Page 824 of 1455 FirstFirst ... 3247247748148208218228238248258268278288348749241324 ... LastLast
Results 12,346 to 12,360 of 21811

Quote Originally Posted by comicboy12 View Post
    I dunno why people like the Hellfire club so much. Aren't they just a bunch of rich twats?
    Pretty much. Evil rich twats with a lot of power and influence over geopolitical events. Which makes them interesting villains. At least IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    I wonder what is in that tea that made her go hmmm
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Pretty much. Evil rich twats with a lot of power and influence over geopolitical events. Which makes them interesting villains. At least IMO.
    Oh absofokenlutely!!! These stories would be so tragically tedious and phenomenally boring if the villains weren't so interesting.
    The X-Men heroes boinking each other is not enough to hold anyone's interest for long.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by comicboy12 View Post
    I dunno why people like the Hellfire club so much. Aren't they just a bunch of rich twats?
    A fetish for wearing old clothes that increase certain private parts

I must say though...Emma does not strike me as a tea drinker.
    Maybe it was offered, and she only accepted so as not to seem rude and inhospitable.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Maybe it was offered, and she only accepted so as not to seem rude and inhospitable.
    She has her airs, but she can’t really have class as she tries too hard.

Sorry, Channeling my inner Elizabeth Braddock.

For those not in the UK, class is a very strange thing over here, people in the social strata of the Braddock’s look down on the Royal Family as their breeding isn’t good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Always hated that outfit. It just looks so goofy by modern standards.
    Nothing Emma wears could ever be goofy.

True, my brain did not register it as tea cup at first because I’m so used to seeing her with a wine glass in hand.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    There seem to be two main appeals behind such villain characters. Either to see them getting taken down a notch or otherwise interrupted in their plans eventualy, preferably with some of their riches getting taken away, or the fun in the fantasy of being a rich twat who doesn't have to give a damn about social norms or decency while living in splendor and decadence.
    The later especialy when they are always acting hammy and so openly villanous that it looks enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    For those not in the UK, class is a very strange thing over here, people in the social strata of the Braddock’s look down on the Royal Family as their breeding isn’t good enough.
    Because of the strong german heritage in both Elizabeth's family (they were even named house Sachsen-Coburg and Gotha until WW1) and her husband's (Mountbatten originating from the Battenberg family)?

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Because of the strong german heritage in both Elizabeth's family (they were even named house Sachsen-Coburg and Gotha until WW1) and her husband's (Mountbatten originating from the Battenberg family)?
    That was a huge part of it, their pedigree just couldn’t match some of the family’s bloodlines.

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    She has her airs, but she can’t really have class as she tries too hard.

Sorry, Channeling my inner Elizabeth Braddock.

Are you really painting a picture of the UK or are you painting a picture of what Americans think the UK is like? For those not in the UK being inbred is now frowned upon. People look down on those in the Braddocks social strata because their families were responsible for slavery, colonialism and have made their wealth off the backs of the working class. The most popular newspapers are tabloids, your football clubs are foreign owned, the wealthiest people are foreign or are 2nd generation. The blue blood families who are now dependent on foreign interests to spare them some pennies make a show of themselves on the political landscape. That era of white colonial britishness is dead and has been dying for a very long time.

In this day an age a reimagined Betsy Braddock would be Vicky Pollard.

As for the Royal family they are looked upon as welfare queens by half the population and the other half worship them indirectly via tabloids

If we are talking British characters with class you're probably left with Faiza Hussain and thats down to innate personality
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 03-01-2021 at 05:04 PM.

Gen X and Whedons Unstoppable arc
    Attached Images Attached Images

In Gen X she was only trying it out to see if it will go with her new "straight and narrow " image. It was a passing phase.
    In Whedon's book...it was solely to impress Kitty...and it failed.
    I'm sure she was rinsing out her mouth with Crystal, in her quarters.
    LOLOLOL.

In Gen X she was only trying it out to see if it will go with her new "straight and narrow " image. It was a passing phase.
    In Whedon's book...it was solely to impress Kitty...and it failed.
    I'm sure she was rinsing out her mouth with Crystal, in her quarters.
    LOLOLOL.
    More recent one

She might have been possessed or an Emma from an alternate universe.

She drinks coffee too, I looked through White Tiger #4 and Heralds to see what she was drinking there but its difficult to tell

Found another
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 03-01-2021 at 05:25 PM.