X-Men #20 variant by Tiago da Silva

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

Judging by the numbers of variant covers they either believe that X-23 will draw in a lot of buyers (which is fair enough given the character still carries some prestige) or they want to inflate the sales into looking more successfull than they would normaly be with them (wanting to prop up Laura more).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Judging by the numbers of variant covers they either believe that X-23 will draw in a lot of buyers (which is fair enough given the character still carries some prestige) or they want to inflate the sales into looking more successfull than they would normaly be with them (wanting to prop up Laura more).
    I mean, she’s one of the only X-Men who can reliably carry a solo book.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I mean, she’s one of the only X-Men who can reliably carry a solo book.
    I was about to question "reliably" considering none of her solo series lasted longer than 2 to 3 years, but then i remembered that no X-men series sans Wolverine's own tend to live longer than that anymore (even once successfull ones like Cable and Gambit can't carry one for long anymore) because of the original decline in big two comics.

By modern standards she does reliably carry titles, since they tend to last past 12 issues.

So i can't help but simply agree.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    I was about to question "reliably" considering none of her solo series lasted longer than 2 to 3 years, but then i remembered that no X-men series sans Wolverine's own tend to live longer than that anymore (even once successfull ones like Cable and Gambit can't carry one for long anymore) because of the original decline in big two comics.

By modern standards she does reliably carry titles, since they tend to last past 12 issues.

So i can't help but simply agree.
    I mean when it comes to female lead xsolos, the lead is dazzler with 42, then it's ANW 35, liu x23 st 21, then tamaki x23 and Storms solo. She holds 3 of the top 5 spots.(this is also why the canned anw they were dazler loyalist who didn't want her to loose her crown)
    And in terms of xmen who had the longest running solo she would also be top 5. ( I think its logan, cable dazzler, laura, gambit)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    I mean when it comes to female lead xsolos, the lead is dazzler with 42, then it's ANW 35, liu x23 st 21, then tamaki x23 and Storms solo. She holds 3 of the top 5 spots.(this is also why the canned anw they were dazler loyalist who didn't want her to loose her crown)
    And in terms of xmen who had the longest running solo she would also be top 5. ( I think its logan, cable dazzler, laura, gambit)
    And ANW wasn’t cancelled for sales, but because Marvel resurrected Logan and took the mantle away.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    To be fair to other characters Marvel has barely tried to really make ongoings work for most of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    To be fair to other characters Marvel has barely tried to really make ongoings work for most of them.
    That's just the problem with how some characters were designed and utilized. Cyclops for example lives the X-Men. He has basically nothing he could claim as his own. If you wanted to give him a book that isn't just another X-Men book in disguise then you basically have to create an entirely new cast and setting for him and come up with a justification for how and why that is now a thing.
    That's not an impossible order but the benefit-cost ratio is probably not looking too good.
    Now Cyclops is an extreme example but I think it's true for many X-characters.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    That's just the problem with how some characters were designed and utilized. Cyclops for example lives the X-Men. He has basically nothing he could claim as his own. If you wanted to give him a book that isn't just another X-Men book in disguise then you basically have to create an entirely new cast and setting for him and come up with a justification for how and why that is now a thing.
    That's not an impossible order but the benefit-cost ratio is probably not looking too good.
    Now Cyclops is an extreme example but I think it's true for many X-characters.
    Scott could claim the Starjammers as a supporting cast at need but for an adult Scott you'd probably need to remove Corsair as an inciting event to jumpstart the series. Nearly everyone else Cyke has ties to that fits a comic is either on another team or dead .
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    X-Men #20 variant by Tiago da Silva

He really seems to like drawing sexy characters. Not that I'm complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Scott could claim the Starjammers as a supporting cast at need but for an adult Scott you'd probably need to remove Corsair as an inciting event to jumpstart the series. Nearly everyone else Cyke has ties to that fits a comic is either on another team or dead .
    I didn't read it but I knew that teen Cyclops had a solo away from the X-Men and I can applaud them for the effort even it was just the teen version. Do the Starjammers still exist and would want anything to do with Scott?

I actually think Magik is done the dirtiest when it comes to this because she has so much potential for solo adventures baked into the character with the Limbo and sorcery stuff but clearly Marvel isn't interested in actually giving her her own title.

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    I didn't read it but I knew that teen Cyclops had a solo away from the X-Men and I can applaud them for the effort even it was just the teen version. Do the Starjammers still exist and would want anything to do with Scott?

I actually think Magik is done the dirtiest when it comes to this because she has so much potential for solo adventures baked into the character with the Limbo and sorcery stuff but clearly Marvel isn't interested in actually giving her her own title.
    There's actually a story just getting started in X-Men with Corsair apparently killing himself before the Brood egg inside him hatches. They didn't show us if the other Starjammers were present from the few panels on the Starjammer (ship) we were shown but it'd be interesting if Corsair does indeed remain dead and the team is looking for a leader.

New Mutants: Lethal Legion #3 by Javier Fernandez.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    New Mutants: Lethal Legion #3 by Javier Fernandez.

who dat? What kind of DC comic reject is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    who dat? What kind of DC comic reject is that?
    That is Count Nefaria leader of the Lethal Legion
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer