Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    I think the reason why they designed cowl like this is because they want to reveal her full hair which Jean fans usually expect.
    some of us simply want a high Ariana Grande ponytail. ... is it really too much to ask for? :-p

Karen Darboe variant.

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Ah. So classic "x-men" Marrow with a "modern" haircut... A bit disappointed but it's ok and recongnizable by lots of people thanks of the videogames so that's good.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by razzmatazz360 View Post
    I feel like a salad... actually I really do.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Karen Darboe variant.
    Odd to see her getting one before Dani.

Some nitpick though. I was never a fan of giant growths on her back, especialy the "fin" or "horn" types. Small handles for knives or "greebles" look better in my opinion, since they don't interfer too much with how she looks in motion given that she has a tendency to leap and rush in fight scenes. So those giant ones here, not a fan (albeit they seem to be just decorations)

That she uses one as an arm rest is a fun little detail though.

Also at some point they might need to explain her growths including weapons as something like "bio-nano machine constructs" considering the size some artist give them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    Ah. So classic "x-men" Marrow with a "modern" haircut... A bit disappointed but it's ok and recongnizable by lots of people thanks of the videogames so that's good.
    What's amusing about this haircut is that it actualy has a valid in universe reason for why she would have it, given that her very first appearance allready involved partial baldness from growths on her head. This one being simply a bit more "stylish" result.
    Also arguably better than her X-force one.

Classic look is more welcome than the Dark Riders or Marauders/Unlimited ones in my opinion. Artist also remembered that she has notable muscles. But something new or more thematic to the story might have been cool.

On the other hand the Magik variant cover also shows her in her modern "classic" outfit, while it seems she is going to use her current X-men team membership based on in the actualy comic, so perhaps the cover is somewhat misleading.
    Last edited by Grunty; 07-18-2023 at 04:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post

Some nitpick though. I was never a fan of giant growths on her back, especialy the "fin" or "horn" types. Small handles for knives or "greebles" look better in my opinion, since they don't interfer too much with how she looks in motion given that she has a tendency to leap and rush in fight scenes. So those giant ones here, not a fan (albeit they seem to be just decorations)

That she uses one as an arm rest is a fun little detail though.

Also at some point they might need to explain her growths including weapons as something like "bio-nano machine constructs" considering the size some artist give them.

What's amusing about this haircut is that it actualy has a valid in universe reason for why she would have it, given that her very first appearance allready involved partial baldness from growths on her head. This one being simply a bit more "stylish" result.
    Also arguably better than her X-force one.

Classic look is more welcome than the Dark Riders or Marauders/Unlimited ones in my opinion. Artist also remembered that she has notable muscles. But something new or more thematic to the story might have been cool.

On the other hand the Magik variant cover also shows her in her modern "classic" outfit, while it seems she is going to use her current X-men team membership based on in the actualy comic, so perhaps the cover is somewhat misleading.
    True ! I would have prefered longer hair witht he undercut though. It seems that the butch one side short undercut is everywhere now (maybe it's just me)
    Also more thematically would be a bit more armor-like which I always love.

I love how she is drawn here though. Buff with an bone chip on her shoulder
    Last edited by Nicoclaws; 07-18-2023 at 04:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by razzmatazz360 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    HA! You did not!

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    best use for the meme! :d
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    All three white girls in the team get one before Dani or Dust. (We don't know Curse's ethnicity.) Maybe they're saving the best for last?

I can't really comment on Marow's look. I don't know the character well enough.

Astonishing Member

True ! I would have prefered longer hair witht he undercut though. It seems that the butch one side short undercut is everywhere now (maybe it's just me)
    It's common enough opinion that this style of haircut has become somewhat too frequent with fictional female characters of certain archetypes (and in certain settings) in recent times. Though if this is true per statistic or a shared personal perception based on paying more attention to their appearance, i can't say.

As for length, during the Hunt for Xavier story some of the artist actualy drew her with slightly longer hair, which was an interesting look. Though longer hair might look better as "shaggy" on her.

Also more thematically would be a bit more armor-like which I always love.
    Something akin to the dragoon armor from the Final Fantasy franchise could be interesting (even if they protective qualities are questionable from a real world perspective). Though many comic artist might not like drawing it.

In general using more carapace, scale or plate armor-ish elements in her combat outfits would certainly suit the character. Especially since she has demonstrated the ability to grow anything at will since X-force.

I love how she is drawn here though. Buff with an bone chip on her shoulder
    Certainly a good cover for her. Also if memory serves me right it's her first solo cover since Weapon X #19 back in 2004, even if it's only a variant.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Karen Darboe variant.

Love the Dark vibe of this cover.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Always liked Marrow. I really felt for her in Spurrier’s X-Force run. Has she done anything since?
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Always liked Marrow. I really felt for her in Spurrier’s X-Force run. Has she done anything since?

Yeah she was in X-men Blue as one of the mutants that Emma manipulated during Secret Empire to capture the O5 team

Towards the end she joined Magneto's Brotherhood.

She was also a member of the Emma's Hellfire Club as the White Bishop in Rosenberg's UXM run
    Last edited by Havok83; 07-18-2023 at 12:01 PM.