Page 427 of 1485 FirstFirst ... 3273774174234244254264274284294304314374775279271427 ... LastLast
Results 6,391 to 6,405 of 22262

Quote Originally Posted by comeatmebro View Post
    More people buy his books than any Age of X-Man writers' books
    One of the worst selling events in Marvel history? Not really a high bar there.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    That's because he's been around since the 1980s, and has devoted fans of his 90s gun and muscle fetish. Most of the current writers have only been around a couple years.
    And sadly, it shows. Very badly lol No wonder continuity & characters are screwed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    And sadly, it shows. Very badly lol No wonder continuity & characters are screwed up.
    That's on the editorial team. New writers don't get to mess with continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    According to bleeding cool X-Men: The Seeds Of Tomorrow will be a free give away tomorrow that has the first appearances and teases for Hickman and the dawn of x
    Will it be available digitally? Or comic shops only?

What’s wrong with the character portrayals or continuity? Unless you mean Uncanny.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    One of the worst selling events in Marvel history? Not really a high bar there.
    You are right, Age of X-Man is an incredibly low bar

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    What’s wrong with the character portrayals or continuity? Unless you mean Uncanny.
    Uncanny, Weapon, X, Gold, X-Men Black. Really damn near every book since ResurrXion has been TERRIBLE with characterization, story, and continuity.

Aside from Bunn, no writer on the X-books recently has been any good imo. Hopefully Hickman will hire some better talent that will utilize characters & story better.

I wasn't impressed with Thompson's Rogue x Gambit, nor her pettiness with Deadpool. lol
    Greg Pak goes without saying.
    Rosenberg is even worse than him. lol
    Guggenheim did nothing good from the bits & pieces I read of Gold.
    Not impressed with Williams thus far.
    Age of X has just been a slow 6 month lag all-around.

All personal taste, but 2017 - 2019 has been a bad era for me. The forums are more entertaining than the books lol
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 07-16-2019 at 07:30 PM.

Uncanny, Weapon, X, Gold, X-Men Black. Really damn near every book since ResurrXion has been TERRIBLE with characterization, story, and continuity.

Aside from Bunn, no writer on the X-books recently has been any good imo. Hopefully Hickman will hire some better talent that will utilize characters & story better.

I wasn't impressed with Thompson's Rogue x Gambit, nor her pettiness with Deadpool. lol

All personal taste, but 2017 - 2019 has been a bad era for me. The forums are more entertaining than the books lol
    Not even Taylor? I thought his X-men Red and ANW were good

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Not even Taylor? I thought his X-men Red and ANW were good
    I'm not interested in any of the Wolverines, outside of Wolvie (Exiles) so I didn't read his ANW, and even with the chapter I did read, it was fulls of flubs. lol Similar with Red, there was too much of Logan's DNA in it for me. And I was already fed up with Mary Sue Logan in Weapon X...

The last X-Book I enjoyed was Bunncanny, and nothing has come close for me since. Outside of the X-Books, Brisson's Iron Fist & the Soska Sister's Black Widow were books I enjoyed. But that was it.

Hopefully Hickman's era will give me at least one X-Book I can enjoy. That's really all I need. Also loved Duggan's Avengers. So 2016 had 2 good books for me that were good to my favorites with a cast I could enjoy. But it was all flushed 2017.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 07-16-2019 at 07:36 PM.

I wouldn’t call Greg Pak or Guggenheim “new writers.” I wouldn’t even really say that with Tom Taylor or James Robinson. Uncanny, Age of X-Man, MMX, and X-Force have all been pretty spot-on when it comes to events lining up and creating a cohesive bond between all the books. Age of X-Man and X-Force aren’t really starting too far from proper characterization, either.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    when will christos gage be allowed to have a hostile franchise takeover
    I still have nightmares of his shitty Legacy run.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I wouldn’t call Greg Pak or Guggenheim “new writers.” I wouldn’t even really say that with Tom Taylor or James Robinson. Uncanny, Age of X-Man, MMX, and X-Force have all been pretty spot-on when it comes to events lining up and creating a cohesive bond between all the books. Age of X-Man and X-Force aren’t really starting too far from proper characterization, either.
    Brisson is better with characterization than Pak. He has done both Creed & Domino great justice contrary to Pak & Simone's destruction. Sadly he doesn't seem the most successful in the X-books. I'd say he's a close second to Bunn. Too bad he wasn't writing any of my favorites, as I think he could've been a good voice for them.

However, still not impressed anywhere else. Thompson loses points for her Deadpool in MMX, so that killed it for me. In addition to being bored with Rogue x Gambit. As someone mentioned, it does feel more like 90's Rogue, and I personally prefer Duggan's. So eh with Thompson's characterization. Tom Taylor had instances of failing to do his research as well before using guest stars in his book. Or should I say doing proper research than he didn't copy from Pak. lol Nor did I are for Daken as this brotherly anti-hero. If Creed can't make that, Daken shouldn't either. The Wolverine special treatment is very old after 20 years.

I hope we get more variants with different X-Men and not the same 5 to 10 characters.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I hope we get more variants with different X-Men and not the same 5 to 10 characters.
    You'll get 15 Wolverine covers and you'll like it, or else!
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

I actually haven’t seen any Wolverine specific variants for either HoX or PoX.