Page 543 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 434434935335395405415425435445455465475535936431043 ... LastLast
Results 8,131 to 8,145 of 22254
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Just because Kitty is dead doesn't mean this is not Gold.
    I hate Kate even when well written, and this is most def NOT Gold. Only ONE issue has pushed her above others, and she died that same issue, so that evens out for me. She can continue being pushed as a central character but Duggan needs to push other characters too (why is Storm still napping?). For example, the issue Kate was hated in was an issue where Iceman almost died in ice form from a sword. If that scene hadn't happened, Kate would've gotten less hate. Unfortunately, a lot of her writers grew up having crushes on her and seeing her as perfect and that adds to her unlikeable nature.

I did not expect Kate to be out this long, I'm sad now
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Great art but Bummer on the Kate death. I was actually really enjoying her. Hope she comes back soon.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Great art but Bummer on the Kate death. I was actually really enjoying her. Hope she comes back soon.
    I've been seeing this said a lot. So, our Kitty/Kate (616) actually died? I mean really died?

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

*slaps head* Wait. This is Marvel. Of course she isn't "really" dead. Whats the matta with me?

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    She'll be back. She's Kitty Pryde. She's too popular to keep dead, especially at a time when so many other mutants are coming back from the dead.

Or it could just be a ruse. Covers have been known to do that in the past. Anyone remember this?
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Ruse or not, and regardless of Kitty's inevitable return in due time, I had hoped the resurrection protocols would force writers to come up with means to generate tension other than relying on the gimmick of teasing a character's death.

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    I hate Kate even when well written, and this is most def NOT Gold. Only ONE issue has pushed her above others, and she died that same issue, so that evens out for me. She can continue being pushed as a central character but Duggan needs to push other characters too (why is Storm still napping?). For example, the issue Kate was hated in was an issue where Iceman almost died in ice form from a sword. If that scene hadn't happened, Kate would've gotten less hate. Unfortunately, a lot of her writers grew up having crushes on her and seeing her as perfect and that adds to her unlikeable nature.
    It wasn't only one issue, other issue she also defeated the bad guys

BANNED

and shes pratically the only one using her powers to her full extent, to be a total "badass yass queen" and the leader, and the main focus of any internal development, and the one elevated to a status she quite honestly doesnt deserve.

Mighty Member

Why would any of the other Marauders need to use their powers to their full extent? Storm proves rather consistently that most villains she can drop with one move.

It's not like they're going up against Sentinel Prime or the Shi'ar or something.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

I wonder if Kate's death is one of the reasons we see X-Factor begin investigating deaths?

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I wonder if Kate's death is one of the reasons we see X-Factor begin investigating deaths?
    ooooh GOOD CALL!!

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Oh now you have me wondering if the images we saw of the girl strapped to a seat drowning was a bait and switch and will change to Kate in the previews.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    ooooh GOOD CALL!!
    I mean it makes sense timing wise, and with Rachel being on the team you know she's going to leave no stone unturned to figure out how Kate died. Plus she can bring up their final images. If Shaw hasn't been found out by that point, he would be.

BANNED

i love these new costumES SO MUCH