Page 329 of 1453 FirstFirst ... 2292793193253263273283293303313323333393794298291329 ... LastLast
Results 4,921 to 4,935 of 21794

His thoughts on the totality of Cyclops is actually really interesting, but it's probably because I'm a narcissist who shares that same idea. Therefore, I'm gonna pretend that he only said Death of X was a good conclusion to that wider arc to sell the narrative for the interview.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Can’t wait until the very next writer of Uncanny has Alex “If humans can’t say mutie then neither should mutants” Summers unceremoniously killed off.
    That would be a shame, because Alex's Borg assimilation college philosophy major arc should be a pot of gold given to anyone writing him. But Matt's not cashing in the gold. He's using the pennies.

I've always been fascinated by Scott and Alex's dysfunctional dynamic, as someone who has a younger brother too, so I'm looking forward to that aspect in Rosenberg's run. But I haven't really been in awe of anything he's written so far in the X-men line... I think the letter he wrote about Jean in Phoenix Resurrection was probably my favorite thing he's written lol. I hope I enjoy his run on Uncanny more than the other stuff, but I'm not too optimistic.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    His thoughts on the totality of Cyclops is actually really interesting, but it's probably because I'm a narcissist who shares that same idea. Therefore, I'm gonna pretend that he only said Death of X was a good conclusion to that wider arc to sell the narrative for the interview.
    He didn't really say DoX was a good conclusion, just a tragic conclusion.

Still ambivalent about this upcoming Uncanny run. The status quo going into it makes for good motivation for the characters and it's a quick way to get readers invested in the outcome, but it's basically yet another extinction story with the two most over-used characters in the franchise (I am so tired of the dynamic between Cyke and Logan). The art doesn't help.

Imagine out of the hundreds of existing X-Men characters, Havok being your favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    He didn't really say DoX was a good conclusion, just a tragic conclusion.
    He called it Shakespearean. When my PS4's Netflix was buggin' out 12 hours ago? That was just tragic. That's my Death of X. The end of Dark Phoenix? That's Shakespearean. That is a Shakespeare-tier tragedy.

BANNED

Weirdly enough, it seems a lot of writers forgot that the Cyclops in Death of X was actually dead the whole time. They also seem to forget that Cyclops "redemption" was his peace march in Uncanny #600.

He called it Shakespearean. When my PS4's Netflix was buggin' out 12 hours ago? That was just tragic. That's my Death of X. The end of Dark Phoenix? That's Shakespearean. That is a Shakespeare-tier tragedy.
    I think the Shakespearean comment referred to Scott's overall story, not DoX specifically. At any rate, even if he hated DoX, most professional writers aren't going to trash another writer's work in an interview.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Here's some Anole and Maggot for you guys.

Attachment 77275
    Makes me more interested in NG. Oh, Marcus, you're a blessing To us all.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Marvel can't afford him.
    This would eXplain a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    thanks. I didnt know that Havok was Rosenberg's favorite character
    Yep, he's been sayin' it for a while now:

Ah yes, Alex "(I'm more than) The M word..." Summers...
    FiXed that for ya.

... Imagine out of the hundreds of existing X-Men characters, Havok being your favorite.
    Embrace the eccentricity, it's been far too long since the X-Men had any. ;p
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 07-01-2019 at 03:51 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Weirdly enough, it seems a lot of writers forgot that the Cyclops in Death of X was actually dead the whole time. They also seem to forget that Cyclops "redemption" was his peace march in Uncanny #600.
    Emma doesn't get enough credit for how powerful and fourth wall breaking her illusion was.

Astonishing Member

Did somone say 90's ?
    20190121_122239.jpg
    Last edited by Dthirds3; 01-21-2019 at 10:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Did somone say 90's ?
    20190121_122239.jpg
    Since you went away I've been hanging around
    I've been wondering why I'm feeling down
    You went away, it should make me feel better
    But I don't know, oh
    How I'm gonna get through (what have I, what have I, what have I done to deserve this?)
    How I'm gonna get through (what have I, what have I, what have I done to deserve this?)

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Embrace the eccentricity, it's been far too long since the X-Men had any. ;p
    I generally don't really care who people's favorite characters are, I do think it's interesting? funny? how Alex seems to be the go to character to be the self insert for average straight, white dude writers.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Did somone say 90's ?
    20190121_122239.jpg
    lol at Star photo-bombing in the right corner, and is that Stormarita?

BANNED

Literal interpretation is rudimentary, but reading between the lines is an art, that apparently escapes many.
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 01-21-2019 at 10:53 AM.

BANNED

I generally don't really care who people's favorite characters are, I do think it's interesting? funny? how Alex seems to be the go to character to be the self insert for average straight, white dude writers. ...
    That's an interesting, funny conclusion to come to, in & of itself.

That would be a shame, because Alex's Borg assimilation college philosophy major arc should be a pot of gold given to anyone writing him. But Matt's not cashing in the gold. He's using the pennies.
    His death would definitely be after a 12-part story arc where we eventually see Havok finish his dissertation.