Page 426 of 1488 FirstFirst ... 3263764164224234244254264274284294304364765269261426 ... LastLast
Results 6,376 to 6,390 of 22310
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    They wrote one well-receiced Cable arc and were immediately promoted to showrunners of a six month event that covered 32 issues.

Meanwhile, Professor Carey had to slave away for years writing some of the best X-Men stories and dealing with all the arrogant ARCHITECT writers in charge at the time and got a 7 issue AU thrown his way as a thank you.
    Wasn't Messiah Complex/Messah War/Second Coming more Nick Lowe's baby (or at least Hope was)?

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Rob sold because he created a new character and speculators from 90s showed up
    Rob sold because myself and others enjoyed it. It is what it is. :-)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    Wasn't Messiah Complex/Messah War/Second Coming more Nick Lowe's baby (or at least Hope was)?
    Not really. Axel Alonso was in charge of the X-books at the time, though Lowe did edit all of the books at the time. The writers who had the most say were Fraction and Kyost.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    I severely doubt this. Liefeld has been an online meme quite a long time. Maybe back in the 90s, but Spirit is correct. Speculators inflated his sales this time around.
    But your discounting the speculators and whales that pick up every issue of event comics
    Rob easily has more fans than anyone else involved in the line right now, his comic has sold consistently well (including multiple re-orders), regardless of being a meme and **** talked by average casuals, hardcore comic fans still like him, even Piskor does

Quote Originally Posted by comeatmebro View Post
    But your discounting the speculators and whales that pick up every issue of event comics
    Rob easily has more fans than anyone else involved in the line right now, his comic has sold consistently well (including multiple re-orders), regardless of being a meme and **** talked by average casuals, hardcore comic fans still like him, even Piskor does
    If that was the case he would have books all the time from marvel and Dc. He has a very small fanbase

As if Age of X-man didn't benefit from the guys that buy everything with an X on it regardless of the quality.

BANNED

That "very small fanbase" is much larger than every single other writer involved in the X-Men line right now

when will christos gage be allowed to have a hostile franchise takeover
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by fsger View Post
    As if Age of X-man didn't benefit from the guys that buy everything with an X on it regardless of the quality.
    Obviously it didnt, hence the horrendous sales

BANNED

while it still benefited from people who buy all titles with X's in them it had horrible sales because they were horrible books that couldn't get any excitement and actively chased away its fans with bad ships, dumb jokes, boring writing, mediocre art and lame casts

That "very small fanbase" is much larger than every single other writer involved in the X-Men line right now
    That's because he's been around since the 1980s, and has devoted fans of his 90s gun and muscle fetish. Most of the current writers have only been around a couple years.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    has devoted fans
    unlike these current writers, exactly my point

BANNED

If he had written about anything in continuity I'd have bought it. This future offspring nonsense had no interest for me.

unlike these current writers, exactly my point
    Okay? He's been writing for almost 35 years and barely has more fans than a brand new writer. More people laugh at his designs than buy his books. Big deal.

BANNED

More people buy his books than any Age of X-Man writers' books