Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default New details and art emerge for ‘Uncanny X-Men’ #1

Mutants may no longer have a homeland—but they’ll always have a home!

Announced last month and launching in August, celebrated writer Gail Simone and superstar artist David Marquez’s UNCANNY X-MEN will be the second of three flagship X-titles set in the upcoming From the Ashes era. Today, fans can see the reveal of the main cover and discover more about the series!

With Professor X gone and his school transformed into a nightmare reflection of itself, the series sees Rogue step up to be the pillar of Xavier’s dream alongside Wolverine, Gambit, Nightcrawler, and Jubilee. From their new base of operations in New Orleans, the Uncanny X-Men are back to being the outlaw heroes the world hates and fears—and the light in the darkness for mutants everywhere! Mutantkind made a big statement with Krakoa, and now, life is harder for them than ever before, but Rogue’s X-Men will be there to welcome mutants to their new found family.

A core group of essential X-Men rise From the Ashes to face a world without a home—and without Professor X! All bonds among the mutant community seem to be slipping away, and Rogue reluctantly finds herself as the hero designated to bring them back together... but a fearless, malignant power is out there hunting mutants, and it has a terrible secret that may destroy what remains of the X-Men.

"Most of my time lately has been spent trying to keep my brain from exploding right out of my skull from this book," Simone shared. "It's either the fun of all my favorite mutants acting in surprising and wonderful ways, the impossibly brilliant work of the art team, or the thrilling collaboration with all the other writers, but somehow every DAY is just filled with some kind of manic joy. Ever since I took the book, I've been scribbling notes and plots and bits of dialogue day and night. I feel like a kid at a carnival. Who DOESN'T want to write Rogue and Jubilee and Gambit all the rest?"

"UNCANNY X-MEN is the book that made me fall in love with comics," Marquez said. "It's been a dream come true getting to work with Gail, Matt [Wilson], and the whole Marvel editorial crew under Tom [Brevoort] to put together this story: a badass, heartfelt, action-packed, character driven X-Men mystery. I hope readers have at least half as much fun reading it as we have had making it."

"I absolutely have to take a moment to praise David Marquez," Simone added. "Not only is this going to be one of the best-looking books on the stands, he's simply an idea MACHINE and he makes every single page better than I wrote it. Anyway, come join us, we're having an X adventure and you're all INVITED!"

With three flagship titles and a host of additional satellite series, the upcoming From the Ashes era will present fans with a wide range of different approaches to the X-Men’s mission. Jed MacKay and Ryan Stegman’s X-MEN are ready to do whatever it takes to secure mutantkind’s future, even if it means revolution. Eve L. Ewing and Carmen Carnero’s EXCEPTIONAL X-MEN train and prepare mutants to survive the dangers they’ll inevitably face. Meanwhile, Simone and Marquez’s UNCANNY X-MEN are here to save everyone, making the world a brighter place for mutant and human alike!

UNCANNY X-MEN #1

Written by GAIL SIMONE
    Art and Cover by DAVID MARQUEZ

On Sale 8/7

stay tuned tomorrow for UNCANNY X-MEN #1 variant cover reveals!
    Last edited by MVComics; Yesterday at 02:14 PM.

This is my most anticipated of all 3 flagships announced. Probably of the entire line so far ngl

Quote Originally Posted by MVComics View Post
    This is my most anticipated of all 3 flagships announced. Probably of the entire line so far ngl
    Same! Though that goes without saying in my case.

I find it amusing in what a different state these X-Men are compared to 97'. Rogue as a beacon of hope for Xavier's dream here, while in 97'... well, let's just say that's not the case at the moment.

This cover is perfect.

And I love this cast. Betsy would fit right in…
    A picture would last longer darling...

Mutants may no longer have a homeland—but they’ll always have a home!

Announced last month and launching in August, celebrated writer Gail Simone and superstar artist David Marquez’s UNCANNY X-MEN will be the second of three flagship X-titles set in the upcoming From the Ashes era. Today, fans can see the reveal of the main cover and discover more about the series!

With Professor X gone and his school transformed into a nightmare reflection of itself, the series sees Rogue step up to be the pillar of Xavier’s dream alongside Wolverine, Gambit, Nightcrawler, and Jubilee. From their new base of operations in New Orleans, the Uncanny X-Men are back to being the outlaw heroes the world hates and fears—and the light in the darkness for mutants everywhere! Mutantkind made a big statement with Krakoa, and now, life is harder for them than ever before, but Rogue’s X-Men will be there to welcome mutants to their new found family.

A core group of essential X-Men rise From the Ashes to face a world without a home—and without Professor X! All bonds among the mutant community seem to be slipping away, and Rogue reluctantly finds herself as the hero designated to bring them back together... but a fearless, malignant power is out there hunting mutants, and it has a terrible secret that may destroy what remains of the X-Men.

