Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    It has to be Percy related, otherwise it would have been tweeted by an editor. Just gotta hope there's no Beast involved.

I don't remember what thread it was, but someone hinted last week that we would be getting some news but I don't think we ever ended up hearing it. Wonder if this was what that person was referring to.
    I meant what ETMike1988 joked about a new solo-book of Beast written by Percy.
    placeholder signature until I can think of something.

everyone was wrong btw

PREDATOR VS WOLVERINE #1 (OF 4)
    Written by BENJAMIN PERCY
    Art by GREG LAND, ANDREA DI VITO & MORE!
    Cover by MARCO CHECCHETTO
    On Sale 9/20

It’s the bloodthirsty saga fans have been waiting for! This September, the Predator will be unleashed on the Marvel Universe for the very first time as he viciously hunts Wolverine across decades of Marvel Comic history in PREDATOR VS WOLVERINE!

The four-issue limited series will be written by Benjamin Percy, the acclaimed writer known for taking Wolverine’s ferocious spirit to its limits in the character’s current ongoing solo series. Percy will be joined by a host of all-star artistic talent including Greg Land, Andrea Di Vito, Ken Lashley, Kei Zama, and many more. The series will reveal a bitter rivalry between Wolverine and a Yautja who’s been stalking him since his earliest days… Witness these never-before-told encounters as Percy brings the bloodiest hunters in all pop culture to their knees!

THE THRILL IS THE KILL! Wolverine has lived one of the longest and most storied lives in comics history. Now witness the untold greatest battles of Logan’s life – against a Predator! One Yautja seeks the greatest prey in existence – and finds it in Weapon X. From the blood-ridden snows of the Canadian wilderness to the sword-slinging streets of Madripoor, Wolverine and a Predator break everything in their paths on their way to the ultimate victory…or glorious death.

On why he’s the perfect writer to craft this groundbreaking story, Percy said, “I'm not going to say I was born to write this crossover... but sometimes the universe reveals why you were created. I am a child of the eighties. I cannot tell you how many times I watched Predator, just as I cannot tell you how many Wolverine comics I have read, because that would be like telling you how many breaths I've taken or cheeseburgers I've eaten.

"The mythologies of both are ingrained in me so deeply they might as well be strands of DNA or wisps of soul. The guns, claws, beef, and blood of both franchises have been stewing in my brain since 1987, when I read myself to sleep every night with a stack of Marvel comics and my friends and I used to play ‘Predator’ with Nerf guns in the woods and river near our neighborhood.

“This epic hunt will span decades, as both of these giants learn and harden and grow deadlier with time,” Percy continued. “Neither will have time to bleed, but you better make time to read, because I'm putting everything I've got into this event, and I'm thrilled to join forces with some of the best artists in the business.”

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nkId=218878779
    Last edited by Diammandis; 06-08-2023 at 07:12 AM.
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Here it is, and no surprise, it's about his favorite alpha male again.

https://aiptcomics.com/2023/06/08/pr...eptember-20th/

Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

My favorite alpha male too… well, one of them at least. I’m in!
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

I gotta give credit where credit is due. Even if I don't read most of his stuff Percy is killing the game. I'm pretty sure with the release of issue 34 next week "Wolverine" becomes the second longest-running Krakaon book (New Mutants ended at 33). And we know he has the top spot with X-Force. He seems to be delivering for Marvel and he's getting more projects for it. Congrats to him and the readers enjoying his work.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

He wrote a couple of Marvel's podcasts too. I quit X-Force because it got too silly (and Jean left) and I don't like the Beast stuff at all, but I still think he has a ton of potential.

On another note, where do people get the "Wolverine is alpha male" stuff from? The character isn't even chauvinistic like that.

This is Percy. He loves Wolverine.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    On another note, where do people get the "Wolverine is alpha male" stuff from? The character isn't even chauvinistic like that.
    Probably from its more traditional meaning, in the animal kingdom… “the dominant male animal in a particular group… e.g., ‘two of them trotted over to greet the alpha male, a black wolf with a greying muzzle’”

I think generally it just means a badass. Some put a negative connotation to it, meaning a chauvinist or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I gotta give credit where credit is due. Even if I don't read most of his stuff Percy is killing the game. I'm pretty sure with the release of issue 34 next week "Wolverine" becomes the second longest-running Krakaon book (New Mutants ended at 33). And we know he has the top spot with X-Force. He seems to be delivering for Marvel and he's getting more projects for it. Congrats to him and the readers enjoying his work.
    his Ghost Rider is good too, he has some serious gems tbh
    She's A Lifebringer

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Maybe because they're both fictional constructs that don't actually exist in nature?

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    his Ghost Rider is good too, he has some serious gems tbh
    He’s definitely not as bad as the haters say he is. Most don’t like some of the characters he’s working with to begin with (e.g., Logan, Deadpool, Quire). Or, in some cases (like Mungho), unfortunately they do. A lot. My condolences to him for what’s been done to Beast in the interest of this story. But I do find it compelling and will keep buying it until resolution because I want to see how it ends. *shrugs*

Extraordinary Member

Percy AND Land. That's a big nope.

Wolverine vs Predator is definitely in Percy's wheelhouse. He should just write Wolverine stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    He’s definitely not as bad as the haters say he is. Most don’t like some of the characters he’s working with to begin with (e.g., Logan, Deadpool, Quire). Or, in some cases (like Mungho), unfortunately they do. A lot. My condolences to him for what’s been done to Beast in the interest of this story. But I do find it compelling and will keep buying it until resolution because I want to see how it ends. *shrugs*
    he can write a fun book, x-force as a whole has been fun, it is unfortunate what has happened with Beast but the book has been a joy to read all together
    She's A Lifebringer

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    He's good with Wolverine. His problem is how horribly he writes anyone who isn't Wolverine.