Page 840 of 1487 FirstFirst ... 3407407908308368378388398408418428438448508909401340 ... LastLast
Results 12,586 to 12,600 of 22300
    BANNED

I'm confused why you're so convinced this is out of continuity? You really just keep coming across as a Debbie Downer regarding the whole story.

Quote Originally Posted by PetPigeon View Post
    I'm confused why you're so convinced this is out of continuity? You really just keep coming across as a Debbie Downer regarding the whole story.
    It seemed entirely plausible to me this was in response to a Krakoa denier, but then it seems there's a lot of that going around.

Fantastic Member

very well could be jrjr on the new x-men book with hickman starting in july

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bishop66 View Post
    That would be something awesome! (I just had to laugh at the comment in the Marvel page that JR jr. is a "has-been".
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Please, no. I don't really like John Romita Jr. now.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Please, no. I don't really like John Romita Jr. now.
    I've personally only ever really liked his Spidey stuff. His art's just not for me, otherwise
    Make Good Art

Cable: Blood & Metal is one of my favorite Marvel minis ever. I’d take that JRJR on X-men any day!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PetPigeon View Post
    Because at least one other story in the book is taking place in an alternate continuity where Peggy Carter is Captain America in the 1940's. Which tells me that having to keep the stories entirely in the current continuity is seemingly not enforced. So all writers involved might be free to pick any kind of alternate scenario they desire, if it fits their stories better than having to force these stories into the main continuity.

Anthology books like these are often free to create stories which can either take place in the past or don't have to fit into current continuity, since it's often more about the characters in general than squeeze a story into continuity by any means necessary.

And that's why i consider it possible that this story takes place in an alternate universe where Marrow and Feral are long time buddies who hang out in the Morlock tunnels as room mates going on each others nerves constantly, but also being too much used to each other to go seperated ways (insert *heavy metal version of The Odd Couple theme*).

Is it going to play out like this? Dunno. But it doesn't need to be in current continuity either.

I really not a fan, too blocky lately. But the possibility seems really big that he is on x-men book.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Because at least one other story in the book is taking place in an alternate continuity where Peggy Carter is Captain America in the 1940's. Which tells me that having to keep the stories entirely in the current continuity is seemingly not enforced. So all writers involved might be free to pick any kind of alternate scenario they desire, if it fits their stories better than having to force these stories into the main continuity.

Anthology books like these are often free to create stories which can either take place in the past or don't have to fit into current continuity, since it's often more about the characters in general than squeeze a story into continuity by any means necessary.

And that's why i consider it possible that this story takes place in an alternate universe where Marrow and Feral are long time buddies who hang out in the Morlock tunnels as room mates going on each others nerves constantly, but also being too much used to each other to go seperated ways (insert *heavy metal version of The Odd Couple theme*).

Is it going to play out like this? Dunno. But it doesn't need to be in current continuity either.
    It was in one of these anthologies that the Children of the Atom (In that race between Shuri and Forge) were introduced.

Sometimes they are canon.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    It was in one of these anthologies that the Children of the Atom (In that race between Shuri and Forge) were introduced.

Sometimes they are canon.
    Indeed. Hence why i considered both as possibilities.

The room from the preview image is a bit difficult to pinpoint. The plants and round design of the structues could fit into the krakoan aesthetic, meaning current day X-men setting.
    But the Morlock tunnels were also sometimes depicted as having a rounded ceiling with crossing support structures and weedy growths, fitting the room aswell. Meaning any time in the past 20 years or alternate continuity.

Either way we'll see in 3 weeks. Looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Indeed. Hence why i considered both as possibilities.

The room from the preview image is a bit difficult to pinpoint. The plants and round design of the structues could fit into the krakoan aesthetic, meaning current day X-men setting.
    But the Morlock tunnels were also sometimes depicted as having a rounded ceiling with crossing support structures and weedy growths, fitting the room aswell. Meaning any time in the past 20 years or alternate continuity.

Either way we'll see in 3 weeks. Looking forward to it.
    it just depends if a writer want to pick it up. COTA were written by Vita Ayala on that book

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Yeah I was speculating the same thing in the Marvel forum, July is when the new artist should come onboard X-Men, and obviously if Marvel is bringing Romita Jr back they're giving him one of their big titles, so I think this has a good likelihood of happening.

Personally I wasn't a fan of his latest run on Action Comics with Bendis, his art looked rush, unfinished, unexciting. When paired with a great colourist and inker and taking a bit more time though, Romita Jr can absolutely produce beautiful artwork as evidenced by Superman: Year One. If he's indeed joining Hickman on X-Men, I hope it's this latter Romita Jr we're getting.

Marauders #20

Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    Marauders #20

Everyone must be thinking they shouldn't have let Ororo leave the team...