Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    How have I gone this long and never saw this promo?? This is basically “What if Claremont had not left?”

Very awesome. Weird to see that Guido was going to one of the X-men. I wonder if there’s a connection to Legion originally being a member of X-Factor instead of Guido?
    I've also been an X-fan for years and strangely enough only came across the Whilce Portacio part on the right some months ago for the first time, whereas I'd seen the Jim Lee piece before. Didn't realize circulation was so scarce!

I wonder what Claremont's plans for Guido might have been as I don't believe he ever mentioned anything in interviews. And while I think that Jim Lee roster is pretty strong, the "X-Factor plus Gambit" Portacio Uncanny X-Men doesn't exactly excite me. Still, it was 90s Claremont paired with Lee and Portacio at the top of their game, they could have produced toilet paper and I would probably have enjoyed it.

Regarding Legion... Peter David could probably have done wonders with him on X-Factor, he might have been a bit of an odd fit but then again he had established relationships with Jamie and Lorna at least, so he might not have been totally out of place.
    Last edited by Uncanny X-Man; 03-29-2023 at 03:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I've also been an X-fan for years and strangely enough only came across the Whilce Portacio part on the right some months ago for the first time, whereas I'd seen the Jim Lee piece before. Didn't realize circulation was so scarce!

I wonder what Claremont's plans for Guido might have been as I don't believe he ever mentioned anything in interviews. And while I think that Jim Lee roster is pretty strong, the "X-Factor plus Gambit" Portacio Uncanny X-Men doesn't exactly excite me. Still, it was 90s Claremont paired with Lee and Portacio at the top of their game, they could have produced toilet paper and I would probably have enjoyed it.

Regarding Legion... Peter David could probably have done wonders with him on X-Factor, he might have been a bit of an odd fit but then again he had established relationships with Jamie and Lorna at least, so he might not have been totally out of place.
    I love the “X-Factor minus Beast plus Gambit and Colossus”. I loved the Portacio X-Factor and Uncanny. I know it’s sacrilege but I liked his style more than Lee’s. I wonder where Banshee went? Also, regarding Legion, I remember reading the old solicits (I can’t even remember the name of the newspaper style catalog we had back then) when the books were going up for order and I was just getting into non-Transformers comics, and they made such a huge deal out of X-Force so I ordered it along with New Mutants 100, despite having never read it. Anyway, when the Mutant Genesis books were solicited, they said Legion was one of the team members. I wish there was some kind of archive with this old stuff..

I think there was dinosaur looking mutant on X-Factor too that was replaced with Wolfsbane, too.

I never saw the XFactor plus Gambit and Colossus shot either. I always wondered if Polaris was supposed to end up on UXM with Jean in that scenario.

There used to be a good site that had stories on things that were teased and never came to fruition. Instead of the Legion/ShadowKing/Muir Isle storyline, there was a Mutant Wars crossover teased involving all mutants teams of the time including Hellfire Club.

Quote Originally Posted by Bgred37 View Post
    I think there was dinosaur looking mutant on X-Factor too that was replaced with Wolfsbane, too.

I never saw the XFactor plus Gambit and Colossus shot either. I always wondered if Polaris was supposed to end up on UXM with Jean in that scenario.

There used to be a good site that had stories on things that were teased and never came to fruition. Instead of the Legion/ShadowKing/Muir Isle storyline, there was a Mutant Wars crossover teased involving all mutants teams of the time including Hellfire Club.
    Oh yes, the dinosaur girl went from being a Morlock to being Horridus from Savage Dragon!

And the Mutant Wars would have been amazing, I also enjoyed X-tinction Agenda but I regret never reading the originally-planned crossover event.

Hmmm. Is anyone familiar with the kind of work Lozano normally does?

Alexander Lozano
    https://twitter.com/Lozifer/status/1641481269845409795

...a "small" dream project i am currently working on.
    #Xmen #Mutants #Marvel #AlexanderLozano

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Interesting. Looks like he's done some comic covers, but he also works on movies and video games.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    Interesting. Looks like he's done some comic covers, but he also works on movies and video games.
    If only...

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    If only...
    I wonder if it's for some type of 60th anniversary announcement. The logo is giving me television/animation vibes.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

IMMORTAL X-MEN #13

Kieron Gillen (W) • Lucas Werneck (A) • Cover by Mark Brooks

LISTEN CLOSELY.

Time is running out. Fall is here. Doug Ramsey is the voice of Krakoa. It’s time for Krakoa to speak.

On Sale 7/12

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    IMMORTAL X-MEN #13

LISTEN CLOSELY.

Time is running out. Fall is here. Doug Ramsey is the voice of Krakoa. It’s time for Krakoa to speak.

On Sale 7/12

absolute love this cover

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Looking at the cover...can someone confirm for me that Warlock is still dead and gone as was told in LoX? Please and Thanx.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Looking at the cover...can someone confirm for me that Warlock is still dead and gone as was told in LoX? Please and Thanx.
    He probably is dead still. Before the Fall: Sons of X might be a good place to check that, after SoS.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    IMMORTAL X-MEN #13

LISTEN CLOSELY.

On Sale 7/12

Love the cover and so glad we’re getting this POV after Doug’s been largely absent from the power struggles of Immortal.

I wouldn't be surprised if this issue kinda weaves through the last year of Immortal to start and shows what Doug's been doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Love the cover and so glad we’re getting this POV after Doug’s been largely absent from the power struggles of Immortal.