Page 707 of 1481 FirstFirst ... 2076076576977037047057067077087097107117177578071207 ... LastLast
Results 10,591 to 10,605 of 22205

Jason Aaron should be banned from writing Phoenix... and Wolverine... and Cyclops... and maybe Thor... and possibly Captain America, too.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Jason Aaron should be banned from writing
    Fixed for ya. He was one of the most exciting writers in the end of the last decade and beginning of this one, but, like happens with so many comic writers (Bendis, Millar and Claremont are good examples) he let his flaws get the better of him.

The avengers being cursed with those ugly costumes is karma if you ask me. I’m just sad that Logan is being dragged into this.
    Last edited by Dipter; 09-16-2020 at 08:52 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    I don't think this conversation is going to go anywhere.

That said, those Phoenix designs look terrible. I also wonder what the fallout will be. Probably nothing.
    Right now everything is plot induced stupidity around Phoenix Force. Emma, Cyke, Namor, Wolverine are not known omega mutants canonically. Jean and Rachel are.Thats it. People sure have some typical irrational way to say around with this stuff via psychic connection etc.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Right now everything is plot induced stupidity around Phoenix Force. Emma, Cyke, Namor, Wolverine are not known omega mutants canonically. Jean and Rachel are.Thats it. People sure have some typical irrational way to say around with this stuff via psychic connection etc.
    Emma was said to be an "Omega-level telepath" by Matt Fraction.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Emma was said to be an "Omega-level telepath" by Matt Fraction.
    according to Hickman revised list that's not a case anymore
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    according to Hickman revised list that's not a case anymore
    True, but I kinda thought that post was referring to the past. Rachel isn't omega either by today's canon.

Mighty Member

The Phoenix never chose Emma, Cyke and Namor though...

And Rachel is not omega either.

I'm guessing this storyline will be a complete joke, just like any time he writes something.

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Yes, I’ll a lot of people are glossing over the fact that being a true Phoenix Avatar is determined by genetics. It is not like the Black Vortex where anyone can become cosmically empowered.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Jason Aaron should be banned from writing Phoenix... and Wolverine... and Cyclops... and maybe Thor... and possibly Captain America, too.
    Jason Aaron was great on Thor IMO.

BANNED

The guy is a good writer. He just likes giving his favorite characters the Phoenix, just like Hickman does.

This will probably be a fun story.

So this storyline will be like

Marvel next Phoenix?

Oh dear i do really hope is not the Panther, Wolverine or Thor

Hope Black Widow for readheady or Jean cause. come on man.

Jean: Phoenix period.

Maybe a Redux of the Phoenix Five but more sexier can i tolerate.

Fantastic Member

The guy is a good writer. He just likes giving his favorite characters the Phoenix, just like Hickman does.

This will probably be a fun story.
    Hickman doesn't treat the Phoenix like a power up but rather like a Cosmic Being, the Abstract it is.

True, but I kinda thought that post was referring to the past. Rachel isn't omega either by today's canon.
    Being an Omega Level telepath doesn't mean that you are an Omega Level Mutant though...

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhoenix View Post
    Being an Omega Level telepath doesn't mean that you are an Omega Level Mutant though...
    That doesn't make any sense. I'm pretty sure there was a time where writers would just call everyone Omega Level and it was mostly telepaths, so fans and things like Marvel Wiki started rationalizing it as "Omega Level telepath is a different thing from Omega level mutant". Or maybe it's actually said in a book somewhere. But with the way things are currently written, there's only 14 Omega Level mutants and the only Omega telepaths are Jean and Quentin.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhoenix View Post
    Hickman doesn't treat the Phoenix like a power up but rather like a Cosmic Being, the Abstract it is.
    This isn't true. He was part of AvX and he wrote Secret Wars.

It had never been said in the comics that Omega Level Telepaths aren't omega level mutants.