Page 988 of 1490 FirstFirst ... 488888938978984985986987988989990991992998103810881488 ... LastLast
Results 14,806 to 14,820 of 22342

Well, her main romantic relationship for more than half a century was Alex, so........ I'm just saying.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    2 is supposed to be average. I scoped it a while ago, and many characters were sitting at 2.
    sentientdefense.jpg

i don't think most with average intelligence can create such a thesis.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Lorna's made some stupid decisions, especially when it comes to Havok. I can buy it. No shade but for alot of her history she's been mentally off, so that could play into things as well

Extraordinary Member

There are different forms of intelligence. Someone can be a scientific genius but be inept at strategy and tactics and vice versa, and that's far from the limit. One of the problems with comics is they often make intelligence a catch-all where too many people are geniuses at everything. Athletic intelligence is also a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Lorna's made some stupid decisions, especially when it comes to Havok. I can buy it. No shade but for alot of her history she's been mentally off, so that could play into things as well
    I wouldn't put too much thought into the numbers. Some editor or someone just scribbled down a few numbers. Though to respond to your post I will say with only a few exceptions Lorna's most intelligent depictions were when she wasn't exactly written as emotionally calm.

The more politically radical as well the more intelligent. Austen's Lorna wasn't Magneto level intelligent, but she wasn't far off his 5/6 intelligence either. I would put her intelligence down as a four in that run.

Remember Magneto at his most radical and not exactly stable in the 60s and 70s was by far his most intelligent. Claremont's Lorna if you looked at her on paper she should have been at least a three getting her PhD in the sciences. Though she often came off under his pen below average intelligence and his run stands as the most well known.
    Last edited by jmc247; 11-09-2021 at 12:22 PM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

The fact that not even the most genius intellectuals of the MU (perhaps with the exception of Reed Richards) stop to explain Quantum Physics as it pertains to String Theory with the Villain du Jour shows just how irrelevant those stats are. Cool for the 90's (if you were into that sort of thing) but absolutely pointless today.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

These stats are obviously meaningless and just for fun, but I think some are trying to attach too much nuance to the numbers. Yeah, just cause you have a Masters or PhD doesn't necessarily mean you are really "intelligent" but again, I don't think Marvel was trying to be that deep or sophisticated with the reasoning. If you have a Masters or Phd, a 3 or 4 should be the minimum stat you should slap on for that label for a character. They're doing Lorna dirty. I even thought making Rogue a 1 was bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    These stats are obviously meaningless and just for fun, but I think some are trying to attach too much nuance to the numbers. Yeah, just cause you have a Masters or PhD doesn't necessarily mean you are really "intelligent" but again, I don't think Marvel was trying to be that deep or sophisticated with the reasoning. If you have a Masters or Phd, a 3 or 4 should be the minimum stat you should slap on for that label for a character. They're doing Lorna dirty. I even thought making Rogue a 1 was bad.
    Shes a 3 as shes learned.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Can't believe no one's posted a scan of that "Looks cool, but what's it do?" panel. Joking aside, yeah, Lorna should've gotten a 3 in Intelligence and 5 in Energy Projection.

Incredible Member Infernal-Ginger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MAR420X View Post
    guessing they are going after Emma who is wearing Cerebro

1st look

Last edited by MAR420X; 11-11-2021 at 07:11 PM.

Sinister in the pit, huh? I mean sure, but what about the 50 other Sinisters?

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicScion View Post
    guessing they are going after Emma who is wearing Cerebro
    I interpreted it as them both going after the unclaimed "crown" of Krakoa, meaning that they're fighting each other to claim it.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

These covers are gorgeous. MAR420X, you’re the best.

The one of them running towards Cerebo is great.
    Raven looks sad.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!