"Most of my time lately has been spent trying to keep my brain from exploding right out of my skull from this book," Simone shared. "It's either the fun of all my favorite mutants acting in surprising and wonderful ways, the impossibly brilliant work of the art team, or the thrilling collaboration with all the other writers, but somehow every DAY is just filled with some kind of manic joy. Ever since I took the book, I've been scribbling notes and plots and bits of dialogue day and night. I feel like a kid at a carnival. Who DOESN'T want to write Rogue and Jubilee and Gambit all the rest?"

"UNCANNY X-MEN is the book that made me fall in love with comics," Marquez said. "It's been a dream come true getting to work with Gail, Matt [Wilson], and the whole Marvel editorial crew under Tom [Brevoort] to put together this story: a badass, heartfelt, action-packed, character driven X-Men mystery. I hope readers have at least half as much fun reading it as we have had making it."

"I absolutely have to take a moment to praise David Marquez," Simone added. "Not only is this going to be one of the best-looking books on the stands, he's simply an idea MACHINE and he makes every single page better than I wrote it. Anyway, come join us, we're having an X adventure and you're all INVITED!"

With three flagship titles and a host of additional satellite series, the upcoming From the Ashes era will present fans with a wide range of different approaches to the X-Men’s mission. Jed MacKay and Ryan Stegman’s X-MEN are ready to do whatever it takes to secure mutantkind’s future, even if it means revolution. Eve L. Ewing and Carmen Carnero’s EXCEPTIONAL X-MEN train and prepare mutants to survive the dangers they’ll inevitably face. Meanwhile, Simone and Marquez’s UNCANNY X-MEN are here to save everyone, making the world a brighter place for mutant and human alike!

UNCANNY X-MEN #1

Written by GAIL SIMONE
    Art and Cover by DAVID MARQUEZ

On Sale 8/7
    Perfect cover for the perfect team! Love all characters on this roster.
    I am so excited for this book and happy that their base is located in NOLA.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Love all characters on this roster.
    yup, me too!

Same old pitch
    Same old line up

Only the creative team is good, and that's not enough for me.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Same old pitch
    Same old line up

Only the creative team is good, and that's not enough for me.
    Can we not?

The 90s was thirty years ago, these specific characters have not been on the same team or together in any significant way for ages.

I don't know why we're acting like this is something we've seen this ad nauseam, when it is very much not the case.

It's familiar but fresh in the context of that. Krakoa is gone that does not mean we're getting the same old stories, people need to let that go.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Can we not?

The 90s was thirty years ago, these specific characters have not been on the same team or together in any significant way for ages.

I don't know why we're acting like this is something we've seen this ad nauseam, when it is very much not the case.
    We also know this isn't the full team, and there will be 4 brand new characters. People are always weird about a relaunch, but they're being especially weird about this one.

Oh, I kinda forgot they were introducing four new characters lol I'm curious.

I've seen speculations of monet too

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Same old pitch
    Same old line up
    Honestly, I think that's a good thing right now. X-Men '97 has caused a resurgence in X-Men popularity for new and lapsed fans, and this seems like the perfect book for them. Say what you will about the quality of the X-books in the 90s, but that's when they were most popular. I think it helped a lot that the books and animated show had the same look and feel.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Can we not?

It's familiar but fresh in the context of that. Krakoa is gone that does not mean we're getting the same old stories, people need to let that go.
    Agreed.

Gambit and Wolverine on the same team. You have to go back to Marjorie Lius Astonishing run, 10+ years ago.
    Rogue and Wolverine on the same team. Wow, that one might be… unless I am missing something obvious it feels like ages.

Jubilee and Remy and Anna where on Excalibur together, were they harldy talked with each other. For all intents it’s easier to just not count that run.

Kurt and Remy… have they ever been on the same team?

I could go on. If the faces feel old then the combination is not. It’s a shame it took this long.

Oh, I kinda forgot they were introducing four new characters lol I'm curious.

I've seen speculations of monet too
    I'm not sure if those four characters are who they're talking about when they say this isn't the full team, or if there are other established characters joining. I took at as the latter, but we will see.

I'm so excited for this book! It's going to be so much seeing X-Men teams again. It's been way too long. And with a creative team like this I think it's going to be epic. I wish we didn't have to waid through the rest of Fall of X to get to this new era.

Although the premise is unoriginal (all three flag books are the same nostalgic crap to be honest), this is the one that actually got me excited. The creative team is good, the roster have some of my faves (like Jubilee or Nightcrawler), and unlike Jed's X-men, it doesn't seem to be the edgy stuff that we got from Bendis or Rosenberg's runs, of revolution, yada yada yada. Seems actually a book that depicts the X-men being heroes, wanting to bring hope.

Only thing that worries me is the fact that Simone has confirmed that there will be four original characters (do we really need more?)