Page 425 of 1487 FirstFirst ... 3253754154214224234244254264274284294354755259251425 ... LastLast
Results 6,361 to 6,375 of 22293
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Saddest thing is, given how hard AoXM tanked, it would be objectively unfair to bag on Major X until the 33th issue. Oh well.
    everyone is way too positive and soft with Zac, Lonnie, Leah, etc... but can talk as much **** on Rob as possible, it's real hypocritical

Mighty Member

I still can't believe that Major X is better than Age of X-Man. At least the former is so bad, it's good. The latter is a boring stack of wall insulation.

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    I still can't believe that Major X is better than Age of X-Man. At least the former is so bad, it's good. The latter is a boring stack of wall insulation.
    I liked AOX much more. slow pace but interesting character work and i can look without my eyes burning

Quote Originally Posted by comeatmebro View Post
    everyone is way too positive and soft with Zac, Lonnie, Leah, etc... but can talk as much **** on Rob as possible, it's real hypocritical
    At least Rob sold and will be remembered. Age of X-man will be forgotten fast unless they decide it will carry over and keep damaging the franchice.

Quote Originally Posted by fsger View Post
    At least Rob sold and will be remembered. Age of X-man will be forgotten fast unless they decide it will carry over and keep damaging the franchice.
    Rob sold because he created a new character and speculators from 90s showed up

BANNED

I definitely agree with this comment. Where'd Zac and Lonnie come from anyway? Another plane of existence that's DEFINITELY not an AU?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PetPigeon View Post
    I definitely agree with this comment. Where'd Zac and Lonnie come from anyway? Another plane of existence that's DEFINITELY not an AU?
    They wrote one well-receiced Cable arc and were immediately promoted to showrunners of a six month event that covered 32 issues.

Meanwhile, Professor Carey had to slave away for years writing some of the best X-Men stories and dealing with all the arrogant ARCHITECT writers in charge at the time and got a 7 issue AU thrown his way as a thank you.

BANNED

That Cable arc wasn't good either besides DWJ's gorgeous covers

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    They wrote one well-receiced Cable arc and were immediately promoted to showrunners of a six month event that covered 32 issues.

Meanwhile, Professor Carey had to slave away for years writing some of the best X-Men stories and dealing with all the arrogant ARCHITECT writers in charge at the time and got a 7 issue AU thrown his way as a thank you.
    Don't forget Gillen not even being invited to be an "architect" of an event featuring the characters he's writing in his ongoing as key players.

And my guess is that X-office was so desperate that the first person that came up with an idea to what to do in 6 months that could just be ignored by Hickman became the showrunner.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Rob sold because he created a new character and speculators from 90s showed up
    Rob sold bc he's a name despite the online hate he gets. His material tends to do well. Creating a new character isnt why it sold well bc new characters are made all the time and dont move the needle. Besides Major X did not sell all that well. It did the typical numbers that the X-men ongoings were doing (roughly 30K). Age of X-man however is an utter failure with most of the books hovering around 15K

BANNED

more people actually like Rob and his art than all the Age of X-Man writers' "fans" combined

Quote Originally Posted by PetPigeon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post

That Cable arc wasn't good either besides DWJ's gorgeous covers
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Don't forget Gillen not even being invited to be an "architect" of an event featuring the characters he's writing in his ongoing as key players.

And my guess is that X-office was so desperate that the first person that came up with an idea to what to do in 6 months that could just be ignored by Hickman became the showrunner.
    All so true. So true. Past 6 months have been the wild freaking west with random people grabbing power and control of too many big characters. Hopefully Hickman will be the creative voice and runner for a while.

more people actually like Rob and his art than all the Age of X-Man writers' "fans" combined
    I severely doubt this. Liefeld has been an online meme quite a long time. Maybe back in the 90s, but Spirit is correct. Speculators inflated his sales this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Rob sold bc he's a name despite the online hate he gets. His material tends to do well. Creating a new character isnt why it sold well bc new characters are made all the time and dont move the needle. Besides Major X did not sell all that well. It did the typical numbers that the X-men ongoings were doing (roughly 30K). Age of X-man however is an utter failure with most of the books hovering around 15K
    Rob got his new 52 books canceled. so major x thrived more on speculators

Imagine almost all the X-men line losing to one single work with bad art and bad storytelling by a guy everybody hates.
    It couldn't be that maybe Age of X-man was worse, it pretended to be deep, it was so up it's own ass but it doesn't mean it was good or deep. Ence why it sold bad and more people cared about Rob (imagine that people were so bored they prefered liefield)