Page 465 of 1470 FirstFirst ... 3654154554614624634644654664674684694755155659651465 ... LastLast
Results 6,961 to 6,975 of 22043

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I always side eye who says long relationships are boring. They lasted a lot because they had some quality.
    Look how fast emma and Scott burned
    I don't want to see Jott again.
    No one wants to see Jott again. Because they’re boring and have no chemistry.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    While I'm not invested one way or another, I still think I can safely say, "Speak for yourself." A fictional couple doesn't become iconic or a recurring aspect across multiple adaptations of a work if "no one" wants to see it.

YOU may not like them together, but that doesn't change the fact that Scott and Jean are THE iconic X-couple.

Yeah. Okay. Super iconic to the point where everyone, writers included, is always trying to ship them with someone else. But sure. Different strokes for different folks. We can agree on that at least. Or agree to disagree re: the “iconicness” of Jott.

BANNED

Yeah. Okay. Super iconic to the point where everyone, writers included, is always trying to ship them with someone else. But sure. Different strokes for different folks. We can agree on that at least. Or agree to disagree re: the “iconicness” of Jott.
    And yet it's followed them across EVERY adaptation outside of the comics and a whopping majority of the AUs. Even the over-emphasis on Jean and Logan in the FoX-Men films relied on Jean being "Forbidden Fruit" because of Scott. There is no "agree to disagree," and I'm sure as hell not going to listen to Jordan "I Would Break Up Lois And Clark Because I Live For Toxic Soap Opera Drama" White when it comes to ANYTHING regarding comic book relationships. And it's sure as hell not "every" writer, because even recent books have clearly established that any other relationships Scott and Jean have are only ever going to be sidetracks (maybe you missed that panel of Scott and Jean ignoring Emma and Logan at the end of AoXM).

Fantastic Member

Also saying two fictional characters who you can write any way you want don't have chemistry is wrong.

The Jean & Scott thread created this year has 149 pages. The one from 2017 went for 247. But sure, no one wants to see them lol.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Neocide View Post
    Also saying two fictional characters who you can write any way you want don't have chemistry is wrong.
    This is the crux of it. Good writers should have no problems making relationships interesting without resorting to cheap "How do we break them up/keep them apart THIS time?" drama. If the relationship fails to interest readers the problem isn't the relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    This is the crux of it. Good writers should have no problems making relationships interesting without resorting to cheap "How do we break them up/keep them apart THIS time?" drama. If the relationship fails to interest readers the problem isn't the relationship.
    Yeah 100% on writers. For choosing a incompatible ship or ruining a good one

I think we also need to see that long relationships aren't like new or the "will or they won't do'. it is a different dynamic

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    And yet it's followed them across EVERY adaptation outside of the comics and a whopping majority of the AUs. Even the over-emphasis on Jean and Logan in the FoX-Men films relied on Jean being "Forbidden Fruit" because of Scott. There is no "agree to disagree," and I'm sure as hell not going to listen to Jordan "I Would Break Up Lois And Clark Because I Live For Toxic Soap Opera Drama" White when it comes to ANYTHING regarding comic book relationships. And it's sure as hell not "every" writer, because even recent books have clearly established that any other relationships Scott and Jean have are only ever going to be sidetracks (maybe you missed that panel of Scott and Jean ignoring Emma and Logan at the end of AoXM).
    Lois & Clark were separated by the same reasons, also MJ and Peter Parker.

It didn't made the couples less iconic

The reason I don't want to see Jott again i sbecause writers burned too many bridges

Quote Originally Posted by Neocide View Post
    On that same coin, we only have what’s written to go by. I can’t enjoy a couple speculating how some other writer could *maybe* make it more interesting. Their best, worst, and especially longest running writers influence that opinion the greatest.

I think Romy probably has the biggest fluctuation in chemistry by writer but the other major X-Couples are pretty consistent for me.

Fantastic Member

And to me they had lots of chemistry though. They always worked together perfectly fine for me(so did Emma and Scott at a time) honestly it's really comes down to personal preference.

wrong. You dont. Plenty of others however do. Thats some major denial to dismiss their status is an iconic X-couple.
    Last edited by Havok83; 12-01-2019 at 12:24 PM.

Well looks like you get your wish. Scott and Jean appear to be together. And with Logan and Emma too. Ha. Best of all worlds I suppose...

BANNED

My question is, when they are ready for the next Cyclops story, do both Jean and Emma go evil and die or do they split the duties?

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    My question is, when they are ready for the next Cyclops story, do both Jean and Emma go evil and die or do they split the duties?
    He first impregnates them, then they go evil and die.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    In February. All of jean, emma & storm will die to do Cyclops story.