Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Jubilation Lee Appreciation 2024

First appearance: The Uncanny X-Men #244 (May 1989)

Created by: Chris Claremont and Marc Silvestri

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I am so glad that Jubilee will be on Gails team. Jubilee will be reunited with Gambit, Rogue and Wolverine. There are sure to be some witty repartee. Especially with Gambit.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

With uncanny x-men and the blood hunt Jubilee shot I'm so happy. UXM has my favorite characters so far I'm gonna enjoy that
    X-Men Forever

IMG_1380.jpg

So glad this awesome firecracker is gonna be in Uncanny again! My only concern is that, since Logan is also on the team, she might regress into the role of “Wolverine’s sidekick”. I hope the creative team is careful to avoid that. Jubes deserves better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    IMG_1380.jpg

So glad this awesome firecracker is gonna be in Uncanny again! My only concern is that, since Logan is also on the team, she might regress into the role of “Wolverine’s sidekick”. I hope the creative team is careful to avoid that. Jubes deserves better.
    Considering what's happened to Logan in the last year or so, if anything Logan will end up becoming her sidekick.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

2024 will be a Jubilee year! I so can't wait to read how Gail writes her and especially see her interacting again with Logan as well as Remy, Anna, etc. And if Monet is indeed added to the team as hinted at, you know sparks will literally fly.

Long-time Jubester Fan jubilees_bf's Avatar

This is absolutely the best year Jubilee has had since the 90s… and I can see her popularity surging back. Some years, we’ve been lucky to get her to appear in a series or have a few one shots. This year:

- Starring in X-Men ‘97… already appearing in the first two episodes. The first episode gave more screentime and meaningful material for her in all of the X-Men films put together. Other than what we’ve seen so far, I’ve counted at least 9 other clips of scenes showing Jubilee in scenes we haven’t seen yet. She’s also starring as the main focus of episode 4.
    - Starring in Dead X-Men 1-4
    - Starring in X-Men ‘97 comic issues 1-4
    - X-Men Blood Hunt Jubilee one-shot
    - Starring in The Free Comic Book Day X-Men issue as the main character
    - Main cast of Uncanny X-Men that starts in August
    - Main character of the X-Men Anime book out this fall
    - Additionally, she has had a resurgence of merchandise available to the general public- funko pop, keychains, shirts, hoodies, puzzles, blankets.

Icing on the cake would be for her to be playable in a new video game.

Either way- I think it’s safe to say she is back and may be better than ever.

Two things. First, this is my favorite art of her:

Second, where is Shogo currently?

I'm so happy for Jubilee's return to prominence, I've always wished she was used more frequently on the grownup teams so I'm looking forward to Gail Simone's book even if I'm hesitant about the direction of the line overall. I hope they leave Shogo in Otherworld as a dragon. He drags Jubilee down.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
    Two things. First, this is my favorite art of her:

Second, where is Shogo currently?
    I’ve heard that Shogo is still in Otherworld as a dragon. I’ve tried asking writers questions about it… but no answer really. It doesn’t make any sense to me why they are kinda glossing over the fact that Jubilee hasn’t seen her son since she died at the Gala.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Regarding Logan, I also don't want her to go back to being his side kick. But I hope they still show their friendship. If Kitty can mature away from Logan so can Jubilee. But I also think that yellow coat needs to go and her finally get a more modern update. I mean if we want her to grow her teen attire should go too. JMHO.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

I agree but the jacket is a trademark like Gambits ans the cartoon is out now so. I can't wait to see thw vampire one shot. And Uncanny is my fave new team book. Jubes should have a good role in it.
    X-Men Forever

That was one of the few good things about New Warriors back then. No yellow coat. She had a pretty good wardrobe.
    “Fleeing through the labyrinths with the hordes of the living dead fast upon them;
    Once again they found themselves trapped in front of the abyss.”

Jubilee so far has been in all three episodes of X-Men ‘97. The first episode gives her meaningful dialogue and a really great power/dance sequence. She doesn’t have dialogue in episode 2, but is seen reacting to situations.

For episode 3- Jubilee has maybe a minute or two of screen time- a few lines of dialogue- but is shown being protective, courageous, quick on her feet… and has two quick, but VERY useful/powerful moments with her energy blasts. Not wanting to spoil the details, but her powers are exponentially more damaging this series. I’d encourage you to pause/watch the scene in slow motion to see how much damage they cause.