Page 850 of 1481 FirstFirst ... 3507508008408468478488498508518528538548609009501350 ... LastLast
Results 12,736 to 12,750 of 22203
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Marrow in a dress seems so off model. She should have been in pants
    It isn't out of character though.

Keep in mind she has long been established, since her time as a X-men, to be conscious of her appearance and having a desire to be treated as normal (sadly the Alan Davis characterization reduced her to just that), which naturaly clashed with her outward disregard towards "pretty people's weaknesses" e.g. bothering about appearance and her proud to be a freak mentality.

A contradiction which has completented her overall mixed personality.

So here she got invited to this big Gala, where all the "pretty" and important people will be and the dress code is "be what you want to be, as long as you look stylish". Meaning she finaly has an excuse to wear something she might have wanted to wear since she was a rags wearing freak kid sitting around in a dark tunnel reading cheesy romance novels that got thrown away or forgotten on subway stations and nobody is socialy allowed to question her choice of cloth or appearance.

Now if she was assigned to be a guard at the gala or expected to dress as part of a team, hence in a quasi on the job basis ala. X-force, i could totaly see her being in pants instead. But here she can wear something she isn't expected to otherwise, hence a dress makes sense and i think the artist makes it work.
    Last edited by Grunty; 04-13-2021 at 03:16 PM.

Its Krakoa, baby. New leases on life allow for exploration of self in new and sometimes unexpected or unconsidered directions.

Yep Krakoa really invites to out of character interpretations

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Weather View Post
    Larger image of Boom-boom and Tempo below. Reading this dialogue we can already see how good the two of them could be together in a book.

GOOD LORD I STAN!!! Tempo looks incredible and another BIPOC you love to see it!

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    this is done as well

I'ts such a bummer Armor isn't on the team, she deserves to be a full fledged X-men and was propped up to be the next leader of the x-men but that's all forgotten now

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    Or Jubilee.
    Dazzler powers have actually been developed and are useful (dazzler taking out blackbolt is still one of the coldest takedown in 2010's x-men comics) while no writer has ever known what to do with poor jubilee's powers. And boom boom blow stuffs up, she's the seamus finnigan of the x-men

Wait i'm out of the loop, why are they showing us who lost the election so early in april when the new team is being announced in june during the hellfire gala? did they change something?

Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post
    I'ts such a bummer Armor isn't on the team, she deserves to be a full fledged X-men and was propped up to be the next leader of the x-men but that's all forgotten now
    This happened to lot of chaarcters before Armor, she is not special

Wait i'm out of the loop, why are they showing us who lost the election so early in april when the new team is being announced in june during the hellfire gala? did they change something?
    They might not be able to keep the lineup out of the advance solicits too much longer and would rather do an official announcement rather than have it spoiled without getting any buzz out of it?
    Dark does not mean deep.

Astonishing Member

These kinds of fates seem to happen often enough that it feels like a repeating pattern to me.

A writer creates a new character for or gives a previously minor character a spot on the big team. Said character gets promoted, gets a big moment to shine, (beats Wolverine or fights to a draw with him) and it's either implied or downright shown that they will be on the big team for a long time.

And then the writer changes, the character is dropped by the wayside or reduced to supporting role and all the previous attempts at making them big feel somewhat silly in retrospective.

So at least Armor isn't alone in that fate.

Also she still seems popular enough with artists to frequently get shown in artwork and on promo images.

Im gonna say thank god she lost. She is the New X-men thats been given the most chances to be a full fledged X-men. Its time to spread the love and let some of the younger set get that same push.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    They might not be able to keep the lineup out of the advance solicits too much longer and would rather do an official announcement rather than have it spoiled without getting any buzz out of it?
    They can still reveal the team without the final member. They dont have to do it now. X-men Red kept Storm as the final member until the issue hit (although many correctly speculated her). Just dont put the winner on any of the initial covers

This is all very disappointing should have had ranked choice voting.

It would have been better off if Polaris was up against characters in her weight class like Jubilee, Dazzler, Havok, Revanche etc

Tempo is obscure to the max its akin to inserting Guatemalan Crab boy or Madame LaFarge into a poll against Hellion

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    This is all very disappointing should have had ranked choice voting.

It would have been better off if Polaris was up against characters in her weight class like Jubilee, Dazzler, Havok, Revanche etc

Tempo is obscure to the max its akin to inserting Guatemalan Crab boy or Madame LaFarge into a poll against Hellion
    Yeah it should have been an even playing field. Guarantee most casual voters only heard of Polaris and maybe Forge.

Celestials. Walt Simonson. We're not worthy!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'