Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast

Default X-Men '97 Episode 8 - Tolerance is Extinction Part 1 *spoilers*

Intro - Magneto is still out. Profesor X is in. No new flashback shots

Scott and Jean watch Cable shooting his gun outside the mansion. He and Bishop were stranded in the tmie stream and he went to a future alone. In the war room, Cable briefs the team on Bastion and Prime Sentinels, which are made by the TO virus. Bastion's Evolutionary War lasted 300 years. It was a Utopia for humans as mutants were made slaves. Old Polaris and Rachel cameo. Jean realizes that Cable was around when Maddie died. They then see a news report of Cavier being revealed to be alive and about to rule the Shi'ar Empire. It reports the Xmen faked his death to get mutant support and also murdered Trask.

Jubilee and Sunspot are with his mother and Stryker is on the news. Rogue is in a bed and Jean is trying to help her as Kurt looks on. They talk about Maddie. With the psychic connection they had, its as if her memories are her own. She feels her son within her and the memory of holding him. But he's Maddie's son. Kurt mentions how he is mystique's son and despite being blood are like strangers. Blood is blood. Family is a choice. Jean, Scott and Cable then leave to some coordinate that beast gives them

Val Cooper is with Sinister who has Magneto held up on an X cross. She talks alone with Magneto and says she didnt know about Genosha and apologizes. He refuses to speak back. Later at the mansion Trish gives Beast some coffee as he works on the prime sentinel they apprehended. The Summers go to what was supposed to be a sentinel facility but realize i is Bastion's childhood home. An old lady is found. Jean touches a childhood drawing and her psychometry powers kick in as she sees the kid and the father infected with sentinel technology from the future to become Nimrod. The kid is named Sebastion and becomes a mutated sentinel. The mother later becomes a sentinel

Back with Bastion, Daria is with him. Dr. Doom, Zemo and some mystery women are revealed to be working with him. Bastion tells his plan to Val, Operation Zero Tolerance. He shows her how the prime sentinels are made. She thought he was building a new sentinel, not weaponizing humans

Jubilee and Sunspot are out shopping and she wears something like her black bodysuit in the books. A prime sentinel is activated. They run and he uses his powers to shoot one. At some point she falls off a building adn Sunspot flies in to save her as he's been practicing in the danger room. They crash his mother's Humans for Genosha event. The sentinels tell them that they dont kill mutants. His mother tells them to go with the sentinels whom puts collars on them

At the mansion, Beast sees prime sentinels activated across the globe. Trish becomes one to and attacks him. Morph turns into Juggernaut. A bunch of them show up at the mansion doors as parts of it burns. Kurt adn Logan fight together to protect Rogue.

With the Summers the are attacked by a neighborhood of sentinels and flee in the Blackbird. It is attacked and about to crash but they manage to escape in a car. Scott and Cable shoot the sentinels as Jean TK dries the car

A sentinel that looked like Gambit is outside hte mansion and opens the car door for Bastion. He opens a portal and goes back to his facility. Val tells him he;s a monster. She says no one seemed shocked or surprised about Genosha. She freed Magneto and tells him that Magneto was Right.

Magneto releases an eM Pulse across the globe that deactiates the sentinels. Spiderman cameo is seen. Silver Samurai and Omega Red are as well. Wolverine mentions that Magneto has declared war. At that moment Xavier returns and says "To Me my X-men"

Was that Remy?
    Last edited by Havok83; 05-01-2024 at 06:07 AM.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

What.an.episode.

So many cameos...Spiderman! Doom! they werent playing around.

Wolverine got some great fight scenes in this episode that should quinch some peoples thirst. He was slice and dicing like he was making a charcuterie board.

Magneto going Omega at the end....omg....literally shutting down everything. It is war and you just pissed off the wrong guy

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    What.an.episode.

So many cameos...Spiderman! Doom! they werent playing around.

Wolverine got some great fight scenes in this episode that should quinch some peoples thirst. He was slice and dicing like he was making a charcuterie board.

Magneto going Omega at the end....omg....literally shutting down everything. It is war and you just pissed off the wrong guy
    Can't. Wait!

Based on this episode and how it ended, my prediction is that we're going to get a Fatal Attractions adaptation in the final two episodes... which could mean...

“Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Old Lady Lorna

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Can't. Wait!

