Page 825 of 1453 FirstFirst ... 3257257758158218228238248258268278288298358759251325 ... LastLast
Results 12,361 to 12,375 of 21793
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    In Gen X she was only trying it out to see if it will go with her new "straight and narrow " image. It was a passing phase.
    In Whedon's book...it was solely to impress Kitty...and it failed.
    I'm sure she was rinsing out her mouth with Crystal, in her quarters.
    This got me to imagine how many Morlocks might have an appriciation and culture for tea, because it was easier to brew and acquire (read steal/salvage) down in the tunnels than coffee. So when Emma tries to throw a fancy tea party in order to look classy the only mutants who show up are Morlocks, Mastermind and Mister Sinister.

Heres another one, they all drink tea here, we only find out what they're drinking from the quote

I should bring back the mutant treasure hunt thread
    Attached Images Attached Images

This one is from Young Allies 6, I'm pretty sure chai latte is black tea leaves...so not sure why its called a coffee there
    I'm sure there's more I just have to meditate on it
    Attached Images Attached Images

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MAR420X View Post

x-men 19 store vairant
    People talk about class on here and the HFC. I used to think they were cool but didn't really like them as people. I think the only thing that made me feel they could be made sympathetic was Claremont (Classic back-up story as an example) Though people may not be looking for this in characters like the HFC. Back to CC... He had those like Magneto point out their materialism at times just to reign them in. He felt mutants and their rights were more important and it seemed they were more about the right for mutants to keep or attain wealth before they decided Emma to be written with feelings. But that pin-up to me just drives home Marvels love affair since Morrison with that decadence and they do it too much I think. I don't always want to see a rich lady sitting on her thrown when we discuss the plight of marginalized people at the same time. I think we should see Emma in the super heroics more often instead and posing like one, that may not sound good to some. Not singling out the poster because that is still a very well done peice of art.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 03-01-2021 at 06:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    People talk about class on here and the HFC. I used to think they were cool but didn't really like them as people. I think the only thing that made me feel they could be made sympathetic was Claremont (Classic back-up story as an example) Though people may not be looking for this in characters like the HFC. Back to CC... He had those like Magneto point out their materialism at times just to reign them in. He felt mutants and their rights were more important and it seemed they were more about the right for mutants to keep or attain wealth before Emma decided to be written with feelings. But that pin-up to me just drives home Marvels love affair since Morrison with that decadence and they do it too much I think. I don't always want to see a rich lady sitting on her thrown when we discuss the plight of marginalized people at the same time. I think we should see Emma in the super heroics more often instead and posing like one, that may not sound good to some. Not singling out the poster because that is still a very well done peice of art.
    I think the chair with just the cloak drapped over it would have made a better cover.

Any way I hope Mercedes gets an invite along with Lourdes
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 03-01-2021 at 06:14 PM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Emma has been on the side of the X-heroes (albeit with her own way of doing things) since...Generation X 1994, officially.
    The head of the HTC today is very far-removed from the lingerie-wearing villain in that artwork.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by MAR420X View Post

x-men 19 store vairant
    Worthy of a queen.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Are you really painting a picture of the UK or are you painting a picture of what Americans think the UK is like? For those not in the UK being inbred is now frowned upon. People look down on those in the Braddocks social strata because their families were responsible for slavery, colonialism and have made their wealth off the backs of the working class. The most popular newspapers are tabloids, your football clubs are foreign owned, the wealthiest people are foreign or are 2nd generation. The blue blood families who are now dependent on foreign interests to spare them some pennies make a show of themselves on the political landscape. That era of white colonial britishness is dead and has been dying for a very long time.

In this day an age a reimagined Betsy Braddock would be Vicky Pollard.

As for the Royal family they are looked upon as welfare queens by half the population and the other half worship them indirectly via tabloids

If we are talking British characters with class you're probably left with Faiza Hussain and thats down to innate personality
    Very nicely put. I'm certainly hopeful that the British class system has had its day, but those in the so called upper classes are desperately trying to hang on by trying to completely remove the country entirely from the world stage and rule over a bunch of insular racists. To a great extent it's kind of working for them.

Also hopefully we're in the final days of the discredited monarchy as well, particularly as more and more things come out about some of the senior members of the family.

That whole colonial Britishness really needs to be consigned to the dustbin of history, we need to own up and admit what it caused, apologise for it and try to make our way back to some semblance of respectability on the world stage.

Just at the moment we're a global laughing stock.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Big Joe View Post
    Very nicely put. I'm certainly hopeful that the British class system has had its day, but those in the so called upper classes are desperately trying to hang on by trying to completely remove the country entirely from the world stage and rule over a bunch of insular racists. To a great extent it's kind of working for them.

Also hopefully we're in the final days of the discredited monarchy as well, particularly as more and more things come out about some of the senior members of the family.

