Page 1449 of 1489 FirstFirst ... 4499491349139914391445144614471448144914501451145214531459 ... LastLast
Results 21,721 to 21,735 of 22327

I’m really enjoying his art. Has a vibrant, fun vibe to it.

Looking forward to seeing more from Marquez based on his character sketches.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    His wide-angle landscape panels looked gorgeous but I'm really not feeling those Stegman character pencils. Why do they all have the same little button noses, FFS? They are three different women of different ages and ethnicities.
    Every artist has their facial flourishes and signatures. For example, Mahmud Asrar always makes a squiggle on every character's chin that looks like they are drooling. Pepe Larraz rarely draws the whites of eyes on characters, Russell Dauterman puts eyelashes on every character, even the males, Josh Cassara's character eyes are always far apart, etc . Those "button" noses are Stegman's style of nose for female characters.

If you go back to Jim Lee's style, all his female faces looked the same too.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    I think that Oya's (not gonna call her Temper, what a dumb and unnecesary name change) design would look better without those color hair locks, that makes her look like the bootleg version of the bride of frankenstein.
    Not gonna lie, I always hated the afro on Oya, and don't like that it became her main hairstyle. I always liked the perm or whatever she used to have. It was cute and way more distinct.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Nycroft View Post
    Every artist has their facial flourishes and signatures. For example, Mahmud Asrar always makes a squiggle on every character's chin that looks like they are drooling. Pepe Larraz rarely draws the whites of eyes on characters, Russell Dauterman puts eyelashes on every character, even the males, Josh Cassara's character eyes are always far apart, etc . Those "button" noses are Stegman's style of nose for female characters.

I think Dauterman does a good job differentiating characters' faces. One detail like drawing eyelashes doesn't make it same face syndrome.

Man, Whilce Portacio is very hit or miss with me. That Cable #1 cover he did for the current mini series was fire, but the rest of the covers have been messy IMO. Same with this one, but regardless here it is...

“Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I first thought it WAS Lorna, then I remembered that it was probably Psylocke.
    Yeah, Kwannon didn't dress the same way Betsy does

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I think Dauterman does a good job differentiating characters' faces. One detail like drawing eyelashes doesn't make it same face syndrome.
    I agree. With him you don't have a "light haired white guy" syndrome: you can tell Scott, Alex, Warren and Bobby apart even by looking only at their faces. (same for the girls, obvs).
    First Warren in Dark X-Men #1, and then Genis-Vell in Captain Marvel #1. Seriously, Marvel?!
    Avatar reflecting my mood. I couldn't stand the sunny high-flying Angel one anymore.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Nycroft View Post

You clearly missed my point, but that's okies.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I wish they’d at least use Illyana’s newer yellow costume instead if that black one… Kitty finally got out of that moth eaten yellow and blue X-men uniform. Time to give Illyana something new and fresh.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    I wish they’d at least use Illyana’s newer yellow costume instead if that black one… Kitty finally got out of that moth eaten yellow and blue X-men uniform. Time to give Illyana something new and fresh.
    I also loved Magik's new costume during the Krakoa era. I'm also pissed by the huge downgrade of Kitty's costume in the new era. The ninja costume or her costume during her time in the Marauders were great. I just feel that they put her in a blue potato sack.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    I also loved Magik's new costume during the Krakoa era. I'm also pissed by the huge downgrade of Kitty's costume in the new era. The ninja costume or her costume during her time in the Marauders were great. I just feel that they put her in a blue potato sack.
    Love the term whahaha. But yeah, the ninja outfit or the Marauder outfit were way better and unique.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    I agree especially because her recent costume change was part of her actual story. I've always liked the black one but it felt time to move on to something new. Ah well.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I'd recolor the yellow portions as purple and the gold as silver or black. Her last Krakoa look was 50 shades of yellow.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    I agree especially because her recent costume change was part of her actual story. I've always liked the black one but it felt time to move on to something new. Ah well.
    Exactatiously.

And I would have loved to see a more streamlined version of Kate'c current Ninja look with hood and mask.

While it is too early to tell, certain editorial decisions seem like a forced edict to separate From the Ashes from the Krakoa era when ideally it should have been seeing what works/worked and how they could adapt and develop it further to show a forward direction and momentum for both the stories and characters...instead of falling back on what was "popular" before Krakoa. "Back to basics" doesn't mean "Stepping backward".
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 03-25-2024 at 09:10 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Mighty Member

Magik was always going back to the black outfit because It's by far her most popular outfit and because her new one was just the Black... BUT MAKE IT YELLOW

It wasn't visually distinct enough from the previous outfit and just was considered an inferior variation.

Basically Don't give Jean the phoenix outfit in White and then be surprised that people go back to the classic green