knows about Brad x Jennifer x Angelina. But an even worse one before them we WWE's Triple H x Chyna x Stephanie which started 5 years before the same way.

After Chyna's death, they tweeted condolences and they were ripped to shreds in the comments.
    https://twitter.com/StephMcMahon/sta...19592570929152
    https://twitter.com/TripleH/status/723129417367732225
    Like Emma, Stephanie has shown to be proud of the affair. She says she saw the man she wanted & took him, then said it was Chyna's fault for not being able to keep him. Later she says the situation was bad but she doesn't feel bad because of what she got out of it. Chyna's nightmare was her love story. So when former mistresses say that kind of stuff, it can pile hate on faster than ever. Again, like Scemma, I dislike them both for that -among other things. lol So I got no dog with choosing one side or the other. They both seem like bad people.

Any triangle is messy, especially when two of the parties started as an affair. But in all the ones I know of, both parties of the affair got fair share of hatred on all sides.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 02-13-2020 at 08:17 PM.