Based on this episode and how it ended, my prediction is that we're going to get a Fatal Attractions adaptation in the final two episodes... which could mean...

Yeah I sense Xavier is gonna have to shut Magneto's mind down which is gonna lead to Onslaught in season 2
    Last edited by Havok83; 05-01-2024 at 06:16 AM.

Yup great episode. The second best right behind 5 for me. Lots of amazing cameos and cool moments between wolverine and nightcrawler and the summers family.

Magneto was right!

Astonishing Member

As mentioned in the other discussion. Seems my prediction regarding the show not using the destruction of Genosha or having it stick was wrong. Time will tell how much they can lean into the comics past 24 years of bleakness until the show's audience might get repulsed aswell?

Trish being a prime sentinel seems to be a nod towards how in Iceman's part of OZT he met an ex-girlfriend who was also revealed to be a prime.

I can't believe how masterfully this show fuses storylines like Operation Zero Tolerance and Fatal Attractions. Using Magneto's EMP against Prime Sentinels is much more satisfying than having SHIELD come in to stop the fighting. Just masterful.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post

I laughed as he randomly took shots at different Prime Sentinels while in free fall. Way to make the most out of a situation lol.

Also got a Dr. Strange shoutout from Beast.
    Last edited by Saturius; 05-01-2024 at 06:25 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    I can't believe how masterfully this show fuses storylines like Operation Zero Tolerance and Fatal Attractions. Using Magneto's EMP against Prime Sentinels is much more satisfying than having SHIELD come in to stop the fighting. Just masterful.
    Considering the level of far future technology involved, the Sentinels might not be out for the count yet and will simply reboot.

Meanwhile the effect on basicly all regular computer systems in the area of effect regarding the EMP would be permanent and devestating (an EMP would erase the entire OS). By 1990's a lot of the modern infrastructure, from city management, businesses, communication and industry, where allready heavily relying on such computers.

Incredible Member

Based on the cameo’s we’ve gotten the last 2 weeks and everything that’s happening with sentinels and magneto, i wonder how involved the other marvel characters will be in the last two episodes.

This was a really great episode. The animation is soooo good and the stakes keep getting higher. The cameos were cute, TAS used to do that as well. I was more excited about seeing Lorna and Rachel in the future.

A few points:

Kurt being protective of Rogue is so enderaring. His talk with Jean about found families was kinda cliché, but really well done. That's what the X-Men are about, afterall.

Val just being Val, a human who realizes Magneto was right was a bigger twist than her being Mystique, so kudos.

Trish being a Prime Sentinel was kinda heartbreaking, but Logan did not.care.at.all lol

Speaking of which, loved seeing Wolvie finally shine in action scenes (his duo with Kurt was EFFING GREAT), but, honestly, I miss when he was actually part of the story in a relevant way, getting emotional beats just like the others.

Lastly, I feel like DeMayo did Storm dirty for Jean to shine, but that's just my speculative mind lol. I still think he's KILLING with this show.

Old Lady Polaris made me smile, she looked like she was doing something global... Also great to see Askani.

Also... I cannot believe they pulled out DARIA!
    Queen of Mutants, Mistress of Magnetism, Magnetrix and the MII, Pestilence of the Horsemen of Apocalypse, the Krakoan Oracle and creator of the Sanctus Sacrum Tournament Key, the Threshold Seed Shaper, Brood Queen of the Fall of the House of X, Lorna Sally Dane, Ph.D., of the House of M, Polaris of the X-Men

Quote Originally Posted by GoingGreen View Post
    Old Lady Polaris made me smile, she looked like she was doing something global... Also great to see Askani.

Also... I cannot believe they pulled out DARIA!
    I loved seeing Daria, such a deep cut.

Shame there was no space for Iceman or Cecilia.

Spectacular Member mattsarchamp's Avatar

What an amazing episode! Aside from Wolverine's adamantium extraction, maybe the mind blasting of Magneto by Prof X may happen.

Screenshot_20240501_212556_CDisplayEx.jpg

And then, ONSLAUGHT. For the upcoming seasons. Can't wait.
    Peerless and Fearless

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    I loved seeing Daria, such a deep cut.

Shame there was no space for Iceman or Cecilia.
    Is it? It is are going to adapt OZT, that’s her story and I’d expect to see her at the least cameo