Page 1473 of 1490 FirstFirst ... 4739731373142314631469147014711472147314741475147614771483 ... LastLast
Results 22,081 to 22,095 of 22341

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    You think that with Ms. Marvel and X-23/Wolverine being on this team?

They both had series that lasted longer than that.
    Yes. The market is not what it was when their series were being published, if not both of them would have solos coming out as well. Hopefully I am wrong for the sake of these characters' fans, but I see this series as the "Fallen Angels" of this era.

Quote Originally Posted by Technopriest View Post
    Yes. The market is not what it was when their series were being published, if not both of them would have solos coming out as well. Hopefully I am wrong for the sake of these characters' fans, but I see this series as the "Fallen Angels" of this era.
    If this were true, wouldn't this not bode well for Storm and Jean's solos?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Lame Ugly Looking Joke View Post
    If this were true, wouldn't this not bode well for Storm and Jean's solos?
    Yes.

The best anyone can hope for in the short times most Marvel comics last, especially solos for characters who had not maintained a series for decades at this point, is that they will be enjoyable while they last.

But all too often the art and writing doesn't even seem to deliver on that. Fingers crossed Jean and Ororo to not fall into that trap.

Extraordinary Member

I think an X-23 solo would actually sell better and last longer than NYX in the current market.

Let's not bury the book yet.
    You COULD compare it to Children of the atom, but the cast is way stronger and the concept way more appealing to me.
    Fallen Angels failed mainly because the writer had to leave. The book was kinda bad too.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Yes.

The best anyone can hope for in the short times most Marvel comics last, especially solos for characters who had not maintained a series for decades at this point, is that they will be enjoyable while they last.

But all too often the art and writing doesn't even seem to deliver on that. Fingers crossed Jean and Ororo to not fall into that trap.
    But then how is this sustainable?

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    I think an X-23 solo would actually sell better and last longer than NYX in the current market.
    I would really like to see one, but I'm curious what that could hypothetically do to sell better that couldn't be managed in this book.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Lame Ugly Looking Joke View Post
    But then how is this sustainable?

I would really like to see one, but I'm curious what that could hypothetically do to sell better that couldn't be managed in this book.
    Having the X-23 or Wolverine name would have more marquee value than 'NYX.' Team books don't automatically combine the entire fanbases of all their characters. If they did Justice League would greatly outsell Batman by combining Batman's fanbase with the fanbases of Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    If it has Claudine Renko in the same outfits from last time... maybe.

only books that are guarantee to not get canceled are uncanny, x-men and wolverine

Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

NYX is DOA

Maybuh ?

Wolverine and Miss Marvel Present NYX

Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

Ms. Marvel has failed too many times. Her solo comics get canceled, her movie was a flop hell even the Avengers game she appeared in was a flop. Laura on the other hand is one of the handful of X-characters that can support an ongoing series lasting multiple years. It would've been better if they'd given her a solo intead of wasting her on NYX

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Caedus View Post
    Ms. Marvel has failed too many times. Her solo comics get canceled, her movie was a flop hell even the Avengers game she appeared in was a flop. Laura on the other hand is one of the handful of X-characters that can support an ongoing series lasting multiple years. It would've been better if they'd given her a solo intead of wasting her on NYX
    She may very well get a solo since Brevoort is planning for a lot more solos than usual for the X-line, according to his newsletter.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

WOLVERINE: BLOOD HUNT #3 (of 4)

TOM WALTZ (W) • JUAN JOSÉ RYP (A) Cover by BEN HARVEY

WOLVERINE and NIGHTGUARD have made it to the heart of the vampire base. But if they can fight through the aquatic AQUEOS VAMPIRES, what untold horrors await in the caverns above?!

Tom Waltz’s debut Marvel series continues as he and Juan José Ryp bring LOGAN on his long journey into darkness…against OLD FRIENDS and NEW ENEMIES!

On Sale 7/10

WOLVERINE: BLOOD HUNT #4 (of 4)

TOM WALTZ (W) • JUAN JOSÉ RYP (A) Cover by BEN HARVEY

WOLVERINE: LORD OF THE VAMPIRES?!

BETRAYAL lands WOLVERINE in a precarious spot – under the vampiric thrall of his enemies! With his healing factor stunted and the apex of the renegade vampire scheme at hand, ALYSSA takes her place as QUEEN OF THE VAMPIRES – with LOGAN as her king!

The shocking finale to WOLVERINE: BLOOD HUNT…might just be the BEGINNING!

On Sale 7/24
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Dope. Like the look and sound of this Blood Hunt mini.

Also, here’s a Fall of the House of X #5 Foreshadow Variant by Josh Cassara…

Huh. Wonder what makes this a “foreshadow variant”? Is Logan going back to a wilder state in the new era? Interesting…
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”