Page 56 of 1488 FirstFirst ... 646525354555657585960661061565561056 ... LastLast
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    Why couldn't you see Jimmy being around if Jimmy is around? All Jimmy really needs is to be given some direction that's not just "logan jr"
    I think it's an acumulation of various problems
    1- many people are tired of AU or copy characters even if they are versions of characters they love like jean or scott. Having many people from other universes cheapens the originals, lowes the stakes and probably blocks other original characters from development.
    2- Too many wolverines. Logan is cool, so is Laura, Daken,Gabby maybe even jimmy too( i dont like him but i can give him the benefit of the doubt). the problem is that you can only use the same cool thing a number of times before it becomes redundant. While Laura, Daken and Gabby are diverse It doesn't help that for the moment jimmy has been just a young copy of logan ( maybe on the ultimate universe was different but is how it feels in blue)
    3- the love triangle. it was bad the first time and damaged all the characters involved to this day. we really didn't need that again, especially with not-really-Logan. it cheapens all the relationships. Logan, Jean and Scott deserve better than that.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    Why couldn't you see Jimmy being around if Jimmy is around? All Jimmy really needs is to be given some direction that's not just "logan jr"
    The thing with jimmy is out side of the mother vine plot and the love parallelogram with 05 scott, jean, and blood storm he hasn't really done anything eye catching yet. And when Logan comes back if how marvel treats OML compart to Laura is a indication the wolverine kids will probably be sidelined for him. Theres going to be far too many wolverine soon, some will have to go and as it is now Jimmy and blood storm heading back to the wastland with OML is all i can see happing to him.If jimmy is going to stay Bunn needs to pull some serious developments for him and doing that before logan comes back is going to be a challanges(I'm still betting on Logan's returing being in may with a infinity war tie in crossover with guardians of the galaxy)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I think it's an accumulation of various problems
    1- many people are tired of AU or copy characters even if they are versions of characters they love like Jean or Scott. Having many people from other universes cheapens the originals, lowes the stakes and probably blocks other original characters from development.
    2- Too many Wolverines. Logan is cool, so is Laura, Daken, Gabby maybe even Jimmy too (I don't like him but I can give him the benefit of the doubt). the problem is that you can only use the same cool thing a number of times before it becomes redundant. While Laura, Daken, and Gabby are diverse It doesn't help that for the moment Jimmy has been just a young copy of logan ( maybe in the ultimate universe was different but is how it feels in blue)
    3- the love triangle. it was bad the first time and damaged all the characters involved to this day. we really didn't need that again, especially with not-really-Logan. it cheapens all the relationships. Logan, Jean, and Scott deserve better than that.
    1. Absolutely. Bringing in duplicates cheapens the narrative. For Wolverines death, it lessened the blow because within a short period of time we had multiple characters stepping up to fill the void, most notably Old Man Logan, who has been on multiple books and had various cameos. It lowers the stakes because no matter what happens they're not 'our characters'. And yes, instead of other characters getting time to shine, somebody else is given the same role. Again using Old Man Logan as an example, who is on X-Men Gold, Weapon X, and Astonishing X-Men right now, we could have had other characters in their place.

2. Couldn't agree more. In addition to those mentioned, there's still a semi-heroic Sabretooth + Raze Darkholme and General James Howlett are out there somewhere. Way too many Wolverine associated characters with claws. If the characters don't really feel original or unique, it's harder to become invested. This is particularly apparent with Jimmy.

3. Love triangles are overrated anyhow, but we really really don't need a rehash of past stories. Why revive something that's been and gone? It just feels like a cheap mimicry, given it's not even the characters we know and love.

Edit: and lets not forget the abombination that is the Hulk/Wolverine hybrid: Weapon H
    Last edited by King_Thor13; 10-31-2017 at 10:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Artist was really inspired by this.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Artist was really inspired by this.

Who WOULDN'T be inspired by the greatest of all time?

BANNED

Gambit & Rogue <3 <3

Still on the fence about picking up the Gambit and Rogue series as singles, but dang. That art is doing a lot to sway me.

BANNED

Already posted in the X-23 thread, but another from Orphans of X:

Cabal's faces have been a little funky here and there, and Laura's mom bun and button-down in #25 were just...wrong. But I LOVE his creative use of objects as panels, IE the windows/floor tiles in the Facility, or Sarah's coffee mug. Now it looks like he's playing with Laura's claws.

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    Gambit & Rogue <3 <3

It is a cool pic from issue #2.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Just some pages from future Weapon X #12
    WEAPONX2017012001.jpg
    WEAPX2017012005_col.jpg
    Tease2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Already posted in the X-23 thread, but another from Orphans of X:

Cabal's faces have been a little funky here and there, and Laura's mom bun and button-down in #25 were just...wrong. But I LOVE his creative use of objects as panels, IE the windows/floor tiles in the Facility, or Sarah's coffee mug. Now it looks like he's playing with Laura's claws.
    Is that supposed to be Old Man Logan on the floor?

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Just some pages from future Weapon X #12
    WEAPONX2017012001.jpg
    WEAPX2017012005_col.jpg
    Tease2.jpg
    At least the art is getting better!

BANNED

Gambit looks like he's wearing a jockstrap.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Weather View Post
    At least the art is getting better!
    Agreed. It's one prop I am willing to give the series. Then again, bad as it's been, I would even say Greg Land was one of the better parts of it. lol