Page 410 of 1478 FirstFirst ... 3103604004064074084094104114124134144204605109101410 ... LastLast
Results 6,136 to 6,150 of 22162
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I don't know why it is okay to bash Wolverine for every mini, cameo, solo or crossover he is in. Imagine bashing other characters for the same.
    As said before he isn't taking anything from anybody. If he didn't appeared in those minis, oneshot, etc. Nobody would, that wouldn't automatically give other character more spotlight.
    So Wolverine getting this oneshot with Cap didn't affect any other character. So why hate this?
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 06-13-2019 at 06:37 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I don't know why it is okay to bash Wolverine for every mini, cameo, solo or crossover he is in. Imagine bashing other characters for the same.
    As said before he isn't taking anything from anybody. If he didn't appeared in those minis, oneshot, etc. Nobody would that wouldn't automatically give other character more spotlight.
    So Wolverine getting this oneshot with Cap didn't affect any other character. So why hate this?
    Because they hate Logan, that's the only justification they need.

BANNED

more Wolverine comics are a good thing, I can't wait for Old man to finally be done and Soule to be gone all together so they could launch more Wolverine series like a Logan +Kitty, Jubilee and Laura series or a Wolverine/Spider-Man team-up

So let me say something quick about Wolverine.

From what I see in my POV, the problem isn't "Wolverine gets to do things, how dare he." The problem is that it's a vivid demonstration of how Marvel can do such things for him, but apparently can't do it for countless other characters that need similar things far more.

Marvel makes excuses. For example, saying certain characters can't be part of an event cause they're not an A-lister or B-lister, even though they have a huge stake in what's going on. Yet here's Wolverine, all over the place, sometimes put into roles where he doesn't fit at all. Just because his heavy use in the past turned him into a household name. If they can do that for Wolverine, why can't they spare some resources to set things right for characters who have been horribly depicted, or who have huge dangling plotpoints that haven't been addressed in over a decade?

I think some people have these feelings and unfairly malign the character himself. But there's a deeper justified core to their feelings that gets lost in the way they end up expressing it.

I can tell you that before I discovered Polaris, when I hardly bothered much with X-Men (certainly didn't talk about it online), I deliberately avoided the Wolverine and the X-Men cartoon because I didn't like how it seemed to put Wolverine above the franchise that made him. It was only when I found out Lorna was in it that I watched and enjoyed the show.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    cbr has spoken

unleash the solo glob content
    Glob team books please. Glob, Old Man Glob, Globpool, AoA Glob, X-Baby Glob.

"putting Wolverine in a title is good because it helps raise the profiles of lesser known characters"

How'd that work out for Wolfsbane and Chamber?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    "putting Wolverine in a title is good because it helps raise the profiles of lesser known characters"

How'd that work out for Wolfsbane and Chamber?
    Without Wolvie no one would have even read their deaths.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    A good argument for Wolverine overexposure: now more people can see your favorite characters die.

No one would’ve read Uncanny X-Men because Wolverine wasn’t in it?

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I guess no one was reading Disassembled.

Although to be fair I wish I hadn't

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    As said before he isn't taking anything from anybody. If he didn't appeared in those minis, oneshot, etc. Nobody would, that wouldn't automatically give other character more spotlight.
    Who is hating it?
    People are just warning about Wolverine oversaturation

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    Whenever they do something that genuinely would change things, they eventually revert back to old models that cater to their nostalgia. Genosha is case in point. A mutant nation was a huge deal, then they wiped it out and never tried to rebuild Genosha itself. Just followed a cycle of abandon and repeat with things like Utopia. In the extremely off chance that what Hickman does actually revolutionizes X-Men, the bulk of it isn't going to last.
    The best things from Morrison run were scrapped; so who knows if these Hickman concepts gonna survive

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    A good argument for Wolverine overexposure: now more people can see your favorite characters die.
    And see them nerfed for his convenience.

Rahne's Death.
    Something used so we can see Logan react like a drama queen with someone he's hardly interacted with in ages. He's reacting more to that than Jubilee & Kitty supposedly being dead.

And Chamber got hate for not caring for Shogo, but Hell Wolverine didn't wanna take him in either when he was drunk & getting into bar fights.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    The best things from Morrison run were scrapped; so who knows if these Hickman concepts gonna survive
    Maybe in 2034, we'll get a Seminal Moments short about House of X#1 with the Marvel writers and employees saying how much they loved that.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    A lot less people. Take Cyclops out after that. The rest of that cast. Stinker city.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

A lot less people. Take Cyclops out after that. The rest of that cast. Stinker city.
    Even with them in it, the book isn't exactly selling like hotcakes. They ain't Batman. The last chapters weren't even top 20 in the sales estimates.