Page 710 of 741 FirstFirst ... 210610660700706707708709710711712713714720 ... LastLast
Results 10,636 to 10,650 of 11115
  1. #10636
    Astonishing Member Glio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    4,768

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    could cable/nate grey be the first multiple omegas ?
    The thing is, at the genetic level they have the same potential because they are "the same person".

    But Nate Grey doesn't exist anymore in 616, he was conveniently taken out of the equation.

  2. #10637
    Beware! Daedra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    839

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    The thing is, at the genetic level they have the same potential because they are "the same person".

    But Nate Grey doesn't exist anymore in 616, he was conveniently taken out of the equation.
    what I am asking is ..... was sinister tampering instrumental in making them both omega tk and omega tp at the same time?
    "I'm looking forward to the court appearances without spray tan, hair dye and a professional comb-over."

  3. #10638
    Fantastic Member Thundershot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    364

    Default

    Cable without the TO virus is Stryfe. Who is also conveniently off the table....

  4. #10639
    Astonishing Member CGAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,471

    Default

    I actually don’t know if it’s an X-men tease. But it’s his X of Swords uniform.

    5CF1EEFE-CD28-4BFB-940E-534659D9585D.jpg

  5. #10640
    Spectacular Member MAR420X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    172

    Default

    ^^^
    EXCALIBUR 15 variant COVER

  6. #10641
    Invincible Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    20,255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    what I am asking is ..... was sinister tampering instrumental in making them both omega tk and omega tp at the same time?
    Sinister didnt tamper with Cable. He was concieved the natural way. Maddie was an exact replica of Jean and I dont recall it being stated that he enhanced any of her genetics to make it such that she would have a higher chance of producing an omega child

    Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Cable is no mystery: He is nerfed by the techno-organic virus.

    Cable without the virus in Deadpool/Cable and Nate Grey are omegas.
    No Nate wasnt. Omegas have unlimited potential which is something Nate Grey has never had. From early on it was stated that his powers would eventually kill him bc they would cause him to burn out. He was super powerful but had limits early on and given the Hickman definition, would be ruled out based on that.
    Last edited by Havok83; 09-20-2020 at 11:56 AM.

  7. #10642
    Fantastic Member superjosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    402

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    The thing is, at the genetic level they have the same potential because they are "the same person".

    But Nate Grey doesn't exist anymore in 616, he was conveniently taken out of the equation.
    I don't think they're the same in that way. Their genetic identities would be more like "brothers". They have the same starting parent DNA, but they're not clones nor were they conceived in the same way before their realities diverged.

    Cable was born from the union of Cyclops and Madelyne. Nate Grey was created in a lab from the DNA of Cyclops and Jean Grey.

    That's how I see if from a science standpoint, but I guess in the comic book world it could be interpreted as Nate being an "alternate reality Cable".

  8. #10643
    Astonishing Member Glio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    4,768

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    I don't think they're the same in that way. Their genetic identities would be more like "brothers". They have the same starting parent DNA, but they're not clones nor were they conceived in the same way before their realities diverged.

    Cable was born from the union of Cyclops and Madelyne. Nate Grey was created in a lab from the DNA of Cyclops and Jean Grey.

    That's how I see if from a science standpoint, but I guess in the comic book world it could be interpreted as Nate being an "alternate reality Cable".
    I agree with you, scientifically they should not be the same person, but in comics they are.

    In fact, the first few times they were together they suffered migraines because their telepathies reacted to the detection of a mind equal to itself.

  9. #10644
    Fantastic Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    496

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Has there ever been a plot in which Shaw was not a big bad wannabe in which he ended up pathetically humiliated?
    The movie first class
    OP characters make me itch

  10. #10645
    Fantastic Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    496

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    I don't think they're the same in that way. Their genetic identities would be more like "brothers". They have the same starting parent DNA, but they're not clones nor were they conceived in the same way before their realities diverged.

    Cable was born from the union of Cyclops and Madelyne. Nate Grey was created in a lab from the DNA of Cyclops and Jean Grey.

    That's how I see if from a science standpoint, but I guess in the comic book world it could be interpreted as Nate being an "alternate reality Cable".

    How ironic. Jean's son is the sinister experiment while Cable came from an actual relationship.
    OP characters make me itch

  11. #10646
    Astonishing Member Spinster Sinister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,102

    Default

    X of Swords, aka the Make Me Like Brian Braddock Challenge. A tad miffed that Kwannon, Kurt, or INDRA (lol) were robbed a spot as a Krakoan Swordbearer, but I suppose the Otherworld/Omniverse components of this story make him a fitting inclusion.

  12. #10647
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    144

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Cable is no mystery: He is nerfed by the techno-organic virus.

    Cable without the virus in Deadpool/Cable and Nate Grey are omegas.
    still got casually one shot by the silver surfer. Which is not entirely a bad showing.

  13. #10648
    Astonishing Member Glio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    4,768

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyworthnoting View Post
    still got casually one shot by the silver surfer. Which is not entirely a bad showing.
    He wasn't one-shot by Silver Surfer, he was able to break his surfboard.

    Anyway, I don't think losing to the Silver Surfer is embarrassing or something. He is one of the most powerful beings in the galaxy.

  14. #10649
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,047

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    X of Swords, aka the Make Me Like Brian Braddock Challenge. A tad miffed that Kwannon, Kurt, or INDRA (lol) were robbed a spot as a Krakoan Swordbearer, but I suppose the Otherworld/Omniverse components of this story make him a fitting inclusion.
    Tbh I really hope Hickman does something to make Betsy Braddock stand out as Captain Britain because 12 issues in and Tini has pretty much failed to justify the reasoning of turning Captain Betsy. I'm hoping for at least three iconic moments from her during this event.

  15. #10650
    Mighty Member Ra-El's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,430

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Tbh I really hope Hickman does something to make Betsy Braddock stand out as Captain Britain because 12 issues in and Tini has pretty much failed to justify the reasoning of turning Captain Betsy. I'm hoping for at least three iconic moments from her during this event.
    The reasoning is trying to get away from the fact that for years they had a white woman using the body of an asian one. When they decided to separate them, they came to realise that the name Psylocke is associated with an asian ninja woman and not the white british aristocrat, so Kwannon get to be Psylocke and Betsy needed a new name, so the took the tittle from her way less popular brother that not even is a mutant.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •