Page 811 of 1488 FirstFirst ... 3117117618018078088098108118128138148158218619111311 ... LastLast
Results 12,151 to 12,165 of 22319

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    That's from Demon Days X-Men(more like 5 ronin) and it's AU focused on her. I do really like her design but seems like Venom is also gonna be there so I am not sure this is gonna be a good thing.

This is really impressive work from Yu, quite a departure from his regular style. I'm a fan of his, however I'd like to see him continue this way however maybe he's experimenting given the project.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

It's a gorgeous piece of cover art.
    I've always been a fan of Yu's art. And I love this development. It reminds me (not the work itself but the progression of style) of Jae Lee's development...starting from sketchy, detailed and dynamic to clean, simple and static (but not in a bad way).
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 02-10-2021 at 05:07 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

This feels closer to Yu's artwork in Edge of Destruction. I'm quite fond of this cover.

Astonishing Member

Considering the Nimrod on the cover looks battle damaged, especialy with the seemingly still glowing damage on the shoulder looking like a recent hit with a heat based weapon or very fast projectile, i wonder if the story will throw a curveball and it turns out Nimrod sides against Orchis?

Like without the mother mold to give it the usual Sentinel logic and laws, it does it's own assessment of the "dangers to humanity" and comes to the conclusion that any group which artifical alters humanity is a danger to their natural future, with the added conclusion that mutants are humans with natural super powers, hence anything which artifical changes mutants is a danger too.

And since Orchis plan would lead to a dominance of the Sentinels and the eventual creation of an artifical post-humanity, Nimrod comes to the conclusion that Orchis is the greatest danger to humanity at the moment and destroys the base, before setting it's aim at the other groups that in it's mind endanger humanity via artifical modification including Krakoa.

At which point it could also form a partnership with Mystique.
    Last edited by Grunty; 02-10-2021 at 06:58 AM.

BANNED

It's like you are making Terminator in comics. Too cliche.....

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    It's like you are making Terminator in comics. Too cliche.....
    Well to be fair, the "going back to the past to change the future" introduced in Days of Future Past predates Terminator by a good couple of years at least.

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    Well to be fair, the "going back to the past to change the future" introduced in Days of Future Past predates Terminator by a good couple of years at least.
    Yeah. it's actually kind of impressive that DOFP predates The Terminator, given how blatantly Claremont and the artists plundered films they'd recently seen back then. The time traveller from a dystopian future trope likely pre-dates both though.

Byrne thinks he was probably subconsciously influenced by the Doctor Who story Day Of The Daleks when he co-plotted DOFP. He'd forgotten the details but saw it again years later and noticed the similarities.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Considering the Nimrod on the cover looks battle damaged, especialy with the seemingly still glowing damage on the shoulder looking like a recent hit with a heat based weapon or very fast projectile, i wonder if the story will throw a curveball and it turns out Nimrod sides against Orchis?

Like without the mother mold to give it the usual Sentinel logic and laws, it does it's own assessment of the "dangers to humanity" and comes to the conclusion that any group which artifical alters humanity is a danger to their natural future, with the added conclusion that mutants are humans with natural super powers, hence anything which artifical changes mutants is a danger too.

And since Orchis plan would lead to a dominance of the Sentinels and the eventual creation of an artifical post-humanity, Nimrod comes to the conclusion that Orchis is the greatest danger to humanity at the moment and destroys the base, before setting it's aim at the other groups that in it's mind endanger humanity via artifical modification including Krakoa.

At which point it could also form a partnership with Mystique.
    Given how Hickman wrote Nimrod in PoX and how it looks like he’s going to be Gregor’s husband resurrected in some form, I don’t think he’s going to be a “beep boop, logic dictates...” style robot.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Yupp.
    I can't believe one image has me so excited and speculative but have no idea just how this issue will play out.
    Can't wait for May to come...the month of May, that is, notpeterparker'saunt.
    Agreed, Sibling! I saw the cover and fell over. I'll get up soon.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Agreed, Sibling! I saw the cover and fell over. I'll get up soon.
    Blessings, Sibling! It took me a while as well.
    A helping hand is ready and willing should you need one, or two....I know the struggle.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Harpoon View Post
    Given how Hickman wrote Nimrod in PoX and how it looks like he’s going to be Gregor’s husband resurrected in some form, I don’t think he’s going to be a “beep boop, logic dictates...” style robot.
    What if Mystique hijacks the process and the Nimrod is Destiny?

That would be so mind-effingly crazy and wtf awesome and completely out of left field...it would be glorious! I would lose my shyt and the sheer balls and audacity of Ms. Darkholme.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    What if Mystique hijacks the process and the Nimrod is Destiny?
    Then I really don't think Hickman would write Nimrod as a “beep boop, logic dictates...” kind of robot.

But we'll need to see first if Gregor's method of bringing back Erasmus can even be applied to Destiny or not, as all we know at this point is that it involves pink crystals. I feel like this is going to be giving humans their own "resurrection protocol" of a sort more than anything else.
    Last edited by Harpoon; 02-10-2021 at 10:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Blessings, Sibling! It took me a while as well.
    A helping hand is ready and willing should you need one, or two....I know the struggle.
    I hope this also starts leading us to Sentinel City on Mercury too. Oh man.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!