For a second it looked like Storm had major armpit hair on her left pit, just pouring THROUGH her sleeve. But no, it's the back end of her mohawk. Would have been a bold look, to say the least
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    For a second it looked like Storm had major armpit hair on her left pit, just pouring THROUGH her sleeve. But no, it's the back end of her mohawk. Would have been a bold look, to say the least
    can't unsee!

Got really excited seeing Beast there thinking they were finally going to fix the character, but it’s just a variant.
    “Fleeing through the labyrinths with the hordes of the living dead fast upon them;
    Once again they found themselves trapped in front of the abyss.”

I feel we are in one of the bottom 5 most creatively bankrupt moments in the entire history of Marvel Comics in my humble opinion. And I see dark days ahead for the X-Men in the coming years and honestly, after house of X, I never thought I would say that. What a historic feat to **** that up and the editor in chief is the worst in Marvel History between what he has done to all 4 big franchises in Marvel during his tenure.

Quote Originally Posted by BESTXMAN View Post
    I feel we are in one of the bottom 5 most creatively bankrupt moments in the entire history of Marvel Comics in my humble opinion. And I see dark days ahead for the X-Men in the coming years and honestly, after house of X, I never thought I would say that. What a historic feat to **** that up and the editor in chief is the worst in Marvel History between what he has done to all 4 big franchises in Marvel during his tenure.
    Wow. I think this has been in the top 5 best era of X-men

BANNED

If this is creatively bankrupt, what will we call the overwhelming The Animated Series aesthetic coming to the books soon?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Wow. I think this has been in the top 5 best era of X-men
    It was up until Hickman left. Then they fucked it up. They never actually took advantage of the new status quo.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    If this is creatively bankrupt, what will we call the overwhelming The Animated Series aesthetic coming to the books soon?
    If TAS tanks we won't have to worry

It was up until Hickman left. Then they fucked it up. They never actually took advantage of the new status quo.
    Ultimately editorial not forcing writers like Williams to adhere to Hickman's schedule devastated the most promising era for the x-books since Morrison. The most interesting parts of the Krakoa era went bye bye not long after Hickman left.

All that being said returning to the 90s will be worse than late Krakoa era storytelling.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    if this a legitimate concern? do we think the "new" aesthetic will be the TAS one?

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    if this a legitimate concern? do we think the "new" aesthetic will be the TAS one?
    Yeah, I doubt this will happen. 97 just feels like a nostalgia grab, if there's any synergy it will be with the MCU (hopefully not though). Considering secret wars was supposed to be 2027 before the strikes we probably have a while before any synergy anyways.

Agreed. I'm thinking they want to use X-men '97 as a nostalgia vehicle, but also to get the fans who watched it as kids -- many of whom will have kids of their own now -- to get their kids into it so they create a whole new generation of X-fanatics. Or just to get more younger fans into the X-men in general. This is why I also think we'll see variants of the FOX verse X-men in Deadpool 3 and Secret Wars (and possibly popping up other places after DP3 too if rumors are true and they end up stranded in the 616), in order to go back to their "glory days," in terms of when the X-men were at the heigh of their popularity and thus the most recognizable versions.

This way when they finally do show up in the MCU, if they look a little different costume wise and in terms of the composition of the team and the concept and whatnot, it can feel like a natural evolution from the 90s versions which folks will be familiar with already. Makes sense to me.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Spectacular Member

I support this accurate and logical message.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    WDMC is Storm wearing? That's like Sprite-level fashion disaster happening.
    Horrible. All of them really, but Storm's in particular.

It's simple: mohawk? no cape.

Cape? No mohawk.

Overdesigning simple costumes with more lines and color-blocking is another pet peeve of mine.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

perfect opportunity to post one of my fave quotes!

“Apparently, the fact that Bob was fired for unfair and wrong reasons one September rather than for all the tens of hundreds of RIGHT reasons he’d racked up in the seven years PREVIOUS gave a lot of staffers a sudden change of heart. Amazing. Overnight, they forgot what a two-faced, cowardly liar Bob had been and what crap they’d all had to suffer through because of his shortcomings as a manager. Instead, everyone was lighting candles for Bob. Jesus. You want to know the truth? In my humble =koff= opinion, Bob did as much to help destroy the comic book industry during the 1990s than any other single human being alive. Yes, even more than Gareb. I’d even let Ron Perlman [sic] out of Hell before I’d pardon Bob. For years and years and years, the editorial philosophy at Marvel was to make each and every comic book as labyrinthine and confusing as creatively possible. Marvel had the single highest-profile comic book in the Western hemisphere—X-MEN—and Bob did everything imaginable to make it completely incomprehensible and inaccessible to new and/or casual readers. Everything.

“Here it is in a nutshell: Did you see that stupifyingly atrocious piece-of-crap X-MEN sampler comic in TV GUIDE? My rage had no words. It was a textbook example of how NOT to write and draw something a prospective first-time reader could possibly understand or enjoy or want to see more of. Hell, I’ve been reading comics for 34 years and I had to read it three times to figure out what was going on. TV GUIDE. Eight million households. A once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for new market exposure. And everyone connected with it failed miserably. Fire them. Fire them all. We’re DYIN’ here. We cannot afford to blow ANY opportunity to find new readers.” —Mark Waid, quoted by Warren Ellis, 2000

And that's without mentioning Harras's sex-pest entourage! How quickly people forget...

https://womenwriteaboutcomics.com/20...ry-in-collage/