Page 640 of 1455 FirstFirst ... 1405405906306366376386396406416426436446506907401140 ... LastLast
Results 9,586 to 9,600 of 21811

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I'm trade-waiting this...I just couldn't allow myself to go over-budget with this title. Though, it's the first time since his first volume that I was sorely tempted to buy a Wolverine solo.
    I’m really enjoying this weaving together of the Dracula/vampires and Omega Red storyline, with the latter now being an agent of the former. Kind of makes sense, since his mutant power is to drain life from his victims.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Yeah...

You keep doing you, Tycon.

Peace.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I’m really enjoying this weaving together of the Dracula/vampires and Omega Red storyline, with the latter now being an agent of the former. Kind of makes sense, since his mutant power is to drain life from his victims.
    I know Right!?

That's the plot-line that piqued and hooked my interest.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

You call it “lazy” while I call it being selective about what I choose to be offended by. Hard to be offended by noise on social media platforms that I’m not even on. Just saying. If you want to fight every facebook post and tweet that you deem offensive with equal vigor, so be it. More power to you. I’ll continue to do my thing, though. And while you’re doing that, I’ll be doing what I do and focusing on what matters to me. Guess we’ll see at the end of the day who is more productive, successful and ultimately happy. You do you, I’ll do me. Peace, Tycon.

Also, you guys got me curious, so I checked it out. The original tweet is gone but he posted this...

https://twitter.com/VikBogdanovic/st...06099215958017

Is that satisfactory or do you need him fired? And can we please get back to focusing on upcoming artwork in this thread at some point? Thanks.
    Fired ❤️

If you call being blissfully ignorant “productive” then I guess you do you. Just know you’re part of the problem

I can live with that. Solving all societal ills from behind my keyboard by getting people fired who don’t toe the line isn’t something that I set out to do each day.

BANNED

Imagine being catty at folks posting about superheroes but then cavalier and non-aggro about sexual assault. People are silly.

As for Bogdonovich, it doesn't seem like he ultimately meant any harm. The beginning of the post seems a bit dismissive, but there is some good advice in the post too. I get why people came after him for it, but I don't know if it's all that bad.

I'll just say that people in positions of influence should aim to be unequivocal in speaking against folks that seek to do harm, if they don't want people to negatively react.
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 06-27-2020 at 11:54 AM.

I can live with that. Solving all societal ills from behind my keyboard by getting people fired who don’t toe the line isn’t something that I set out to do each day.
    Ignoring all of society’s ills doesn’t do **** either. Don’t presume how I do activism, thanks.

Ha. Okay. I won’t presume if you won’t. Anyway. Back to art...

People need to develop thicker skin. Everyone is not going to agree with you all the time. And that’s okay. If you find that hurtful, well, it’s not meant to be. Maybe unplug for a minute, take a walk, and the offending point of view won’t matter so much if put in perspective. This guy is from a different country, with a different culture, maybe not quite as enlightened as you think he should be on this topic. Okay. Perhaps some folks can engage him in dialogue rather than social media “torches and pitchfork” behavior and change his perspective. That’s how this used to work, once upon a time. I really hope Marvel doesn’t boot him. His art is fantastic IMO. And that’s all that matters to me. I don’t give a crap what this guy thinks in his private life... within reason obviously (if he advocates for molesting children and cannibalism I think that would be a problem, for example).

Remember when it was okay to just not know what everyone thought on every issue under the sun? Good times. If creators were smart, they’d abandon social media with the quickness and find other ways to share their art with their fans and promote their work. It’s getting too risky out there to engage with fans because someone is always going to find something to be offended by unless you just say only what it is you know they want to hear, in which case why bother.
    You routinely have creators on the political left posting on social media that they don't want fans on the political right even buying, reading, enjoying or praising their work. Rick Remender has practically become famous for that. A bunch of them actually endorsed Antifa a few weeks back, including people I thought had more sense regardless of their politics. If someone like Sean Gordon Murphy, who describes himself as center-left, even posts something sane and centrist... he get vilified by his peers as they try to bring him back into line with the far-left and alt-left positions.

Comics is quickly becoming the place for only one type of fan or creator, and anyone who doesn't toe that ideological line is going to get the boot.

Careful... that kind of talk can get you fired these days, comrade.

Let’s just look at the artwork and enjoy. When we have some again.

Lawd faddah ha' mercy!!! that Wolverine cover...

Dayum! What’s that from!?

Dayum! What’s that from!?
    Hellions 3 altenative cover Anacleto