Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    That is the first thing I realized. It is supposed to be a female. Genesis and Apo had 2 sons and 3 daughters.
    Maybe she/he/they transitioned, it may sound improbable but not impossible
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    Maybe Pestilence is genderfluid and a metamorph.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Maybe she/he/they transitioned, it may sound improbable but not impossible
    I honestly was thinking along these lines too.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Yeah that is completely on marvel. Apoc should have two sons and two daughters but this has been happening from the start. From x of swords hardcover.

In the main event the breast under the bandages is obvious but later in wolverine it is straight open chest.

Attachment 130388
    Attachment 130389
    Maybe they are genderfluid?

Astonishing Member

Tbh, given that it is Ewing and he took Hickman's acknowledgment he goofed on the Petra & Sway thing as a challenge 'no I can make this work!' - I think it actually is entirely plausible he looked at the original mixup about Pestilence's gender and went challenge accepted, please hold for my 'the Arakkii don't give a **** about modern gender constructs and Pestilence uses any pronouns' take to clear all this up.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Tbh, given that it is Ewing and he took Hickman's acknowledgment he goofed on the Petra & Sway thing as a challenge 'no I can make this work!' - I think it actually is entirely plausible he looked at the original mixup about Pestilence's gender and went challenge accepted, please hold for my 'the Arakkii don't give a **** about modern gender constructs and Pestilence uses any pronouns' take to clear all this up.
    That would be funny ! Also we have very few genderfluid characters, so it would be nice representation. I was SO glad to see Cloud show up in Ewing's Defenders.

There's something wholesome about Apocalypse accepting Pesti's gender identity. Like he'll use their prefered pronouns and accept who they are, as long as they continue to be strong and kill their enemies without mercy.
    2024: The Year of Hellion

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    There's something wholesome about Apocalypse accepting Pesti's gender identity. Like he'll use their prefered pronouns and accept who they are, as long as they continue to be strong and kill their enemies without mercy.
    we love our inclusive fascists.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    Definitely would make the most sense.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Ironfire said that he can transmute his blood into any type of metal, and shape any kind of weapon or armor he can imagine from it.
    Adam X /Indra Chimera? Blood manipulation and Self generated armor/weapons. Jokes obvs but that's where my mind went.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    Yeah they are pestilence likely they shape flesh and bone and are fluid in presentation.
    Ororo Munroe is Twilight Sparkle in xmen red if that makes sense.

Ironfire being one of White Sword's 100 soldiers...fits

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    That would actually be really damn cool. I've been very curious about the Arakkii alchemists and "mystics" as Ororo referred to them in SoS #1 I believe.
    Arakki mystics really will be something to see. That's for sure. What they told storm that they hear of the spirits of vengeance was soo eerie, I love it. And yes iron fire is basically a mutant alchemist. The claws are just a side quirk. He can unleash his transmitted blood as pellets of rain and such. That doesnt seem logan or wolverine esque to me. The only similarity is that he can also do adamatium claws if he wanted.

Ironfire said that he can transmute his blood into any type of metal, and shape any kind of weapon or armor he can imagine from it. So he has a bit more range than Logan or just hot claws.

BUT the more interesting thing to me is I think he's one of those mutant alchemists Genesis referenced in X of Swords, that worked with engineers to raise the towers that protected Arakko from Amenth for so long. The triangle with an arrow pointing out of it, that he wears like an emblem in most places he's showed up so far? Its the alchemical version of his name....in old Egyptian-based alchemy, a triangle is the symbol for fire, and that arrow in that direction is the symbol for iron, with that direction specifically associating it with Mars.

So given the transmutation nature of his powers and use of alchemical symbology, I would not at all be surprised if he's a mutant magician, practiced in alchemy in specific, and we just haven't see his magic or expertise come into play yet. Plus, alchemy is long associated with elixirs of eternal youth and longevity, so that could be how he survives to Year 1000. He uses his alchemy to make potions that keep him alive.

(Also, if most Arakkii magic is alchemy-based, that could go a long way towards explaining why longevity seems to be so commonplace, with lots of Arakkii being centuries or millennia old. They've got alchemists among their populace, creating elixirs that keep their warriors alive and vital long past their natural lifespans).
    Wait that will make sense. Recall that storm offered fire and life to the gods when casting her spell. And alchemy has a rule of giving something to get something. Law of equivalent exchange or something to that effect. It could be that arakki magic systems informed how storm adapted her magic over the years. Likely the genesis war will show us that.

Greg Capullo
    https://twitter.com/gregcapullo/stat...02824905838599

"Coming soon 🤘🏻✏️🤘🏻"

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Everything he’s drawn to date (2 headshots and now a clawed hand) have been of Logan. I think he’s taking over Wolverine. Maybe with Donny Cates?
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”