Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    Who's leaning on Marvel and who's on top of it?

Also, just checked the announcement and the stories they've listed are Destiny/Mystique, Rogue/Gambit and Jubilee. So Rogue and Gambit aren't just there for the cover.
    The guy on top looks like Kobak Never-Held, while the leaner is Solem. Both are into dudes.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by staptik777 View Post
    Marvel's Voices: X-Men 1 variant cover by David Marquez and Edgar Delgado
    it is time again that we get X-teams with iconic X-Men again. Uncanny X-Men led by Storm and Jean!! BOOOM!

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    Truly dont know why Gambit isnt bi yet, it’s literally in his name
    I love you. Brb making “you can’t spell GAMBIT without BI shirts”.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Jean and Synch are pretty straight IMO. I dont really get bi vibes from Rogue either
    I agree about Rogue in current books (unfortunately), but she definitely had heavy sapphic vibes up until the late aughts… not only under Claremont (which, I know, kind of a gimme for any female character), and not just queer-baiting “oooooh girl/girl kisses” they love to give her when she’s borrowing powers, but her vibes with Dazzler and even Betsy in the ‘80s sold it for me. (People always forget Rogue started as a Dazzler stan before becoming her villain for a minute - and she comes off as very jealous of Warren when he’s dating Alison. Even the Longshot flirtation reads much more as trying to get Ali’s attention.)

And there’s also her solo arc, where Blindspot (who I’d love to see come back) is very difficult to not read as her ex-girlfriend:

Just to be clear: the woman sleeps with Rogue’s old uniform lmao.

(Blindspot and Gambit have something in common, at least: Mystique and Destiny didn’t want her near Rogue, either.)

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    The guy on top looks like Kobak Never-Held, while the leaner is Solem. Both are into dudes.
    The way Solem stole War's husband. LOL That's why she always has a chip on her shoulder.

Quote Originally Posted by Sisterhood Of Mutants View Post

I agree about Rogue in current books (unfortunately), but she definitely had heavy sapphic vibes up until the late aughts… not only under Claremont (which, I know, kind of a gimme for any female character), and not just queer-baiting “oooooh girl/girl kisses” they love to give her when she’s borrowing powers, but her vibes with Dazzler and even Betsy in the ‘80s sold it for me. (People always forget Rogue started as a Dazzler stan before becoming her villain for a minute - and she comes off as very jealous of Warren when he’s dating Alison. Even the Longshot flirtation reads much more as trying to get Ali’s attention.)

And there’s also her solo arc, where Blindspot (who I’d love to see come back) is very difficult to not read as her ex-girlfriend:

(Blindspot and Gambit have something in common, at least: Mystique and Destiny didn’t want her near Rogue, either.)
    Woooow. This is a revelation. I've never seen these panels before, thank you!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

unrelated, but this just reminded me of X-Men: The End when for some reason Claremont had Rogue and Emma make out, after Emma begged Rogue to be her hero
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    it is time again that we get X-teams with iconic X-Men again. Uncanny X-Men led by Storm and Jean!! BOOOM!
    LOL....Duggan's year one had Jean, Scott, Rogue and Year 2 had Jean, Scott, Iceman, Havok so I dont think they stopped featuring teams with iconic X-men

unrelated, but this just reminded me of X-Men: The End when for some reason Claremont had Rogue and Emma make out, after Emma begged Rogue to be her hero
    Yep!! He probably saw all the other f/f power-sharing kisses being teased and thought, “Top this, amateurs.”

I remember he had Kitty flirting with Rogue pretty hard in that original X-Treme run, too. Like, almost falling into her lap at one point lmao.

Synch’s power signature looks pretty fruity, so I’d say he’s earned his spot on that cover.

Astonishing Member

Yeah, that was just kinda creepy, not surprised it didn’t get referenced again…

Realm of X variant by Chris Bachalo

Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

I dont like the way he did her eyes

That Cyke Guevara era costume.

I miss Bachalo on the X-line.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Astonishing Member

Is it fair to say that this is infact a modern classic of a costume for her?

Also while it's obvious that Magik is the star of the show (with Typhoid Mary apparently also having some spotlight) i'm biased towards wanting to see a cover with the team on full display since we have yet to see what Marrow's design is going to be.
    Last edited by Grunty; 07-11-2023 at 10:02 AM.

Man that has such a nostalgia feel to it