Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
His intent was construed as being disrespectful, by some. There's a difference.

I did not see it as disrespectful.

Yes, people should know better...that not every twitter infraction is cancel worthy, no matter how much you disagree with it.
Absolute majority thought it wasn't respectiful and himself deleted the tweet.

There is nothing worthy of defending there

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
People need to develop thicker skin. Everyone is not going to agree with you all the time. And that’s okay. If you find that hurtful, well, it’s not meant to be. Maybe unplug for a minute, take a walk, and the offending point of view won’t matter so much if put in perspective. This guy is from a different country, with a different culture, maybe not quite as enlightened as you think he should be on this topic. Okay. Perhaps some folks can engage him in dialogue rather than social media “torches and pitchfork” behavior and change his perspective. That’s how this used to work, once upon a time. I really hope Marvel doesn’t boot him. His art is fantastic IMO. And that’s all that matters to me. I don’t give a crap what this guy thinks in his private life... within reason obviously (if he advocates for molesting children and cannibalism I think that would be a problem, for example).

Remember when it was okay to just not know what everyone thought on every issue under the sun? Good times. If creators were smart, they’d abandon social media with the quickness and find other ways to share their art with their fans and promote their work. It’s getting too risky out there to engage with fans because someone is always going to find something to be offended by unless you just say only what it is you know they want to hear, in which case why bother.
Thicker skin?

so people talk lies and wrong things and I have to let it go?