Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    Because Logan is a proven seller and has been for a few decades, of course Marvel is gonna showcase arguably their 2nd most popular character more than most. What has Illyana done other than star in probably the worst comic book film ever made to deserve such a push? If anything, Storm should be getting her spotlight, who no matter how far she's been downplayed, she's still the 2nd most popular X-Man after Wolverine.
    Ilyana is only "pushed" on the x-men tittles, probably because the creators involved like her. Why Storm isn't pushed? Probably because Marvel notice that when she guest stars in a comic the sales don't rise, Logan is pushed because most likely the comics he is in get more sales. Simple.

I believe that aside from Wolverine, most X-Men characters would sell more or less the same on a solo, so the main factor on what character gets a solo is more about editorial and the right pitch.

Cyclops is my favorite character on Marvel, and I'm sure his solo would sell as well as Cable's or any other X-Men not called Wolverine, he have a rich and long history with connections to almost any x-villain, actually Sinister is more tied to Cyclops than to any other X-Men.
    But Cyclops don't get a solo, if you ask me why, is probably because the x-office sees him more as a team character than a solo player, the same is true to most x-characters, so unless some creator comes with some good pitch for a Cyclops solo comic, he probably isn't getting one.
    Last edited by Ra-El; 10-15-2020 at 07:25 PM.