That whole colonial Britishness really needs to be consigned to the dustbin of history, we need to own up and admit what it caused, apologise for it and try to make our way back to some semblance of respectability on the world stage.

Watching the pig-buggering Etonions in Number 10 pushing through Brexshit has not been an edifying experience.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    Watching the pig-buggering Etonions in Number 10 pushing through Brexshit has not been an edifying experience.
    Again you're right, it's been, and continues to be, excruciating. I have to say that re-sharing things I posted on social media 5 years ago is quite telling. I'm an accountant, and was quite concerned about imports and exports of perishable foods. The numbers of people who commented things like "project fear" on some of those posts are remarkably quiet when I post them again.

But I have to say it's absolutely remarkable quite how much of a mess they've made of it. Also almost unbelievable how badly they've handled the whole pandemic, not just in terms of deaths, but also economically.

My major worry, though, for the future of the UK, is that the country is becoming horribly splintered, and intolerance is really becoming more mainstream and acceptable.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Again you're right, it's been, and continues to be, excruciating. I have to say that re-sharing things I posted on social media 5 years ago is quite telling. I'm an accountant, and was quite concerned about imports and exports of perishable foods. The numbers of people who commented things like "project fear" on some of those posts are remarkably quiet when I post them again.

But I have to say it's absolutely remarkable quite how much of a mess they've made of it. Also almost unbelievable how badly they've handled the whole pandemic, not just in terms of deaths, but also economically.

My major worry, though, for the future of the UK, is that the country is becoming horribly splintered, and intolerance is really becoming more mainstream and acceptable.
    X-canon is just so huge and so complicated, it must be incredibly daunting to take it on.
    It also astounds me that Marvel don’t appear to have a ‘bible’ for the creators and editorial staff to refer to.

The new Adam Curtis documentary series ‘Can’t get you out of my head’ paints a very good picture of this classist British psyche - one that has structured its moral goodness or properness off the backs of Empire, and now that it has crumbled, have become a stereotype of themselves.

I’m an Australian living in London and have also lived in the US, and can thoroughly say that the UK has one of the strangest psyches I’ve come across, especially when compared to a foreigners expectations of what Britishness is due to their soft power narrative production. The UK is a scared and reserved country with old money of the centuries and new money in the southern Thatcherite boom which both work towards suffocating any working class solidarity. This is an X-Men forum, so I’ll leave it brief. But anyone who has ever been penniless in the UK can probably relate to this countries incongruity with how we perceive it’s media presentation.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spit and Syntax View Post
    The new Adam Curtis documentary series ‘Can’t get you out of my head’ paints a very good picture of this classist British psyche - one that has structured its moral goodness or properness off the backs of Empire, and now that it has crumbled, have become a stereotype of themselves.

I’m an Australian living in London and have also lived in the US, and can thoroughly say that the UK has one of the strangest psyches I’ve come across, especially when compared to a foreigners expectations of what Britishness is due to their soft power narrative production. The UK is a scared and reserved country with old money of the centuries and new money in the southern Thatcherite boom which both work towards suffocating any working class solidarity. This is an X-Men forum, so I’ll leave it brief. But anyone who has ever been penniless in the UK can probably relate to this countries incongruity with how we perceive it’s media presentation.
    As someone ignorant to all of this, your responses have been much appreciated for this one lowly American.

Amazing Member

People talk about class on here and the HFC. I used to think they were cool but didn't really like them as people. I think the only thing that made me feel they could be made sympathetic was Claremont (Classic back-up story as an example) Though people may not be looking for this in characters like the HFC. Back to CC... He had those like Magneto point out their materialism at times just to reign them in. He felt mutants and their rights were more important and it seemed they were more about the right for mutants to keep or attain wealth before they decided Emma to be written with feelings. But that pin-up to me just drives home Marvels love affair since Morrison with that decadence and they do it too much I think. I don't always want to see a rich lady sitting on her thrown when we discuss the plight of marginalized people at the same time. I think we should see Emma in the super heroics more often instead and posing like one, that may not sound good to some. Not singling out the poster because that is still a very well done peice of art.
    Unfortunately, I feel like all the upper class elitism nonsense has only gotten much more obnoxious since Krakoa.

The X-Men have royalty and gods among their ranks, there is a large difference between rank-and-file mutants and the X-Men. Look at all the extremely well-off people who live decadent lifestyles and claim to speak for the marginalized in our own world. Look at all the people who claim to be fighting for the environment, claiming to literally be fighting to hold off an imminent environmental apocalypse, while living excessive lifestyles that are very harmful to the environment(and saying it's okay because they are purchasing carbon offsets), while demanding that the comparatively poor make actual significant sacrifices.

The X-Men and related groups have spent most of their years fighting 'oppression' from a mansion and assorted private islands, don't expect things to change now.