Page 411 of 1481 FirstFirst ... 3113614014074084094104114124134144154214615119111411 ... LastLast
Results 6,151 to 6,165 of 22207

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    A lot less people. Take Cyclops out after that. The rest of that cast. Stinker city.
    Uncanny was doing well without these two. I see no big difference on sales

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Even with them in it, the book isn't exactly selling like hotcakes. It ain't DC's Batman. The last chapters weren't even top 20 in the sales estimates.
    And that brings it right back to the beginning of this tangent: Marvel has not learned that they can't just throw Wolverine in a bunch of books anymore.

BANNED

In fairness, Wolverine did raise the profiles of a bunch of terrible characters in Aaron's Wolverine and the X-Men.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Even with them in it, the book isn't exactly selling like hotcakes. It ain't DC's Batman. The last chapters weren't even top 20 in the sales estimates.
    The first issues sold well, but once the rest of the solicits begun to appear and the issues begun to be released, and people were seeing that it was more of the same extinction crap, and also that it wouldn't matter much in the long run, so they dropped it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Well, the first 10 issues had literally everyone who isn't in it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    The first issues sold well, but once the rest of the solicits begun to appear and the issues begun to be released, and people were seeing that it was more of the same extinction crap, and also that it wouldn't matter much in the long run, so they dropped it.
    Marvel did lots of promotion, it had nothing to do with fan reception

Can't really compare since Disassembled was promoted as an event that was going to change things a lot (HA!) and also featured essentially every X-man out there but those two.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    In fairness, Wolverine did raise the profiles of a bunch of terrible characters in Aaron's Wolverine and the X-Men.
    Ah, the Marvel Universe without Quentin Quire, Kid Gladiator and a Toad/Husk romance. Good times.

When it was the only book people could buy, now look at all the other characters together on Age of Flop, they aren't doing that great aren't they?
    LoL, complaining about Wolverine star power when he is one of only X-men with any left

Can't really compare since Disassembled was promoted as an event that was going to change things a lot (HA!) and also featured essentially every X-man out there but those two.
    Well for me it is good enough to compare. It had lots of characters but not everyone showed up or had any good panel time

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Ah, the Marvel Universe without Quentin Quire, Kid Gladiator and a Toad/Husk romance. Good times.
    And without the Sabretooth/Mystique pairing trash he gave us that we now can't get rid of. Screw Aaron for that ****! Least Toad x Husk is over and nobody is bringing that back up. Compared to Creed who's not allowed to be anywhere without Mystique. Another reason I didn't want him reverted because I knew they were gonna push that mess again.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 06-13-2019 at 07:41 PM.

Without Wolvie no one would have even read their deaths.
    Reading deaths is... a good thing? Fans are supposed to be glad that Wolverine was there for the moment when something they love gets thrown away needlessly for the benefit of everything except what they love?

The best things from Morrison run were scrapped; so who knows if these Hickman concepts gonna survive
    I mean, Morrison ended his work with Lorna having survived the Genoshan genocide, horribly traumatized, and Marvel hasn't acknowledged it in over 15 years. Despite how something like that is so devastatingly powerful that it's absurd and insulting how Marvel pretends it never happened. That gives you a good metric right there of how little Hickman's work is going to matter or last in the long view.

Edit: A little reminder.

Last edited by salarta; 06-13-2019 at 07:41 PM.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by fsger View Post
    When it was the only book people could buy, now look at all the other characters together on Age of Flop, they aren't doing that great aren't they?
    LoL, complaining about Wolverine star power when he is one of only X-men with any left
    I don't think Wolverine has the star power that he once had

Well for me it is good enough to compare. It had lots of characters but not everyone showed up or had any good panel time
    But people didn't knew that about Disassembled when they bought. It was: 1) The only X-book; 2) Supposed to feature everyone. All the X-men in one book are more popular than Cyclops and Wolverine in a line with more than half a dozen ones (even if it's mostly AU crap).

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I guess no one was reading Disassembled.

Although to be fair I wish I hadn't
    Gather around, CBR. Time to get hit with a neuralyzer.

A lot less people. Take Cyclops out after that. The rest of that cast. Stinker city.
    At about what number do readers go from less to not mattering at all? No one is saying that Wolverine isn't a draw, but Uncanny wasn't going to flop without Logan or Scott. The only Disassembled issue to hit under 50,000 was #9 and Uncanny's been sinking under that with their two blockbuster characters since #14.