Page 581 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 814815315715775785795805815825835845855916316811081 ... LastLast
Results 8,701 to 8,715 of 22260
    Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post

Nightcrawler, Magik, Cypher, Eye-Boy, & Lockheed look like the crew starring in Giant Size Nightcrawler. I wonder how Prestige and Thunderbird will play into this.
    Alan can make even Eyeboy look good.
    And I adore Lockheed, Doug and Illyana.

My gut feeling is that Thunderbird and Prestige are not themselves, they’re ghosts, constructs or nightmares, I’m guessing?

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Looks like the Acanti are heading to earth. It would be cool if this is the baby Storm saved older.
    It would be disappointing if this doesn't have anything to do with Storm.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post

Nightcrawler, Magik, Cypher, Eye-Boy, & Lockheed look like the crew starring in Giant Size Nightcrawler. I wonder how Prestige and Thunderbird will play into this.
    Eye-boy really made it into the big leagues! The New X-Men wish...

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    It would be disappointing if this doesn't have anything to do with Storm.
    I think the NM's were supposed to have brought that Brood stuff back to Earth. It most likely is associated with that, but it would be awesome if someone remembered Ororo's connection to the Soulsinger.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

" X-Men writer Jonathan Hickman and Excalibur writer Tini Howard will head up X of Swords, with other writers from the 'Dawn of X' line also contributing.

The title X of Swords, which Hickman said had been coined by Howard, may also hint at the story's themes. Beyond the obvious connection to ten mutants wielding ten swords, the title, pronounced "Ten of Swords", may refer to the 'Ten of Swords' Tarot card - which, in the parlance of Tarot fortune telling, indicates abject disaster and ruin. And of course, when read literally, "X of Swords" resembles the expression "crossing swords" - a literal clash of blades."

Didn't know Hickman was into tarot so much.

Is that Bobby or Husk on the Cable cover?

Is the Giant Size Nightcrawler team just going to be white people? 3 of them blondes?

BANNED

Brisson rarely gets one from me but I like the idea of a social media specifically made to out mutants named Dox. Good pun and very realistic, as well as further highlight why Krakoa was the right way to go.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Very excited for the X-Men issue featuring Petra and Sway. Hopefully we'll be seeing them else where as well.

Seeing Lockheed here and there makes me happy, but also sad.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I tend to agree with you. The comparisons that were made to Giant Size #1, X-Men #1, etc. tells me we're here for the long haul in this new era.
    GSXM1 was Len Wein's only issue, and Jim Lee and Chris Claremont were both gone from Marvel within a few months of X-Men#1, so those aren't exactly the best comparisons. I think Hickman has a complete story in mind already, he will tell it in its entirety over a 3 year period or so, and then he will leave, having reset the whole think by killing Moira.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Is the Giant Size Nightcrawler team just going to be white people? 3 of them blondes?
    New Mutants was such a diverse team at its time(and even to today in many regards), but with was like, 1 half ethnic, 1 half blonde hair blue eyed people.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    GSXM1 was Len Wein's only issue, and Jim Lee and Chris Claremont were both gone from Marvel within a few months of X-Men#1, so those aren't exactly the best comparisons. I think Hickman has a complete story in mind already, he will tell it in its entirety over a 3 year period or so, and then he will leave, having reset the whole think by killing Moira.
    The way he spoke at today's con I don't think he'll reset everything to statu quo. I don't think it'll stay as it is now either but Im curious to find out.