Page 1487 of 1490 FirstFirst ... 48798713871437147714831484148514861487148814891490 LastLast
Results 22,291 to 22,305 of 22346

I agree, Jim Lee's art here isn't as great as it once was, but it's been 30 years since his original peak. He's older and much richer now. I doubt he puts quite as much of himself into his work anymore.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I agree, Jim Lee's art here isn't as great as it once was, but it's been 30 years since his original peak. He's older and much richer now. I doubt he puts quite as much of himself into his work anymore.
    He might not do monthlies anymore, but he still draws regularly. If watching his Twitch streams have showed me anything is that his art has improved. This Marvel vs DC art was probably one of his quick sketches he knocked out in a few hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    He might not do monthlies anymore, but he still draws regularly. If watching his Twitch streams have showed me anything is that his art has improved. This Marvel vs DC art was probably one of his quick sketches he knocked out in a few hours.
    I can see this being a quick sketch, hence my idea of him 'not putting as much of himself into his work'. But I don't know about him being better now. His old school work from the 90's was just dripping with energy. Show me some examples of his current work that makes you think he's improved, if it pleases thee.

he got a sense of humor though... and not a dad joke!

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Cannonball, Meltdown, Bedlam, Warpath, and Domino? oh yes.

This reminds me,... we need more Bedlam.
    Given that Orlando is clearly a John Francis Moore fanboy, I'm kind of surprised Bedlam didn't appear in either Marauders or X-Men Green.

I remember expecting the Bedlam Brothers, Vincente Cimetta, and Elizabeth Guthrie to be the next big thing(s).

Instead we got Sugar Man. Ugh.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    I remember expecting the Bedlam Brothers, Vincente Cimetta, and Elizabeth Guthrie to be the next big thing(s).

Instead we got Sugar Man. Ugh.
    Elizabeth Guthrie is an interesting case since we saw her in AoA as a woman who was kinda like Giganta in terms of what she could do.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I can see this being a quick sketch, hence my idea of him 'not putting as much of himself into his work'. But I don't know about him being better now. His old school work from the 90's was just dripping with energy. Show me some examples of his current work that makes you think he's improved, if it pleases thee.
    This is him drawing Geralt from the Witcher...

You can skip to the end to see the finished result.

Quote Originally Posted by Itchpfork View Post
    Given that Orlando is clearly a John Francis Moore fanboy, I'm kind of surprised Bedlam didn't appear in either Marauders or X-Men Green.
    Maybe they didn't want to remind readers about the guy who could take down any machines, and even owned Iron man whose armor must be triple protected againts EMP.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    This is him drawing Geralt from the Witcher...

You can skip to the end to see the finished result.
    Meh. Over-rendered pin up(that's still missing a face). He was spitting dynamic fire, panel after panel back in the day.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...-david-marquez

The Yu variant almost looks like a redesign for Rogue. Based on the other cover, though, I think that’s just artistic license and she’s stuck in the Jim Lee rags. Predictable and but disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...-david-marquez

The Yu variant almost looks like a redesign for Rogue. Based on the other cover, though, I think that’s just artistic license and she’s stuck in the Jim Lee rags. Predictable and but disappointing.
    It's not 1-to-1 with the Lee suit, I think, there's some cosmetic alterations around the chest/collar area I think.

Same with Wolverine and Gambit.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's not 1-to-1 with the Lee suit, I think, there's some cosmetic alterations around the chest/collar area I think.

Same with Wolverine and Gambit.
    Did you look at the cover? its definitely different

The ones that others are drawing seem more in line with Lee's design. This feels different especially with a different color scheme

I love Wolverine's updated yellow costume. Looks great.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I love Wolverine's updated yellow costume. Looks great.
    Im going to miss his brown Krakoa suit as it definitely became my favorite look of his